One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-13 10:28:26

Opedoll

The Log Thief

I can't help but to stress why would you steal my logs?!! I was born in the London family about 17 generations in. I was the cook there. However, the population was rather low so many people were focusing on other things like sheep and berries. Mainly those two things because without poop there will be no berries to tend. Well anyways, I decided to cook because there was a lot of uncook stew. I decided to look around the area and most of the trees were cut down! I had to travel long distances to gather the materials I needed to make the fire. Once I was able to make the fire, I've used the unused logs/firewood, and set them aside the fire. I've had to make these long trips to make the fire about 3 times and I was tired of it. However, this young generation dude came up and start hacking all my logs into BOARD!!!! I mean I won't complain if he needs them, but he did it to all of them! And the most silly thing is there were FUCKING BOARDS EVERYWHERE. He said it was needed to make boxes. SHIT I didn't see any of those boards made into boxes except lying EVERYWHERE! By this time, I am mad with rage and wanted to kill him. He wouldn't even save a couple of logs for the fire. I decided to hide all the log cutting tools, but I died of old age and was starving before I even started.

Here's my family tree.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=321196

#2 2018-06-13 10:48:04

Rose

Re: The Log Thief

Because you were chopping the logs and  puttig them into fire!!!!!

#3 2018-06-13 10:50:06

Rose

There was plaenty of roots around.  YOU should be stabbed...

#4 2018-06-13 10:56:14

Rose

We needed boxes carts and buckets  to upgrade shallow wells. The only deep well we had was dry.
Opedol - Learn a bit about the game..

#5 2018-06-13 10:59:25

Stankysteve

Firewood and stumps are for fires. Log are for boards. Sure logs burn in the fire, but they are a limited resource so burning them for fuel is a poor choice. Best bet is to grab a cart and load it with firewood. Stumps can also be dug up and chopped into kindling. Unlike branches, they have no other usage, so don't be afraid to burn stumps!

Rose wrote:

How about you try teaching the uninformed before threatening death first? Clearly there was a gap in his knowledge. People like you are ruining this game. Killing your problems because its easier then teaching them. Shame on you.

Edit: Triple post?  Just edit your posts!

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-13 11:01:13)

#6 2018-06-13 11:06:39

Rose

I tried to techt her. I dug also all the roots and they were just next too logs. I even show her than roots can be chopped...
She still prefered to burn logs.

#7 2018-06-13 11:08:38

Rose

I didnt kill her - SHE wanted kill me...

#8 2018-06-13 12:34:00

YAHG

How about killing them when they keep burning logs after you told them not to? Let em know you are serious.

Also I try to never edit my posts so what I say is more accountable with no back tracking.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-06-13 12:36:14

pein

burning logs is a waste, that city is missing branches now cause people chop the whole biome down
that kills cities

branches are renewable so dot cut green biome trees

cut pine, desert and swamp trees, dont be lazy, you make others extra trips for hours
also dont cut firewood into kindling if you can get branches, i do only if i got iron and hurry to make tools and making axe took all the kindling

anyone who sees logs, should make boards or wheels

btw rose edit post not write 3 after one another

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-06-13 12:45:43

Rose

Sorry..
I will learn how to edit as soon  as my  ,,teacher,,  returns form holiday.

#11 2018-06-13 13:43:08

sc0rp

Rose wrote:

Sorry..
I will learn how to edit as soon  as my  ,,teacher,,  returns form holiday.

You have edit button/link at bottom right corner of your posts.

#12 2018-06-13 14:00:55

Opedoll

Stankysteve wrote:

Firewood and stumps are for fires. Log are for boards. Sure logs burn in the fire, but they are a limited resource so burning them for fuel is a poor choice. Best bet is to grab a cart and load it with firewood. Stumps can also be dug up and chopped into kindling. Unlike branches, they have no other usage, so don't be afraid to burn stumps!

Rose wrote:

How about you try teaching the uninformed before threatening death first? Clearly there was a gap in his knowledge. People like you are ruining this game. Killing your problems because its easier then teaching them. Shame on you.

Edit: Triple post?  Just edit your posts!

Thank you good sir, I didn't know this properly since I've havent been playing for a while. So many updates from Jason that I haven't get to fully emerse myself into learning the things yet. I've been playing off and on since the decay update. So I am a bit rusty especially with all of thses new farming mechanics.

As to Rose, yes I wanted to kill you but that's because you didn't say much else other than to make boxes. You clearly didn't elaborate enough and I had to get your attention twice on why you need the logs! Please explain better than to run off and say something one time!! I'm not that stubborn when I find out the reason why! Also, I do not kill people no matter how much annoyance they are. The times that I do kill, is when theres an actual griefer or killer. This has always been true since the time people have debated "that everybody kills".

#13 2018-06-13 14:03:39

Opedoll

Rose wrote:

I tried to techt her. I dug also all the roots and they were just next too logs. I even show her than roots can be chopped...
She still prefered to burn logs.

I will testified you did not do this. I didnt even know you did this! Also, I didn't know roots can be burn. I've always wonder what they were used for.

Last edited by Opedoll (2018-06-13 14:06:41)

#14 2018-06-13 14:32:35

Rose

I did teach you!  You just said ,, there is no milkweed,, and keep burning logs.
I even brought some roots near fire.

When I play I dont waste time to write long sentences.
Usualy I say simple    y    no   dont     come    follow  pl   look   I show you. (more if I have time)
I MAKE things and SHOW  how to make  them.

Remember - you may starve while writting.
Remember - not everybody speak english.

#15 2018-06-13 19:33:32

Opedoll

Rose wrote:

I did teach you!  You just said ,, there is no milkweed,, and keep burning logs.

Usualy I say simple    y    no   dont     come    follow  pl   look   I show you. (more if I have time)

During that time I was trying to talk to you, "why you needed logs?" A little chat does not hurt. I asked and you didn't say anything then you walked around and I asked the same question and you finally said, "to make boxes". Then I said "theres boards everywhere and I don't see them being any used. Find milkweed first because I had to find the logs." It's  doesn't make any sense if you just showing me while I'm distressing that your turning my logs into boards. I took the time of my precious mins to find those to keep the fire going. If you would have said," that's not how. You should use roots and tree stumps." This game is all about teaching! Please vocalize! We might be in the same room, but we are individual and we do individual things! So speak if you want to show and teach, because I'm no wizard that can read people minds.

Last edited by Opedoll (2018-06-13 19:36:23)

#16 2018-06-13 20:10:55

Rose

Opedoll wrote:
Rose wrote:

During that time I was trying to talk to you, "why you needed logs?" A little chat does not hurt. I asked and you didn't say anything then you walked around and I asked the same question and you finally said, "to make boxes". Then I said "theres boards everywhere and I don't see them being any used. Find milkweed first because I had to find the logs." It's  doesn't make any sense if you just showing me while I'm distressing that your turning my logs into boards. I took the time of my precious mins to find those to keep the fire going. If you would have said," that's not how. You should use roots and tree stumps." This game is all about teaching! Please vocalize! We might be in the same room, but we are individual and we do individual things! So speak if you want to show and teach, because I'm no wizard that can read people minds.

1 Logs wasnt yours
2 I lerned haw to play looking what people are doing and teach other  the same  way
3 Remember - not everybody speak english
4 If you want little chat go to pub

Last edited by Rose (2018-06-13 20:21:43)

Board footer