One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-04 00:09:39

Stankysteve

Woah! I was wrong! A little town! Oh yeah...I forgot about...

-Born a male, in what appears a large camp.
-Upon exploration (mom did not give tour) it's actually got a network of cisterns and deepwells, with a couple buckets. Massive sheep pen and berry field. And a stone walled building with a locked door. A town in the making, but very messy.
-Name: Solo (Han Solo was the given name, and I lived up to it.)
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=242775
-Spend early years helping fix a very messy farm, making some compost, getting firewood.
-As I grow I try to direct children to tasks, bakers, potters, composters
-Someone yells there's a murderer. Drama happening near stone building.
-Murderer is locked inside but has pies. People seem sure he is locked in there.
-Reveals he has key, comes out, someone went for bow inside and got locked in (Nameless woman)
-Stabs someone, no one seems to find any other weapon besides whatever was inside building. Has backpack, says vulgar racist things and targets dark skinned characters.
-Eats pie and stabs people until he dies of old age, at least 5 victims.
-I follow him from safe distance as he's very close to 60. Manage to get knife from corpse, however I have no pack and am naked.
-Hide knife on outskirts of town and return, claiming knife is now hidden.
-Enter: Rey, wielding knife "You didn't do a good job" who then stabs my uncle, who just happens to look like the nameless murderer did in his younger days. I'm shocked.
-Return to hiding place, this knife is still there. Retrieve it, exclaiming "Yes I did". Stab her
-Realize the confusion of the situation: She thought she was killing the murderer. Explain to my mother that she wasn't a hero, and that a mistake had been made.
-Return knife to hiding place
-Some child took the nameless racist serial murderers backpack, and upon talking with Fiona locked in building, she says the murderer said he hid the key. A useless(?) key I had hid behind the building in the struggle was also gone. We can't find the door's right key.
-Meagerly bake before spotting little nameless girl with file at forge. Take it and run.
-More time passes, I see her with it again at forge and approach. "Making shears" she says. We have shears, she is lying. "I'm sorry I hid file!" I too am lying. I even help her get the forge prepared
-I watch from safe distance, get food, see suspicions confirmed. She finishes knife and stabs first person she can saying "Oh f*ck it"
-I retrieve knife, still hungry. I almost misclick someone when getting pie. I ask for directions. By the building.
-I approach, she runs. A man speaks up "she is fine! leave my sister alone". I fumble with knife and accidentally swap it with item on ground. Another person with knife approaches
-Enter: Han, Older cousin I'm named after at campfire, approaches with knife
-Nameless girl returns on screen and stabs Han "sorry I dont trust"
-I retrieve my knife and stab her. I am fifty years old.
-As I run out of town a strange man follows "yo gimme blood" - "wha?" - "gimme knife"
-I do not like this person, it sounds like they wished to murder. I cannot eat from the bushes nearby. I run and die behind a tree hoping it might obscure my corpse, but he was likely too close for that to have worked. I starve.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-04 03:10:02)

#2 2018-06-04 00:16:19

YAHG

Re: Woah! I was wrong! A little town! Oh yeah...I forgot about...

If you are near death and suspicious guy is begging for your blade, why not kill him?

Also nice to hear that cisterns are working well. I haven't run into any yet.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-06-04 00:20:07

Stankysteve

So I'll eat my words from the other threads. Via cistern and bucket systems, agriculture has improved, despite the increase in soil management difficulty. I was born into a proper growing small town and was impressed. Of course, when people get comfy, have lots of food, and don't have to work hard to survive, murder just becomes so much more likely. What's up with that? The amount of people the first nameless man killed successfully was shameful. Some were just unlucky babies at the campfire, but it was sad he was actually able to use temperature to get to ripe old age of 60, stabbing and eating pie all the way.

Rey, I'm sorry about killing you, probably? You seemed well intentioned and I was just living in Han Solo fashion and shooting first after witnessing you kill the man who looked like the man who killed half a dozen and died of old age. But it seems to me it would've been difficult to miss that he died of old age pretty close to the town's central. So I'm not 100% sure about you.

The third nameless child confused me a bit. I was watching two clothed people working very hard in the sheep pen. I was asking if they wanted the knife I confiscated but they did not respond at all. One did have a knife. I suspected I was in the presence of the architects of the town who were likely in voice chat together. While her brother may have just been roleplaying, that interaction, the sheep pen, and her saying, "I don't trust" and "oh well" make me question her motives...except she lied about shears and said "fuck it". Nevermind. Maybe she was a bad person AND in voice chat. What an awful entity to imagine dealing with.

But what do you know? I was a guard. One of the jobs on paper I hate the most. But I gave my life for a good cause, there's honor in that. I think there should be some sort of gagging or censorship in this game. That first guy was a foul mouthed bigot. And while I had fun, I'm sure many people did not. Please share your perspective and take-away if you were there.

YAHG wrote:

If you are near death and suspicious guy is begging for your blade, why not kill him?

Also nice to hear that cisterns are working well. I haven't run into any yet.

Perhaps I should have. My killing policy has been strictly one of defense and retaliation only. I hate taking the initiative. Was he innocent? I was too hungry, yet unsure, to drop the knife and find out. I would hate to have an innocent murder on my conscience, but truly the safest option would've been dying together. At the same time, I feel like even if I did either way, my story will be far from the last murder story to come out of that town.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-04 03:14:00)

#4 2018-06-04 00:25:12

TheRedBug

Omg i was there!
I was fenix

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#5 2018-06-04 00:51:34

Stankysteve

What's your take on it RedBug? Unique perspective? Anything to add? Oh, I see!

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1955 Fenix's perspective

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=242775 And I believe that is Fenix, Solo's nephew.
What's up with your murder death?
-The happy ending I see from reading your thread is that the key was found and the trapped player was freed! Good job! It doesn't sound like mass murder was happening after my death but I'm still watching the family tree to see.

#6 2018-06-04 01:34:17

tana

i was born twice in that city
first as 4th generation Adam Fowler (we still all had last names)
i was born when murder was happening
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=240610

Martin killed a bunch of people, but after a bit of running around, he was killed and all was fine

tended to berries, explored a bit.
was an unfinished room north of village where we put tools
kitchen was realy far south, next to some broken oven or kiln, surrounded by a ridiculous amount of raw pies. brought a bowl of water to get adobe back from broken oven, and took a pickaxe to destroy oven, use water to get adobe back and built new oven closer to pen and berry farm. We cook the pies.

someone filled one of the pen pit, sheep escape, with a girl we manage to quickly make new pit while keeping one or two sheep in, the rest 3 or 4 escape.

We have no shears, we decide to make one, made two blank blades, filed one but file breaks before the second.
It's ok we can make another file, i found a pluckered goose, skewer it and wait for the fire to go down. Unfortunatelly someone keeps fireing it up to keep babies warm. I say to let it die so we can cook it, try to move, but misclicked on the fire and burn the goose.

Ask if we have bow and arrow, we only have one bow, so i set out to find skewers and thread. My wandering bring me a bit far north and find an abandonned settlement with a saddled horse running around, unfortunately i can't take it since i need my hands, wander more west and find a body with a damaged cart and floppy baskets with a knife, two arrows and a few other items. I promptly get a goose and bring my spoils back to village.
I'm old now, i think there's still some murdering around, killers being killed but i die so i don't care.

A couple of lives later, i respawn in that village. My mom names me Negan
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=243098

i know the place, hasn't changed much, the oven is still where i placed it, there seem to be a bigger pen.
The tool room is now finished and has a locked door. Inside is a man, outside a woman with a key, there's talk he's a murderer and to let him starve inside, i go about my business tending berries when suddenly the guy is out  killing and the woman is locked inside. I try to warn females but he manages to kill two before dying of old age. Someone took his knife, but i got his red shirt, his straw hat and his backpack, all is well untill there's a bit of confusion and a woman kills another old man but is herself killed just after... Some are confuse and fear another spree, but i try to explain what happened.

The woman is still locked in the room, so i run around the village asking if there's a key somewhere (on second thought, when the killed left the room, i followed him a bit south, but i was so yougn i couldn't see him anymore and lost him, i think he hid the key there). Nobody can help, i don't know what happened to her.

I decide to go visit that extra settlement i had found in previous life. I take the horse and go back, gather a lot of bunnies that were lying around. Of course the lose horse is nowhere to be found. I bring back my spoils and make another trip. On the way back, i had strayed a bit and found a fence in the middle of nowhere, and, surprise, the missing horse is galloping around. I hitch my horse, and bring the escapee back to the village and go retrieve the other horse. the tool room is now opened, so i guess a key was found i hope the woman made it out on time.
Then i decide to make a fence in that settlement, so i gather to tools needed, go back and promptly build two fences (as we have two horses now)

Upon my return, i decide to share my find with a young woman named Han, we hopp onto the horses and i show her the way, but got a bit confused on the way and lost her for a minute. But she finds the settlement and all is well... That is untill she suddenly stops moving and dies there on the spot after a minute. Weird.

I take one of the horse back, and find annother girl, Miya, and show her the way by foot this time, and once there, tell her i'm old and to take the horse back home and to tell he daughters about this place in case another griefer comes.

I walk and still made it back to the village, Miya is there too but now too old to have kids, the village is a bit worried because we only have two little girls left. I'm about to die, i tell them to survive.

i'm about to say my goodbies, when suddenly an Eve appears and promptly gives birth to a girl. We all rejoice and welcome her, and I claim her as my wife, happy that i also have a baby girl. I give her my backpack and my clothes, and she rewards me by giving me another daughter. I only have seconds left, I tell them how much i love them and I finally die, wishing i had more time to tell them about the refuge settlement.
I hope Miya passed on the knowledge.

Last edited by tana (2018-06-04 01:35:59)

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#7 2018-06-04 01:43:36

Stankysteve

Thank you for dealing with the crowd control after that second murderer incident. I don't know if she was acting with honest intentions or not, but she made a fatal mistake and paid the fatal price. Even my own mother was shocked and asked accusing questions.

It's also relieving to hear from another perspective that the knife I confiscated, and died leaving near a sketchy man did not seem to go on to cause trouble. You and Fenix didn't mention the nameless girl who murdered after either. Maybe I was actually an effective town guard, what a haunting thought!

That's awesome about the Eve! And it still looks like our family is going too? Doesn't matter! You married her! Our family is still going! If I had known about the refuge camp, I might've just hid there during the drama. I'm not usually one who takes an active role in dealing with murder drama like I did this life.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!!!

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-04 01:46:50)

#8 2018-06-04 02:00:50

zennyrpg

I was the one locked in the room-- I was Nameless http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=242783

This was my second time in that town, and both times there were murders!  Maybe the same people.

I saw the nameless first guy murder someone then lock himself in the room.  When he came out i ran in, mostly because he said he had pie so he could wait us out and i just thought "haha imma gonna run in and take the pie, what then?!"  Going after the bows sounds much smarter though...

Anyway he locked me in, went on a murder spree and hid the key (which he came back and taunted me about).  But!  I had 2 uneaten pies.  I was worried because I was right around the age to stop having babies, so I would have been pissed had a child been born into this.  But no child was born and I got to eat pies and watch the commotion from my little box. Then!  Years later when I was down to 1 pie bite and getting maybe low fifties when my nephew found the key.  From looking at the family tree, I think it was Fenix?  He didn't just FIND it, he swore to find it and then returned after years of searching.  There was much rejoicing and hugs.

The people in that town are the nicest I've ever met and helpful too.  I only saw the murder because a very helpful cousin was teaching me to compost and I was trying to find the shovel. 

Takeaways?  If the murderer wasn't yelling racist crap it would have been good roleplay.  I don't condone murder, but if murder is part of the game then fine.  But, I've been witnessing too much murder lately though.  Its like nice towns are now painted red... maybe people are bored because they don't starve as a baby?  I've only been playing for a little while but I know last week before the update I never spawned into any town half as nice as what I'm seeing now.  I'd like to see some first aid item added, I know it would have been used to save lives. Maybe not the first one, but some of the later ones I think once people knew what was happening.

[Update, after catching up on thread]
Hi Tana!  I was Martin (the 4th gen killer)'s mother.  Seriously... too much murder!

I'm glad to hear the settlement survived big_smile

Last edited by zennyrpg (2018-06-04 02:46:32)

#9 2018-06-04 02:11:15

YAHG

I want to go to this cool town! Also I love that people are just doing justice instead of letting them kill us all smile

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#10 2018-06-04 02:38:48

aowen

Very cool. I'm glad things turned out well in the end.

I was Leila, his Nameless man's first victim. I noticed him acting strangely about that house early on, but I tried to be more useful by filling cisterns, cleaning up, ...

At some point, I noticed he was just collecting tools, non-lethal ones, so right when he opened up the door, I went inside. He got mad at me and shortly after killed me. We had a mini-crowd, and I told everyone he was hiding tools.

I felt strange afterwards, because I wasn't sure I was ever going to get any closure on how things ended. The lineage line obviously helps, but it doesn't tell a story. Maybe if the game had a spectate mode? where you could watch things after you're dead, at least for a little while.

Although it's probably against the spirit of the game. When you die, you die. You won't get closure in the afterlife.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=242504

#11 2018-06-04 04:21:01

pein

two times
first a murderer killed a lady who was eating berry bowls, i didnt mind, noob or griefer, then i killed after he killed like 4
was called arthur http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=243796

i fed a lot of sheep that life and made clothes, gave a knife to a guy with pack, daughter of a lady who went with a cart and a bow inside
promised to give key to sister but she killed someone so i killed her too, was fine for a while, but people fcked up a lot of time not hunting or feeding sheep and too many naked
a girl made keys and changed door key, A or J i think, i gave my pack to a little girl instead the lady who creepily followed me at old age
made a grave pens start, but need to fix with letters

next life i born back there a family took the room, playing favorites and was very rude to me when i was giving the other guy the knife and most of stuff they had, so i stabbed the lady, i think was the lock changer so deserved it, cause i was nice and she changed the door key, a noob girl asked to be killed, instead she stabbed me and she starved so key was locked and we all died inside
was stupid from me as i had pack for myself and i could of made a wheat or sapling farm

Last edited by pein (2018-06-04 04:22:09)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2018-06-04 17:50:10

sc0rp

Stankysteve wrote:

-Murderer is locked inside but has pies. People seem sure he is locked in there.
-Reveals he has key, comes out, someone went for bow inside and got locked in (Nameless woman)

It's slaughterhouse prepared by griefers. Seen two such towns/ruins, in one case I followed griefers prepping everything up for next "safari":
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 876#p15845

#13 2018-06-04 18:00:21

YAHG

If it makes you feel any better me and some other lady got locked into a lil room that had a fencedoor.. I guess
you can only take the horse off once it has a saddle or from above?

That little girl that watched us trap ourselves like idiots didn't even get anyone to come rescue us..

Probably the right play

#14 2018-06-05 11:11:26

Stankysteve

sc0rp wrote:
Stankysteve wrote:

It's slaughterhouse prepared by griefers. Seen two such towns/ruins, in one case I followed griefers prepping everything up for next "safari":
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 876#p15845

That's what murder man #1 basically did. Again, he had at least five victims, and died of old age eating pie and stabbing until the bitter end. In that building were pies, an extra weapon or two, and in this case he also hid a bunch of the town's tools in there as well. I imagined innocently at first was a storehouse, but putting a lock and key door on it does make it quite sketchy. Well thank's for pointing this out. It is now my mission to go Robin Hood on these people, and to start finding hidden keys and busting these shady sh*t shacks open to hand out the goodies within! Except for maybe the extra knives and whatnot...I'll try to put those aside.

This is why I hate people who only play in voice chat groups and carry knowledge throughout lifetimes of settlements, but do not share with the players who actually need help. They're creating a closed feedback loop that will end in toxicity, elitism, and a bleeding player base as too many people get frustrated and give up. Especially once this "PvP" (It's not PvP) gets factored in too.

Board footer