One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-26 08:42:25

pein

Rose Seto gen 5

Born into small vilalge betwene few ponds and some desert tiles, while game loaded i was already lost. I went south, granny fed me pie, lady too, even if she could still feed. Was 1 box to die.
then found the carrot farm and aunt fed me, then mom named me finally
bunch of nakeds, like 7-8 woman, 1 boy
we had furs but not a single milkweed
famine was close so i grabbed a full basket and went looking for milkweed
none in  the small biome
so i went far, trough badlands, deserts, kinda like 100 tile diagonal up
found a green biome and milkweed then i seen like 8 cactus, 5 more, 5 more
and 10 ponds next to desert

went back with thread, i could make pack, hat, loin cloth
took a pouch, needle, sharp stone, forged a bit, took the axe, in basket and went back to make new camp, was diagonal all way up
took the axe later

had a son told him make basket, was no reed too close so left him north, he made later some soil and a carrot tile
had daughter too, showed old city and we took baskets and went back, she died sadly
my first daughter was before, i just took back her asked if wanna come but she didnt, died at 4
erica was useful with tools but died at 16
had to abandon a son as i was set up to oen continuous run with daughter
my fifth daughter died wanting to go back to city, kinda stupid

i think i had one more daughter alive, hopefully, she made snare, hope she didnt die, im pretty sure i seen a brown girl with big hair so cant be dead at 16, i made bowls, plates, noozle and baskets, two kilns in perfect spots further from farm, small farm

my last act was dropping clothes, ran back to old city, i seen only one woman with his newborn son, i died without telling them to go northeast, they still didnt advanced a bit, they had some tools, but very bad spot, if i born back sometime i just run to my camp, cant convince people to make new city even if old one sux and you make progress

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=135256

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-05-26 10:27:09

Feldspar

Re: Rose Seto gen 5

Hi Rose, Its Grandma Seto.

Now youngin, I was going to post my own story but since your post here we might as well make this a Seto thread.... So lets all sit down and listen to the tale of how the Seto's are lucky to survive at all.

When I was a baby a rattle snake came to the farm and killed every small child but me-I barely got away by the skin of my teeth! Aunty Nameless told me that whatever happens I must survive and I took her words with me to my dying breath. I spent my childhood frantically trying to tend the failing family carrot farm- there wasn't much to it but with food running low I knew it was our families only chance at survival. At this point it was only my older brother and a male cousin left so I knew it was up to me to continue on the Seto name.

One day when waiting for our first big carrot harvest to arrive I looked up from my field to see my brother... and a HUNGRY GRIZZLY BEAR. Once again I bearly (haha) avoided death- using my superior reflexes to leap out of the way of the beasts jaws. But my trial was not over yet- for my carrots were ready to harvest AND THAT DARN BEAR WAS ON MY FARM. Once again relying on my death defying gymnastics I leaped and dodged the grizzly bear, plucking my carrots right from beneath his claws. I think my dear brother tried to lure him away, but the bastard bear would not leave my farm and slew my poor brother right before my eyes! To make matters worse as i was dodging the grizzly, who should arrive into this world, but my first child- YOUR MOTHER HELOISE (or Help as I liked to call her). Poor little Help was born right beneath the dreaded bear and it was only dumb luck that the bear did not eat her. I ran with her in my arms and finally the bear followed me far away from our family farm.

At last I was able to return home to the carrots- now the only people left were me, cousin Azlan and baby Help. When Help was old enough to tend the farm I left in search of milkweed and rabbits- but didn't get far before my second daughter Danger was born. Then began my long period of child rearing- Luck, Survive and Pie were all born in short order so I could not leave the family farm at all. I contented myself to bake pies, sew bags and yell MORE SOIL at the youngins. I was happy that after so much death, even with food supplies running low, I managed to keep every child I birthed and even helped raise some of my daughters.

And this is the point where I must scold you for your lip young girl- when I first saw you my menopause years were upon me and I could not feed you! I considered leaving you as we had soo many mouths to feed and not enough work getting done. But I could not stand to see one of my own suffer; even if you did seem a rude child yelling FU to the world. I worried that you would be a griefer- nevertheless I am glad you survived to a ripe old age!

Grateful to be free of child rearing for a time, I took it upon myself to collect the rabbits we so desperately needed by then. But who should be waiting for me to the south? None other than MR BEAR himself! Once again I avoided his deadly jaws and escaped into the wilderness. By the time I made it back home I was starving and too old to once again make the journey south to collect rabbits. I spent my winter years back at the carrot farm, once again yelling for soil and wondering what muppet planted milkweed in the carrot patch rather than create a separate plot!

When it was close to my time, the rattle snake I had seen as a baby came for me again- but after a lifetime of near death experiences I avoided it without a problem. I died of old age, defiant of the world that had tried to kill me at every step of the way. My last words were "Long Live Seto Clan!

And indeed againstall odds, the clan lived for many more generations.

just here putting off doing my assignments

#3 2018-05-26 11:57:25

pein

After a loot of abandons (mom ran and 4 females holding bow or arrow dont feed me, i deserve 3 hour ban?) and eve spawns, eve kid spawns i respawned to city, my city

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=136338

ariel was reaching old age so my city survived

i born gen 11 as Scot Seto

mom was old already i had six bars and a sister saved me, as i typed o l d ol d old
was 1 hp bar, only once was closer to death later, but bushes were full

anyway north city is getting nicer but they focused the wrong things, me as baby took a basket and run to old city, everyone dead
someone finished the pen from before, i tought later maybe split family

it was a lot of fur left, and a pack, i took it and was kinda the only one with pack as north has no close rabbtis
i found a seal skin too, i gave to my sister and i found her the needles, weirdly they had only one and no rabbits still

then i brought some more fur and tools, which wasnt necessary as city had tools, my kilns were still standing, thats how i recognized the city

my first son dead by wolf, sister was brown new character like me, had a husband of some kind
we both had second son together, but she killed him later

my girl was telling me she is new so didnt brought back to old city, she starved at 23, which is hard with 30 cactus, and she saw that earlier

then i had Philippa, still alive time of the post. i was in old city and tought if there is a pen i get sheep, bushes were full, no berry or milkweed planted, so it can only be revived with sheep
but i still needed rope for the lamb o went far south, then east, found a small green biome and made my rope and a thread which later turned into pack for daughter. i told her i give her a city. but asked if wanna see other, said yes so shoved around in Northwest, then asked if want to go back, she agreed,, then i seen sis who saved me, running with bow yelling "i need to kill someone". she had good heart saving me, but killed my son, nothing is free, i only cared about the plan, fed and named my alst kid and told to get a nanny, he still disturbed me and my daughter grew too big so she had to follow me back to old city
later i took a wheelbarrow, some girl yelling get more soil. well im making sheep to other town they didnt really made much progress making a pen, took back the tools, Philippa was busy watering crops, i got a sheep, showed her that we got Dolly.
Seen a few of her kids running around but they died soon, even if we had plenty of food and full berry bushes in wilderness.
Fed one more sheep, made two composts, then gave my pack to grandkid who seemed to know how to forge, seen a granddaughter in my sweet girls arms, she made the hundred tile road twice with me, hope told about it to kids

i used resources wisely, no one knew the passage between towns straight SE-NW diagonal, trough 5-6 biomes

if anyone reads it, find the other city and split always
also more bushes, milkweed needs to be planted.

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-05-26 12:12:07

SaeKato

I, too, was one of the Seto clan.
I was the daughter of your sister, Alice Seto. She was a generous and loving mum who lived and died in honor. She fed me and my brother William and raised us to be the best we could be. I made a sheep pen for her and wanted our tribe to thrive. I gave birth to a lot of girls, but eventually everyone of them died.
When William and I were the last ones to live in our city, he took a bow and arrow and freed me from my suffering.

Also I hated that there were no milkweeds around and I started a little farm of it in the east of town - sadly now there is noone to harvest it.

#5 2018-05-26 16:26:08

Angel Carrillo

Geo Seto, Generation 13, Died Of Old Age
So, I was also part of the Seto clan. What was weird was that we also had some life troubles. For example, when my mom birthed the two Hopes', one of the Hopes' was only giving birth to boys and not girls. She said we needed a girl. Right after a girl was born *somehow* ! Then, we found out that we needed hoes, so I had to sacrifice the steel adze blade to make one. Now, I forgot to put in the start! I was born as Geo Seto, to my mom Philippa Seto. I then realised I had a older brother, who would also survive to die of old age. But, then I saw a similar man named Ed Seto, my biggest brother! Already it isn't roses and rainbows because when I died, I found out in the family tree that Ed was gored by a bear on one of his errands (could have been the same bear Frida Seto encountered, probbally wasn't, but who am I to say?) at age 32. Now, the rest is kind of vauge, but I do remember making my camp's first axe. Later on in life, when my first side of my hair was balding but my hair still black, a man named David Seto came, the brown haired poofy beard guy, who discovered the abandoned camp of the older Seto's, said there was the camp at the northeast. He wanted to go, but before he got ready he became old, and go on further without likely starving, so he stayed at the camp for the rest of his old age (David Seto was my second cousin.) I took of his clothing, and buried him and my younger nephews who starved. Then time passed, we helped out (I explicitly remember making shears for out camp, I hope the other generations used them before we died out at Generation 20), and got old. My brother went first, dying of old age peacefully helping out someone on campus I think, and I was next to become old. When I did, I couldn't work anymore. And so I peacefully lived out the last 5 years I had making some wool clothing, and then I couldn't work anymore, passed on my last job as a clothesman to a young boy in campus, and died by accident on THE FARMLAND, which I ironically told my mother not to do, and she died on a empty tile. But what can you do when you're focusing on dying peacefully of old age and passing on your trade? How did it go out for the future relatives and my brothers Ed and Sruthi?
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=136929

Last edited by Angel Carrillo (2018-05-26 16:28:33)

#6 2018-05-26 22:13:09

pein

yes philippa was my daughter and pretty good skilled, we didnt had axe as i was taking it to new town, and no one made new

i founded  new town in northeast, was one carrot needed  to reach it, if you went from oven, straight diagonal, you reached the cactuses on half hunger bar.

i got the sheep on old town. new town died out sooner pretty sure

#7 2018-05-26 23:54:37

Feldspar

Angel Carrillo wrote:

Geo Seto, Generation 13, Died Of Old Age
So, I was also part of the Seto clan. What was weird was that we also had some life troubles. For example, when my mom birthed the two Hopes', one of the Hopes' was only giving birth to boys and not girls. She said we needed a girl. Right after a girl was born *somehow* ! Then, we found out that we needed hoes, so I had to sacrifice the steel adze blade to make one. Now, I forgot to put in the start! I was born as Geo Seto, to my mom Philippa Seto. I then realised I had a older brother, who would also survive to die of old age. But, then I saw a similar man named Ed Seto, my biggest brother! Already it isn't roses and rainbows because when I died, I found out in the family tree that Ed was gored by a bear on one of his errands (could have been the same bear Frida Seto encountered, probbally wasn't, but who am I to say?) at age 32. Now, the rest is kind of vauge, but I do remember making my camp's first axe. Later on in life, when my first side of my hair was balding but my hair still black, a man named David Seto came, the brown haired poofy beard guy, who discovered the abandoned camp of the older Seto's, said there was the camp at the northeast. He wanted to go, but before he got ready he became old, and go on further without likely starving, so he stayed at the camp for the rest of his old age (David Seto was my second cousin.) I took of his clothing, and buried him and my younger nephews who starved. Then time passed, we helped out (I explicitly remember making shears for out camp, I hope the other generations used them before we died out at Generation 20), and got old. My brother went first, dying of old age peacefully helping out someone on campus I think, and I was next to become old. When I did, I couldn't work anymore. And so I peacefully lived out the last 5 years I had making some wool clothing, and then I couldn't work anymore, passed on my last job as a clothesman to a young boy in campus, and died by accident on THE FARMLAND, which I ironically told my mother not to do, and she died on a empty tile. But what can you do when you're focusing on dying peacefully of old age and passing on your trade? How did it go out for the future relatives and my brothers Ed and Sruthi?
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=136929

Probably was the same bear I encountered as Frida that killed Ed- I actually ran into it a few times in my life because it was roaming around the savannah and grasslands where everyone was trying to harvest resources. If we haven't been so short of milkweed (damn milkweed nerf!) I would have asked people to help me make some bows and hunt it down. The wild animals were really out to get us haha.

Still I'm pretty stoked we got to 20 generations-it was by all means not an easy starting environment and it seems most of the Setos struggled and died young. I spent most of the game frantically trying to keep the family from starving as we never seemed to quite have enough resources. Good thing cousin Azlan got the bakery set up so early as the rabbit pies really kept us going while I was there.

just here putting off doing my assignments

#8 2018-05-27 12:14:49

Angel Carrillo

Yep, feel bad for Ed if that was the same bear you encountered Feldspar as Frida.
This is what happened to Ed probbally in a nutshell.
Please let this be a normal errand?
With that bear? No way!
AWWWWWW
*CRUISIN' ON THAT MAIN STREET, YOU'RE RELAXED AND FEELING GOOD*
*dies from a bear*
This is also evidence that I actually never saw his death in game. Feel sad he didn't stay longer.
And we still had nothing more but ONE MILKWEED STUMP when I died!

Last edited by Angel Carrillo (2018-05-27 12:18:10)

#9 2018-05-30 02:55:10

pein

We made it to 20 gen because I founded north East village to decrease population, then next run I went back and made the pen in old city. Pretty good strategy if you think about it. Also more fun having small family.

#10 2018-05-30 11:34:24

Angel Carrillo

It was fun having to start from rags (not nothing, but mostly old stuff the old but still populated Seto camp had) to going to better stuff. Not riches, but better stuff definitely. I am absolutely amazed at how the Seto's survived. Also, Ed and Sruthi haven't responded yet, why? I'm dying to hear their side of the story!

Board footer