One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-04 13:20:53

IronBear

Became Elder for Spite

I knew it was a pointless game, but for some reason I got a lot of satisfaction out living too the end this time.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=247937

Basically my mom was a nice, but meh Eve.  When I saw that she had girl, I knew my time to leave had come.  Mom had to focus on the girl and I knew I was good (or at least smart enough to get out of the way of the daughters). 

I wish I could have said bye,  I always hate being so cold and rude in this game.  I am never so cold and rude in real life.  But this game is merciless and 15 seconds can make the difference between living and dying.  I knew I had to be quick and decisive to live.

Things did not look good.  I weened in the middle of swamp.  And when I ran east I ran into savanna.  Luckily I found a rock and boulder in patch of tundra and proceeded to chop down wild carrots without thought of the seeds.  Eventually I went back to swamp and made a basket.  It was hard going, but I stayed calm and gathered my wild carrots.

That is when I found the grave of my sis.  Looking at the family tree it looked like she sucided. Jumped from mom's arms while being named.  I felt sorry for mom.  She had been given too hard of start for someone so nice and inexperienced.  I would have liked to find mom's corpse or camp too, but the wild carrots were running low and I had not seen a trace of her.

From there i continued east.  That savanna was HUGE.  I did not make it out until my teens. 

Once I found a green, I carefully skirted the edge, making thread and leaving it by bushes so it would be easy to find.  Eventually I found that "Berry Heaven" that saves all nomads.  That let's them stop and build something instead of running from bush to bush. 

I spent my life making fur clothes and eating on rabbits.  I ended life in a full set of clothes (even shoes and coat!), a basket and backpack full of cooked rabbit, and my belly full.  My stuff is probably rotting, but I hope someone finds it.  It was fun to go fighting to the end and proving I could do it.

#2 2018-06-04 13:32:27

Rebel

Re: Became Elder for Spite

Ah man nice story, shame you didn't find your mum.

Hate and love situations like this, being born a guy and then just before reaching eating age a girl is born and I am left in the ditches. it's nice when you survive and find your family a few years later, the reactions are priceless XD.

I feel like the new crops early game survival is fairly easy with a nice green. it gets harder once family get bigger and lazier.

#3 2018-06-04 14:12:07

pein

my mom made a noobcamp, i went scouting to find better place, i found desert right next to it and a pond, actually i was pretty close, when i placed the kiln on top of desert just 1 screen away

she focused too much on rabbits, not on bowls or tools, kiln

i was teenager when i went back to check upon, found her body, wasnt too old, barely passed 40 by that time , took her tools, to my surprise i found a sister, coming to cmap from far away, invited over, helped me setup camp
a son of her complimented on location, was perfect, we had a noob who i fed to kid age, so when son who planted corn complained about him wasting corn, i took him with me and dropped far away, to kill him, i died too but i felt responsible feeding a griefer

Last edited by pein (2018-06-04 14:13:43)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-06-04 14:29:12

IronBear

Rebel wrote:

Ah man nice story, shame you didn't find your mum.

Hate and love situations like this, being born a guy and then just before reaching eating age a girl is born and I am left in the ditches. it's nice when you survive and find your family a few years later, the reactions are priceless XD.

I feel like the new crops early game survival is fairly easy with a nice green. it gets harder once family get bigger and lazier.

I don't mind being ditched at that age.  I will get out of the way of a girl at that age.  You are usually only a minute away from independence.  That is when you find perfect temp or some food to camp, finger on the mouse ready to go like a horse at the gate.

#5 2018-06-04 17:21:53

Intangir

i did that once too, mom tried to name me 'not wanted' but it named me something similar instead

all i wandered off to find carrots and make baskets, when i returned everyone had died

i finished the carrot garden they had made, made a kiln, hunted rabbits and lived to 60, my last words were 'unwanted but i outlived you all'

lol

Board footer