One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-28 21:59:50

LaughAtlantis

What's with the baby kidnapping?

The latest in griefing appears to be babynapping. Stealing your kid, taking it out of the city to starve, and then coming back to taunt you. This has happened to me three times now. It's strangely horrifying.

Anyone else? Babynappers?

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#2 2018-06-28 22:02:20

Trick

Re: What's with the baby kidnapping?

I've had it happen to me as a baby a couple of times.

People in this game are weird.

#3 2018-06-28 22:03:55

FounderOne

Well let them take your kids. The kid can jump away! I once faced a baby rapist. He took the baby's and walked fast against big objects so he bumped back and forth with the baby.

He took several baby's and one mum got angry, tried to kill him and stabbed three non guilty people on her way by accident....

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#4 2018-06-28 22:14:33

YAHG

Yeah I once let a strange man carry me into the woods..

I thought we were gonna get married and start a city together </3

He let me starve.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-06-28 22:22:00

LaughAtlantis

FounderOne wrote:

Well let them take your kids. The kid can jump away!

Yeah, but if I'm a kid and I've just spawned in, I have no idea what the makeup of the society is. My mom could be the doctor and my uncle could be taking me away from a bear attack, for all I know.  There's very little reason for me to jump away unless the man threatens me. 

And it's particularly creepy when the dude comes back and says, "I killed your kid." Okay.. thanks, ya monster.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#6 2018-06-28 23:23:14

forestglade

I think you let this happen to you once as  a baby and you realize that you need to jump out.

#7 2018-06-28 23:27:29

DJDisorder

This happened to me yesterday, got took way south to 'help with something' by a random woman. Saw the knife in the woods, as she went to grab a berry I jumped out n ran back to town, got her name to two people with knives and they got her just as she killed another.

#8 2018-06-28 23:31:34

YAHG

DJDisorder wrote:

This happened to me yesterday, got took way south to 'help with something' by a random woman. Saw the knife in the woods, as she went to grab a berry I jumped out n ran back to town, got her name to two people with knives and they got her just as she killed another.

F Yeah!

I swiped a pack off some old dude trying to give it to someone else. LOL...
He was whining like a punk so I gave it back to him and then called him a lil fag smile.
He threatened to shank me so I took his file+bladeblank and hid them.
We made peace later but it was still funny. <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-06-29 04:11:54

Lotus

If someone carries you outside the boarders, jump out. It’s a death sentence if you don’t.

#10 2018-06-29 04:52:35

Neo

Yep, Most of the time males that pick you up are trying to starve you out.

They are testing the babies to see how smart they are or if they are afk. If they are smart enough to jump out then theres a better chance of them being useful.
But if a baby fails to realize what's happening then they wouldn't have been likely to contribute anyway.

It's not perfect but it does filter out alot of bad players. I only do it to the boys, Even if a girl sucks we do still need them to keep the lineage going. Boys on the other hand are only valuable if they are working.

Honorable mentions to babies that never jumped out and spammed F when they realized I wasn't a food source. Then they try to run back but starve long before they reach the camp. Also honorable mentions to the ones that did make it back but died anyway because no one fed them.

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-29 05:20:13)

#11 2018-06-29 06:10:49

CarrotPies4Life

FounderOne wrote:

Well let them take your kids. The kid can jump away! I once faced a baby rapist. He took the baby's and walked fast against big objects so he bumped back and forth with the baby.

He took several baby's and one mum got angry, tried to kill him and stabbed three non guilty people on her way by accident....

(COOUGH) (COUGH) that was me...(COUGH) (COUGH)

Lambs, mushrooms, and pies.......sometimes stew......sometimes.

#12 2018-06-29 16:13:14

pein

yepp is a test
i do it to kids who cant stay on good temperature, and on eve camps if my sis pumps out too much and didnt do shit
also when we got more than 4-5 fertile females of every age, and they dont work
and if im the only one who is making food and people dont give a crap about it
raising kids means you create enough food for them to reach adulthood, not dropping them on fire and running around scavenging then having next one
generally you can talk to one who feeds them if didnt understand just shoot it
talk all you want but when all your kids die before age 10 with no food or no purpose you are a griefer
once you lower everybodys food rations, with no intention of re-compensating, then you even feel morally superior while you are the reason 10-15 people die young age, then they come back and you waste 10 more minutes of their time again
i dont mind dieing as baby, i hate to starve at 8-12 or running around until 30 with no pack, no basket, only eating berry

also you increase lag if keeping all kids, and pro players suicide and you are left with noobs who wont help anyway

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2018-06-30 09:46:45

TAIOAN

CarrotPies4Life wrote:
FounderOne wrote:

(COOUGH) (COUGH) that was me...(COUGH) (COUGH)

Are you the mom, right?

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#14 2018-06-30 12:51:42

TrustyWay

Baby kidnapping isn't new, jump off his arms and go on middle heat tiles until you come back to your home.

If this is the least effective form of griefing.

Board footer