One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-23 09:22:14

Neo

Has healing been effective against murderers.

I have seen a few towns with doctors which is a good sign. I'm yet to see any successful healing but people were still learning.

Wondering if the amount of murders is lower because of the good doctors.

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-23 09:30:04)

#2 2018-06-23 10:12:50

pennedgalaxy

Re: Has healing been effective against murderers.

Neo wrote:

I have seen a few towns with doctors which is a good sign. I'm yet to see any successful healing but people were still learning.

I've seen successful healing and been a recipient of it myself actually! It's slowly going since it can take a while to figure out the mechanics of a new update, BUT! I know in the time I've seen people using it that it's been fairly effective!

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#3 2018-06-23 12:59:50

Lum

I witnessed at least five wounded, from boar, knife and bow, and only one of them died. The other times they were successfully healed (including myself), and by different people at that. People are already getting how it works and how important it is

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#4 2018-06-23 13:38:01

pein

i got sever lags, now i fixed somehow and lived a long life in town

my mom was bitching about things, a guy stabbed her, they healed
then a few more people

is nice and all but was a waste of resources on them

i seen a backpack changing owner 5 times
i guess people just want to heal no matter what

i really think i need a least a closed box to store my stuff cause i hate working for lazy bastards who roleplay all the time

the berry farm went all dry and nobody picked carrots, so i had hard time fixing town, i would actually let all of them die when i make berry bowls since i was kid and then they use the fleece over and over without feeding sheep

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-06-23 13:42:28

Aurora Aurora

pein wrote:

i really think i need a least a closed box to store my stuff cause i hate working for lazy bastards who roleplay all the time

Roleplayer lives matter!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#6 2018-06-23 14:05:16

Neo

pein wrote:

then a few more people

the berry farm went all dry and nobody picked carrots, so i had hard time fixing town, i would actually let all of them die when i make berry bowls since i was kid and then they use the fleece over and over without feeding sheep

Why do you have to power game so much my dude. You feel like your getting fucked over because you are. You are mad because your constantly working while we're having fun roleplaying.

FYI I was berry farmer for most of my time apart from my last few years, Stop acting like your sole savior in every town. Get your head out of your ass pein, Just because you don't enjoy the game dosn't mean we can't.

I will keep roleplaying because otherwise every life will be the same and I'll become as bitter as you.

#7 2018-06-23 15:06:54

Trick

Neo wrote:

I've been healed twice - once from a hog attack, and once from a murderer.

I like it.

#8 2018-06-23 15:18:12

Lotus

Someone asked to test their healing skills on me since I was a “useless male.” Then they killed me flat-out and the entire town ignored the murderer.

But I’ve seen one person recover from a stab wound.

#9 2018-06-23 15:39:21

karltown

I dunno about murders because I’ve been lucky enough to not come across any yet, but there was a bear in this one town and since I had been preparing to be a doctor all my life we had swabs and needle and thread ready. Me and another guy patched up everyone except for one man because we ran out of swabs, meanwhile someone drove the bear west. It had been shot twice, and people went after it with arrows so I assume it was killed in the end.
Also I had a hog wound and was patched up in a different city. It wasn’t a very friendly city, in fact one lady told me that I was an idiot who was getting in her way when I tried to sterilize the dirty pads that SHE had dropped on the floor. But I will always be thankful to the town doctor.

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#10 2018-06-23 16:38:49

pein

Neo wrote:
pein wrote:

then a few more people

Why do you have to power game so much my dude. You feel like your getting fucked over because you are. You are mad because your constantly working while we're having fun roleplaying.

FYI I was berry farmer for most of my time apart from my last few years, Stop acting like your sole savior in every town. Get your head out of your ass pein, Just because you don't enjoy the game dosn't mean we can't.

I will keep roleplaying because otherwise every life will be the same and I'll become as bitter as you.

yes i am, cause like 2 of us fixing things after people making useless drama
i am mad cause they letting people live who dont deserve it, then dooming a whole generation
like last time when you do something then you decide to kill somebody who calmed down already? i dont liek to do it always and dont have to do it always but then nobody does it

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-06-23 17:38:17

Lum

pein wrote:
Neo wrote:
pein wrote:

then a few more people

i am mad cause they letting people live who dont deserve it, then dooming a whole generation
like last time when you do something then you decide to kill somebody who calmed down already? i dont liek to do it always and dont have to do it always but then nobody does it

Just keep in mind that nobody is asking you to "fix things". As they said, you're not some kind of benevolent hero who goes around saving towns, you are just a bitter, lost person who doesn't get where the fun of the game really is. How haven't you gotten bored out of your mind if all you do is care for yourself and your stuff rather than other people (and their life, which to you is worthless apparently)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#12 2018-06-23 17:50:52

Styok

Neo wrote:

Oh man, QFT 100%.

#13 2018-06-23 19:53:13

Rebel

pein wrote:
Neo wrote:
pein wrote:

then a few more people

Killing people because they are being useless is just a c**t move. in fact, I would say you are worse than the people doing nothing. you could banish those people, you could be a leader and organize those people, they may just be new players. Maybe we have found out who is doing all the murdering.

and Neo i am glad someone agrees that Pein has a weird obsession with power gaming OHOL, A game where you live ONE HOUR in a town you are likely not gonna see again.

#14 2018-06-24 01:36:17

Neo

Yeah Rebel, Almost all his posts are him complaining about how bad everyone is. The people he stabs will likely just get healed now and people will go after HIM. I know this for a fact because it's happened to me many times.

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-24 01:56:08)

#15 2018-06-24 13:13:02

pein

nobody said i only care for myself, so dont invent up shit
there are a lot of persons who i care about

just not aurora, who i was mother of, and next life she tried to starve me, ignored me , then said hi and took the horse to call people peasants, and hoard all resources we struggled to gather the life before, and the town went to shit, just like every time she is in any of it

or neo who stabbed somebody for her childhood syndrome then a bug saved his life and was proud killing the lineage
always kills for gear but wont even admit it, and apparently skips trough useful informations and misinterprets everything else, i should put more smileys in my posts for myspace teenage girls like her, who dont understand sarcasm tongue

not all are worthless lot of are, and yes im leading them , and that comes with doing the dirty work
i dont kill for no reason, i give a chance to revert and i warn you that i stab your ass if you ignore it, and im up for any duel
its subjective, yes, it comes from the vast number of direct and indirect griefers i met, and any bad intention  or selfish behavior anyone who considers his time more important than mine will be punished, most of you people are angry cause some people dont let steal their stuff or give it to you free, while you wont do the same
and lot of players are even lazy or unskilled to create their own weapon to kill me or others, but talk about how selfish is to keep things you worked for

and your shit perceptions of maybe not seeing the town is the problem. i always assume that i gonna see it, and i honor the ancestors finishing their projects, appreciating their work,  leaving resources for next generation, cause you maybe made fun a game for a kid for 5 minutes, and knew who you are, but i made shit get done for a whoel generation, to not run around starvign and doing soil runs, etc. and optimizing things, you can roleplay other things than useless fights and shittalking. most of times i go on rampage is on smaller camps where people only plan to carrot farm for the next 10 generations and messing up any attempt to create something
yes im griefing too, im the happy griefer who indirectly kills you and says sweet things and motivational messages smile and never been like, ok i kill this next town just because, its like because it wont matter if i wanna do something, people just run around aimless and undo any effort of improvement, bad intentions, killing a griefer, then they are after me, anything i do
yes i end up sometimes killing like 6-8 people who rather insult and chase me than accepting facts and learning from it, generally wont help but is funny seeing others tryhard to be a savior when all they want is gear and approved kill. then i end up at 55 with a low hunger bar and somebody is so proud that kills me  with the fifth arrow they made when im not even moving

fun is to create something, not to destroy
i had a few projects, i havent done it before, or no one did it before and its not even a grind anymore, at least i try the parts of tech tree which are mostly cosmetic  and it was funny making them and there are people who joined to make them

im about on rewarding and punishing accordingly
nobody asking to fix things, everybody asking why dont we have the resources to make things
i might not be best at small talk all the time, as i am bored of noobcamps, garbage dumps and rather focus satisfying my ocd
than talking about whose fault it is and what we should do. and people watering stuff, then letting it despawn, cluttering it, annoys a lot of us

and neo, as you know all my posts, you know that i was complaining about the kills the first place
and ended up preparing myself almost every life to defend, to attack and to protect, to make things grifer proof
and chances are i will be the one in each new family the first one with the ability to heal cause mutton pie and exploring is the thing i prefer and every side product like compost and wool stuff

in the current situation that is a thing that they used the stuff i created to heal some people
but after somebody is healed grabs a knife to kill someone else, until we run out of resources not only says what they dont appreciate  others work, they even think they deserve it again
most of your life you didnt even know that its me or  something which you use was made by me, so dont act you know how i play
and call things as they are, some of you are not roleplayers, just leaching attention whores

and back to topic: people should heal the ones are deserve, not everyone, accidents can happen and will happen, and if you are healed, appreciate the effort others made, and forget your stupid arguments, you will see what others did for you when they stop doing it, dont take it for granted

#16 2018-06-24 13:24:23

Neo

pein wrote:

nobody said i only care for myself, so dont invent up shit
there are a lot of persons who i care about

just not aurora, who i was mother of, and next life she tried to starve me, ignored me , then said hi and took the horse to call people peasants, and hoard all resources we struggled to gather the life before, and the town went to shit, just like every time she is in any of it

or neo who stabbed somebody for her childhood syndrome then a bug saved his life and was proud killing the lineage
always kills for gear but wont even admit it, and apparently skips trough useful informations and misinterprets everything else, i should put more smileys in my posts for myspace teenage girls like her, who dont understand sarcasm tongue

not all are worthless lot of are, and yes im leading them , and that comes with doing the dirty work
i dont kill for no reason, i give a chance to revert and i warn you that i stab your ass if you ignore it, and im up for any duel
its subjective, yes, it comes from the vast number of direct and indirect griefers i met, and any bad intention  or selfish behavior anyone who considers his time more important than mine will be punished, most of you people are angry cause some people dont let steal their stuff or give it to you free, while you wont do the same
and lot of players are even lazy or unskilled to create their own weapon to kill me or others, but talk about how selfish is to keep things you worked for

and your shit perceptions of maybe not seeing the town is the problem. i always assume that i gonna see it, and i honor the ancestors finishing their projects, appreciating their work,  leaving resources for next generation, cause you maybe made fun a game for a kid for 5 minutes, and knew who you are, but i made shit get done for a whoel generation, to not run around starvign and doing soil runs, etc. and optimizing things, you can roleplay other things than useless fights and shittalking. most of times i go on rampage is on smaller camps where people only plan to carrot farm for the next 10 generations and messing up any attempt to create something
yes im griefing too, im the happy griefer who indirectly kills you and says sweet things and motivational messages smile and never been like, ok i kill this next town just because, its like because it wont matter if i wanna do something, people just run around aimless and undo any effort of improvement, bad intentions, killing a griefer, then they are after me, anything i do
yes i end up sometimes killing like 6-8 people who rather insult and chase me than accepting facts and learning from it, generally wont help but is funny seeing others tryhard to be a savior when all they want is gear and approved kill. then i end up at 55 with a low hunger bar and somebody is so proud that kills me  with the fifth arrow they made when im not even moving

fun is to create something, not to destroy
i had a few projects, i havent done it before, or no one did it before and its not even a grind anymore, at least i try the parts of tech tree which are mostly cosmetic  and it was funny making them and there are people who joined to make them

im about on rewarding and punishing accordingly
nobody asking to fix things, everybody asking why dont we have the resources to make things
i might not be best at small talk all the time, as i am bored of noobcamps, garbage dumps and rather focus satisfying my ocd
than talking about whose fault it is and what we should do. and people watering stuff, then letting it despawn, cluttering it, annoys a lot of us

and neo, as you know all my posts, you know that i was complaining about the kills the first place
and ended up preparing myself almost every life to defend, to attack and to protect, to make things grifer proof
and chances are i will be the one in each new family the first one with the ability to heal cause mutton pie and exploring is the thing i prefer and every side product like compost and wool stuff

in the current situation that is a thing that they used the stuff i created to heal some people
but after somebody is healed grabs a knife to kill someone else, until we run out of resources not only says what they dont appreciate  others work, they even think they deserve it again
most of your life you didnt even know that its me or  something which you use was made by me, so dont act you know how i play
and call things as they are, some of you are not roleplayers, just leaching attention whores

and back to topic: people should heal the ones are deserve, not everyone, accidents can happen and will happen, and if you are healed, appreciate the effort others made, and forget your stupid arguments, you will see what others did for you when they stop doing it, dont take it for granted

Tell me Pain, When was your last positive life or experience in this game that you genuinely enjoyed?

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-24 13:25:01)

#17 2018-06-24 13:34:25

pein

after you diededed it was very positive, seeing the town was cleaned up and everything was working, people used knifes as intended, the queen was feeding babies, and we made cartloads of pies

im not angry about things, i fix it, if it takes it to stab/shot someone be it, i will enjoy the game
even when i fed up with people, and i do stupid things its funny, if i cant do nothing just move out as woman and start a small camp

being useful is positive, leaving your mark on a town

#18 2018-06-24 13:49:50

Neo

pein wrote:

after you diededed it was very positive, seeing the town was cleaned up and everything was working, people used knifes as intended, the queen was feeding babies, and we made cartloads of pies

im not angry about things, i fix it, if it takes it to stab/shot someone be it, i will enjoy the game
even when i fed up with people, and i do stupid things its funny, if i cant do nothing just move out as woman and start a small camp

being useful is positive, leaving your mark on a town

But of course, Nobody likes you much either. Glad you took pleasure from my unjustified murder.

Not my fault the town was a shit, I was working too.

And don't bitch to me about the town I killed, You were planning to kill them too. You probably still have a higher kill count then me.

#19 2018-06-24 13:56:42

Kinrany

Do we have mods? It would be nice to start banning people for shit like personal attacks in this thread. Well-kept gardens die by pacifism.

pein, in the holy war between powergamers and roleplayer cliques social skills are usually not on your side. Do not treat a social fight as if it was a sincere disagreement.

#20 2018-06-24 14:10:38

YAHG

Meh, I got to live with pein once. I was Eve and he was my first born.

We kicked ass.

Also reality is not a democracy, it doesn't matter if pein is outnumbered.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#21 2018-06-24 14:11:13

pein

no i didnt neo, just wanted to end it, and i had work in it
im pretty sure i beat jorioms record xD by intent or not, when you kill one with reason, self defense leads to another 4-5

kinrany, how could i treat it, when they invent up shit
yeah like youtubers who make 6 pies and they "fed everybody"

Board footer