One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 03:01:58

gbear14275

Rate of Starvation is rediculous

So... been playing for a few versions here but I swear the rate of starvation keeps increasing... dial it back just a little.... like 10% or something... or fix the temp extremes...  the whole world isn't a freezer...  I can hardly do anything as an eve but abandon babies until I get the basics going then hope I get a girl in my last years...

I had to complain because it's getting a bit ridiculous... or maybe spawn eves with some clothes so they don't die so fast...  ARGH!

I only feed baby's who know the forum password "Q"...

#2 2018-05-31 03:23:38

Lily

Re: Rate of Starvation is rediculous

I made the suggestion before that Eves should be born a bit younger, so they could have a few minutes to set something up before having children and it got the most likes of any suggestion ever, but was totally ignored. Seriously it had like 60 up votes on the Reddit suggestion area, nothing gets that many.

I agree though, it is especially annoying to have children before the game even finishes loading. Giving us a little more time seems fair, since it doesn't actually give you any advantages, you still have to work to survive, you are just not stuck with a child to feed instantly.

Spawning an Eve with rags clothing(which will decay in half an hour), also seems pretty reasonable. Why not do something like that? I wouldn't say that is unfair and doesn't really help a lot. It just takes the edge off a little.

#3 2018-05-31 03:56:09

gbear14275

yeah a full set of rags would likely do wonders... unless the spawns are in the desert haha.... something really needs to be done about clothes and the desert.

I only feed baby's who know the forum password "Q"...

#4 2018-05-31 04:36:43

YAHG

Lily wrote:

I made the suggestion before that Eves should be born a bit younger, so they could have a few minutes to set something up before having children and it got the most likes of any suggestion ever, but was totally ignored. Seriously it had like 60 up votes on the Reddit suggestion area, nothing gets that many.

I agree though, it is especially annoying to have children before the game even finishes loading. Giving us a little more time seems fair, since it doesn't actually give you any advantages, you still have to work to survive, you are just not stuck with a child to feed instantly.

Spawning an Eve with rags clothing(which will decay in half an hour), also seems pretty reasonable. Why not do something like that? I wouldn't say that is unfair and doesn't really help a lot. It just takes the edge off a little.

Give us a moment to get our bearings..  I have not yet loaded the map and I hear the wail of the baby...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-05-31 04:51:02

sc0rp

YAHG wrote:

Give us a moment to get our bearings..  I have not yet loaded the map and I hear the wail of the baby...

Isn't that a bug though?  Game preloads lots of stuff when you launch it, and then, after you are born, you still don't see anything for like 5-10 seconds.  Happens only on first run - later everything is already in cache.

#6 2018-05-31 04:55:05

Lily

It isn't really a bug, just a technical detail that it is slow to load the first time. You actually appear in game instantly, so your standing there doing nothing for 5-10 seconds while it loads.

#7 2018-05-31 06:47:25

pein

yeah high tier clothes should give relative bonus toward center rather than heating you up

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer