One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-20 14:06:09

forestglade

Murder penalty for killing young females

It is annoying and disheartening to build a civilization and a griefer comes and specifically targets young females.

First of all, the number of players seem low lately, and a lot of civs die just because there are no female births.

I was in a tiny village and a griefer killed off two fertile females and everything collapsed. No role playing, nothing fun. Just some dude decided to end the game play for an entire village. In the end, there were 2 man and old woman left. I was a man and had finished making backpacks and I just had no desire to continue living in a dead end village so I starved myself.

How about a murder penalty that only takes in effect if you kill a young female? Maybe this means you get longer lineage ban, or you can't kill a second young female, or your hunger pips drop. Something so that one person doesn't have so much power.

#2 2018-06-20 14:13:59

sc0rp

Re: Murder penalty for killing young females

forestglade wrote:

I was in a tiny village and a griefer killed off two fertile females and everything collapsed.

How did it happen?  You had no weapons to kill him back after first one?

#3 2018-06-20 14:18:44

YAHG

It never fucking stops, nothing is ever enough punishment for killing.

They always want just this one more thing.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#4 2018-06-20 14:20:36

sc0rp

YAHG wrote:

It never fucking stops, nothing is ever enough punishment for killing.

They always want just this one more thing.

There is no punishment for killing in OHOL or I missed something?

#5 2018-06-20 14:26:04

YAHG

He JUST doubled the hold the knife and run slow penalty after the dual hissy fit threads...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#6 2018-06-20 14:35:33

Neo

There was roleplay, He was roleplaying as a serial killer.YAHG has already pointed out the penalties that already apply to killers, People have ample time to run away from me when I stab someone.

You can either fight the killer or run away, Problem is people aren't very smart.

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-20 14:44:25)

#7 2018-06-20 14:36:37

TheRedBug

However now young female griefers will give a malus when you want to stop them

You guys have to think that griefers will also use these rules in their advantages...

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#8 2018-06-20 14:40:20

sc0rp

YAHG wrote:

He JUST doubled the hold the knife and run slow penalty after the dual hissy fit threads...

It affects both sides in the same way.  I don't see any penalty here for a griefer.  Even if killed he just respawns somewhere else.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-20 14:41:06)

#9 2018-06-20 15:17:00

forestglade

sc0rp wrote:
forestglade wrote:

I was in a tiny village and a griefer killed off two fertile females and everything collapsed.

There was only a bow. She had the bow and killed two females. And that was all that was needed because it was young tiny village. I was a toddler when she killed, and another toddler tried to defend as well, but we were too young. I grew up and worked and then realized the population was done for because the only people left couldn't repopulate. Then I just gave up on that life.

#10 2018-06-20 15:22:55

forestglade

I think the occasional killing adds drama and role play and I do sometimes find it entertaining. I know killers that target older people.
But targeting young females means you are trying to kill off the village and the work that multiple people have put into. We farmers/workers are the backbone of this game, and if you keep trolling us, we will find another game.

Then who will you kill? Be a smart predator and don't kill off the young ones.

#11 2018-06-20 15:33:46

sc0rp

forestglade wrote:
sc0rp wrote:

There was only a bow. She had the bow and killed two females. And that was all that was needed because it was young tiny village. I was a toddler when she killed, and another toddler tried to defend as well, but we were too young. I grew up and worked and then realized the population was done for because the only people left couldn't repopulate. Then I just gave up on that life.

Bad idea to have the only weapon lying in the open for anyone to grab.  And not to steal the arrow - you can grab it as a kid (not toddler).  OTOH it's hard to afford more than one bow in early camp. And guy making first one for "goose" or "wolf" may be griefer anyway.

#12 2018-06-20 17:36:37

breezeknight

running away in a multiplayer game to play it then as singleplayer ?

that's the solution, isn't it ? lol

& about penalties - IT - DOES - NOT  - WORK

the only thing that would work
is giving the victim the option to cure themselves - THEMSELVES,
not how it is now announced by Jason to be cured by others - this won't work either

people are being murdered because they are unable to do anything powerful about that
killers are powerful in OHOL, players not interested in killing are nothing but helpless PREY, that's how extinction works

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-06-20 17:43:03)

#13 2018-06-21 00:51:41

Sin

I'm pretty sure that I lived in that village that you're talking about yesterday. If I remember right, the griefer made the bow themselves and then there was no more milkweed in that biome so we couldn't make a second. I left to find a different green biome with more but by the time I finally got back with a weapon, she had already killed the other young women, then gone AFK and starved to death. This has been happening a lot more often lately, or maybe I've been having terrible luck. I was in two small civs that had griefers yesterday and today, two eve camps with murderers. Seriously, how pathetic do you have to be to grief an eve camp!? I guess we should all start making bows as eves now rather than planting the farm or making tools?

I know that this topic has been talked to death but unfortunately it's really kind of an impossible situation. There is absolutely no way for the game to distinguish a griefer from a person who's defending the town. Honestly I think the only way to really stop the griefing is if the players stopped being anonymous, but that's not likely to go over very well at all.

#14 2018-06-21 02:47:06

sc0rp

Yeah, I think that Eve/early camps should be protected from griefers (most likely with karma system or abitlity to mob up). There are myriad ways to grief at this stage (as I pointed out in "How to grief effectively" topic) and nobody here come up with ways to defend against them so early on (despite me asking). Game is impossibly rigged at this stage in favour of griefers.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-21 02:48:11)

#15 2018-06-21 06:13:00

pein

they are reasons to kill

dont be lazy
dont scavenge things you didnt made and give to noob babies who got no relation to you irl and didnt prove shit yet
dont keep 18 fertile females
dont insult killers  without knowing what happened
some of us make half of the city and some people didnt even ask, can we afford 10 more babies or does every adult has full clothing?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#16 2018-06-21 08:02:28

Acozi

breezeknight wrote:

not how it is now announced by Jason to be cured by others - this won't work either

people are being murdered because they are unable to do anything powerful about that
killers are powerful in OHOL, players not interested in killing are nothing but helpless PREY, that's how extinction works

- - -

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

Other people healing a wound is how a society can work together to continue the lineage. Not to mention it would create drama and storytelling options.

Killers do have power, but to an extent. They kill someone and they slow down. You have time to react. Get a weapon and kill them. Run. Hide. Hide weapons in your town. Have males be guards.

I was spawned into a town where females babies were guarded inside a house with weapons, they had rules out the ass. No men allowed inside.

Poorly run towns are meant to fail in this game. This includes not identifying a murderer and dealing with them. If they killed two women without them fleeing, maybe the town was doomed from the start.

#17 2018-06-21 14:33:54

Potjeh

Or we can just stop pretending this is a PvP game. Go play Rust or something if you don't like that. Account/IP bans for people who kill excessively.

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-06-21 14:34:44)

#18 2018-06-21 23:40:07

Rebel

breezeknight wrote:

- - -

You do know that if you have the ability to heal yourself so does the murderer, BUT it is unlikely that someone will heal the murderer but will heal victims. This basically fixes the problem, but if you can heal yourself then everyone becomes unkillable including the murder, not achieving anything. and what the fuck is the point in putting murder into the game if he is just gonna make it impossible to kill anyone. and as stats show, murder isn't such a big problem as everyone makes it out to be.

#19 2018-06-21 23:43:05

Rebel

Potjeh wrote:

Or we can just stop pretending this is a PvP game. Go play Rust or something if you don't like that. Account/IP bans for people who kill excessively.

it is a PvP game, the amount of people who Steal food to save themselves, or stash needed tools so only they can use them...
This game is all about player interaction and there will ALWAYS be bad interactions. even if you take combat out, you will still fight with some people of food or leadership.

Board footer