One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-11 23:43:33

renzikins

To my relatives in the sheep pen

I just wanted to help.  When I asked what I did wrong, you said "whatever".  How am I supposed to learn from my mistakes if you just shut me down?

Sorry for messing up, I guess.

I'm so good at dying in this game, y'all

#2 2018-06-11 23:45:42

ZneoC

Re: To my relatives in the sheep pen

if you provide your link to your lineage, someone may be able to respond to you!

do you know your last name?

#3 2018-06-11 23:57:57

renzikins

ZneoC wrote:

if you provide your link to your lineage, someone may be able to respond to you!

ah!  No, I'm nameless and my mom's still living as I post this.

#4 2018-06-12 00:05:06

LHO

It's quite common for people to complain about noobs but never bother to teach them.

#5 2018-06-12 00:24:21

startafight

renzikins wrote:
ZneoC wrote:

ah!  No, I'm nameless and my mom's still living as I post this.

you can type in ur email n find ur life

#6 2018-06-12 00:39:35

Lotus

I think I know you. I was Harry, and the blonde woman kept insulting you until she pushed you too far and you shot her.

I don’t think you did anything wrong. You fed a lamb, you didn’t know what was wrong with that in our situation. I feel she was out of line as well.

Is this right?

#7 2018-06-12 00:41:10

Stankysteve

renzikins wrote:

I just wanted to help.  When I asked what I did wrong, you said "whatever".  How am I supposed to learn from my mistakes if you just shut me down?

Were you a little girl named lisa?

What happened very recently was, we had no compost in our old dying town. Everyone was eating berries, and we had few carrots around so getting the food to feed sheep (and regrow that food as well!) was getting very difficult.

-A sheep that has been sheared will regrow its wool when fed. Once it has wool it will make lamb babies, but they will die if not fed.

-A lamb that is fed will grow up big, pooping, which is needed for compost, which is needed for all crops. It also produces shearable wool when it grows to adult size. Therefore it is far more efficient to only feed lambs. Period.

-When you shear the only adult sheep while we are in a food crisis,  you are delaying how long it takes to get poop, therefore compost, therefore food crops, while also wasting more food to get that poop! You're slapping that society in the face*. My wife earlier was very tired and stabbed a little girl who did that on us. She wasn't the first one who did it either in our lifetimes. We were working really hard to get the sheep population and compost farm back up.

Just because you can do something does NOT mean you should! Watch closely first! Ask for tips or help. You might get ignored, but you wont be despised for jumping in and messing something up! There's often so much to do its hard for more experienced players to stop and explain every single step. That does not mean we don't try to! but when its food crisis famine time, I want to work, not talk! We talk when we have carts full of pies. Talking is a luxury in this game of pain in the ass communication. Just like carts of pies.

*If you have lots of poop but no compost, maybe you should be using those carrots and berries for compost instead. That could get some people upset. The more you play the more you will see how much resources are needed where, for things to go smoothly.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-12 02:17:10)

#8 2018-06-12 01:56:34

Lotus

I was a man named Harry. I think one of our sheep escaped. We had lots of soil but people were too lazy to get it. The blonde woman kept insulting the new shepherd until he got ahold of a bow.

#9 2018-06-12 02:20:01

Realcooldude

I would have tought you the ways first as i was doing them. Then you would have know. Sorry you had a bad mother.

Although i dont condone the killing if that is what happened.

#10 2018-06-12 04:29:01

renzikins

Lotus wrote:

I think I know you. I was Harry, and the blonde woman kept insulting you until she pushed you too far and you shot her.

I don’t think you did anything wrong. You fed a lamb, you didn’t know what was wrong with that in our situation. I feel she was out of line as well.

Is this right?

No, I wasn't shot, I was just yelled at.  But damn, that lady was incredibly out of line!

#11 2018-06-12 04:30:29

renzikins

Stankysteve wrote:
renzikins wrote:

Were you a little girl named lisa?

What happened very recently was, we had no compost in our old dying town. Everyone was eating berries, and we had few carrots around so getting the food to feed sheep (and regrow that food as well!) was getting very difficult.

-A sheep that has been sheared will regrow its wool when fed. Once it has wool it will make lamb babies, but they will die if not fed.

-A lamb that is fed will grow up big, pooping, which is needed for compost, which is needed for all crops. It also produces shearable wool when it grows to adult size. Therefore it is far more efficient to only feed lambs. Period.

-When you shear the only adult sheep while we are in a food crisis,  you are delaying how long it takes to get poop, therefore compost, therefore food crops, while also wasting more food to get that poop! You're slapping that society in the face*. My wife earlier was very tired and stabbed a little girl who did that on us. She wasn't the first one who did it either in our lifetimes. We were working really hard to get the sheep population and compost farm back up.

Just because you can do something does NOT mean you should! Watch closely first! Ask for tips or help. You might get ignored, but you wont be despised for jumping in and messing something up! There's often so much to do its hard for more experienced players to stop and explain every single step. That does not mean we don't try to! but when its food crisis famine time, I want to work, not talk! We talk when we have carts full of pies. Talking is a luxury in this game of pain in the ass communication. Just like carts of pies.

*If you have lots of poop but no compost, maybe you should be using those carrots and berries for compost instead. That could get some people upset. The more you play the more you will see how much resources are needed where, for things to go smoothly.

ah! thanks for the tips smile I really want to try working with sheep but I was never really taught what to do.

#12 2018-06-12 04:31:38

pein

my mom threw 2 broken tools into pen wall and turned to filled pit, all sheep escape that time
i had a topic about it, covered most of things

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer