One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-25 19:15:12

Aurora Aurora

The story of Nick

I was born as a little boy to a clueless mother. She just ran around our village not saying a word and not doing anything. I had to beg for a name and she named me Nick. She grew gray but she was clueless that she couldnt feed me so my uncle had to feed me for the last year of my babyhood. As soon as I was old enough I was told to farm. And so I did. I farmed alongside a boy about two years older than me named Martin. I took a liking to this Martin and I asked him to marry me. (Then he recognized me but thats not a part of this story). He said yes and we lived happily together for a few years. One day an unnamed man stumbled into the town. He was shot in the chest and told us that another man named Colum had shot him and that we needed to get rid of him no matter what.
Just after this shot man took his last breath the before mentioned Colum walked past me. And just by chance the shot man had a knife that I in a swift move took up and shoved into Colums chest.
I was known as a local hero even though I hadnt really done much. But people trusted me and I was happy with that. My husband Martin started acting rather odd after this incident, he was convinced that he was a sheep and went to live in the sheep pen. He got mad at me for being asked to kill a sheep and never spoke to me again.
At about the same time a little girl named Bow told her mom to kill me because I stabbed Colum. I tried my best to defend myself but it was quite hard while having my husband yelling at me. But thankfully her mother explained the situation and little Bow really seemed to like me from then on.
I lived the single life for a while, trying my best to protect the village and solve the various problems they'd come to be about. I became an unofficial leader of sorts.
The little bow (That wasnt so little anymore) randomly stared at me and asked me to marry her. I was very puzzled by this but I had gotten quite lonely so I accepted. As soon as I accepted she took me by the hand and lead me to a little stone house.
"This is our house" she said. "It needs a few chests and furniture but it works" This was very odd but very sweet. I could tell that she had planned our life together. She gave me a small key and then she walked away to do something else. She was a lovely wife, she would often visit me in the farm just to talk to me.
One day I decided to visit her for a change. She was in the baking station and I saw that she had a little baby. She named her Madison. Then she walked away. She left the little girl all alone. I waited for her to return but she didnt so I took it upon myself to raise my daughter myself. She was a lovely little thing and I loved her dearly. She grew up fast and soon she was off farming.
I tried to find my lovely wife to ask her why she left little Maddie but all I found was another little girl, all alone. I scooped her up to try to look for her mother but I quickly understood that she was my daughter and that Bow had left yet another one. The little girl didnt have a name so I will call her Clara for convenience sake. I raised Clara in the woods, feeding her berries while I ate pie. I joked around with her a bit and soon she was a toddler. I hugged her goodbye and then she was on her way.
I went back to the vilage and I saw Bow. I told her about her daughtes and she seemed really suprised that she even had any. I guess she mustve been very busy.
She took me to the little house she had locked up for us and told me to go inside. I was skeptical but I trusted her so I went inside. I saw her trying to lock the door so I dashed out of there.
She held her youngest and told me to go inside with her so we would be safe. She also told me that it was the best chice for our family to survive. Without giving me a chance to respond she stabbed me in the chest. I immediately ran into town to tell everyone what happened and to get a last glance at my daughters before I bled out.

I dont know what happened after I died but I saw that bow got murdered by a woman named Sam who got murdered by a woman named Princess.

This was an odd life for sure and I hope this story makes any sense at all.

Family Tree;

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=128722

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-05-25 19:22:25)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-05-25 19:44:44

Pronghorn

Re: The story of Nick

Nick this is Martin.

Let me set the record straight.

Seeing bloody murder at the tender age of 8 may have put a little frown on my face but I refuse to say it made me "odd"...

You're wrong. Being a sheep was the best years of my life. They were like family. More family then you ever were. You think
saving the town from a murderer gives you the right to kill a sheep....in broad daylight?!

Of course I threw you out of our pen and I never wanted to see you again.

I'm glad you were shown the error of your ways by Bow. You accused me of cheating just because I told that little Stalin boy on
the farm that he had a good "baaaaa" call.

I had enough of that life. And you. Soon being a sheep in a pen wasn't even good enough. I wanted to be free. A wild sheep. A mouflon!
I ran off into the woods to live my dream as the true mouflon my mom said I can be.

If I wasn't bitten by that stupid snake I could have led a full and happy mouflon-y life.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=128571
-

Edit: sigh... I owe you this much. I'll admit, I also tried to convince Bow when she was a child that you weren't a killer. If it means anything.

Last edited by Pronghorn (2018-05-25 19:58:20)

Please be kind.

#3 2018-05-25 20:23:02

Aname

I was michael the son of sam. sam was my mom she said that the girl named bow was a killer we agreed to ambush her.

then i wanted to go in the locked door bcuz there was pie on the other side. someone opened the door and then closed it. i was locked with 2 murderers. the names where bow and madison they both had knives and attacked me. i tried to run in the small door screaming for help. but bow eventually stabbed me. my mother sam saw that i got stabbed and said they where pussies for killing me in that small room.

Bow and madison the murderers who locked me up and killed me where killed by my mom. i think she did it bcuz they killed me. too bad that she got killed by some bitch.

love u mom im sorry that i was too greedy for that pie and died bcuz of it.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#4 2018-05-25 20:35:07

Aurora Aurora

Aname wrote:

I was michael the son of sam. sam was my mom she said that the girl named bow was a killer we agreed to ambush her.

then i wanted to go in the locked door bcuz there was pie on the other side. someone opened the door and then closed it. i was locked with 2 murderers. the names where bow and madison they both had knives and attacked me. i tried to run in the small door screaming for help. but bow eventually stabbed me. my mother sam saw that i got stabbed and said they where pussies for killing me in that small room.

Bow and madison the murderers who locked me up and killed me where killed by my mom. i think she did it bcuz they killed me. too bad that she got killed by some bitch.

Madison wouldnt do that... I raised her better than that! But then again, she was part Bow...

#5 2018-05-25 20:43:06

Aname

Aurora Aurora wrote:
Aname wrote:

Madison wouldnt do that... I raised her better than that! But then again, she was part Bow...

well madison didnt had any confirmed kills but still she was part of the murder bcuz she locked the door. and she grabbed her knife and chased me in that little room!

#6 2018-05-25 20:45:07

Aname

Pronghorn wrote:

Nick this is Martin.

Let me set the record straight.

Seeing bloody murder at the tender age of 8 may have put a little frown on my face but I refuse to say it made me "odd"...

You're wrong. Being a sheep was the best years of my life. They were like family. More family then you ever were. You think
saving the town from a murderer gives you the right to kill a sheep....in broad daylight?!

Of course I threw you out of our pen and I never wanted to see you again.

I'm glad you were shown the error of your ways by Bow. You accused me of cheating just because I told that little Stalin boy on
the farm that he had a good "baaaaa" call.

I had enough of that life. And you. Soon being a sheep in a pen wasn't even good enough. I wanted to be free. A wild sheep. A mouflon!
I ran off into the woods to live my dream as the true mouflon my mom said I can be.

If I wasn't bitten by that stupid snake I could have led a full and happy mouflon-y life.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=128571
-

Edit: sigh... I owe you this much. I'll admit, I also tried to convince Bow when she was a child that you weren't a killer. If it means anything.

Btw i was one time a sheep killer in that village but that was before u there was a sheep plague. i had to kill every sheep who was free.
youre stupid sheep friend where just annoying and they deserved to die!

#7 2018-05-25 20:46:46

sc0rp

Nick, true story bro - I was your sister Sally.  Why didn't you propose to me instead?  We would've marry each other and live happily ever after.

And Martin, my son - as I said - I fully support you beeing a sheep.  Remember that it was me, who gave you your first sheep fur.

It is sad to hear what Bow did.  But there were signs that she wasn't a good person.  She've stollen furs, needle and thread I've brought all the way back from the far away woods to make backpack for my granddaughter.  It was really hard to bring all this stuff, while tugging my newborn daughter Ann all the way back to the town (it was worth it though - she lived later happily 59 years, so that journey strenghtened her).

The thing that I cannot forgive myself is that I could prevented what Bow did to you.  I could have killed her for stealing (I had second knife from guy killed by Colum). But I decided, at that point, that it would be too harsh punishment for just stealing.  Only if I knew what would happen later... Now I'm wiser and I'll dispatch this kind of people sooner.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=128703

#8 2018-05-25 21:13:18

throwaway

Made an account just to reply to this thread.

I was Sam. After nick died Madison took his knife and went after bow, who had locked herself in the small room. Bow manipulated Madison to not kill her and to work with her. They acted like nothing ever happened and lived normally till my sweet little son Michael went to the small room. That's when they ambushed him. I took my bow that I had hid behind one of the pillars and tried to get into the room, but it was too late. They had locked themselves in with my poor dying son in it. I called them a bunch of pussies and then Madison accidentally opened the door. I went in and she somehow managed to lock herself out of the room, leaving bow defenseless. I killed bow and took her knife. Bow wasn't very happy about this and flamed Madison for letting me in.

Even thought Madison didn't kill anyone and she didn't try to kill me after I killed her own mother, I still decided to kill her just to avenge my son. I waited for her to be all alone then ambushed her. She tried to convince the town that I was a killer but they didn't fully believe her.

Then I saw a boy named Gayatri that was holding a bow. I tried to stay away from him but then he started to follow me around and told me me to stop. I didn't stop since I do not trust anyone in this game, especially if they are holding a weapon. He gave up after I lost him and killed some random villager instead. I heard the scream and went there and killed the boy. Unfortunately, my daughter princess thought I was the killer and decided to stab me before I even got a chance to explain myself. I told her that I killed the killer and she boldly said "Oh" and left me die.

#9 2018-05-25 21:47:52

Aname

well i accidentally unleashed hell to that place now.

i found a key to open the armory. in seconds there where many deaths and killers on the loose just got stabbed out of nowhere.

sorry town i didnt wanted to unleash hell to that place but who tf got 5 knives and 3 bows and 3 arrows in one room like just hide them!

#10 2018-05-25 23:24:07

Smetig

I have a part in this story to tell also. I was the "random guy" who stumbled in and died in the beginning of Nicks story I was born to a mother of negligence. She refused to feed me because I was a boy , and she never named me or my older sister. (We are the two namless grownups in gen 3).  My sister and my dear grandma Eve Elis, ended up taking care of me. (they were wonderful and I love them both). My mum Yunis spent all her time together with her lover, Colum and they were very busy all my childhood with building a temple. No time was spent on me. When they one day finished building the temple, Colum called my name and told me to enter. I was happy for the attention, but when I entered the room, my mother closed the door and Colum told me to stand on the sheep  fur in the middle of the room. I did. I then asked if they were going to sacrifice me, because i got a bad feeling. Colum then took out a Knife. I ran out and warned everyone that my mother and Colum plotted to kill me and sacrifice me to the temple god.

No one believed me, and life went on. I stayed away from Colum and my mother. Then one day I Stumbled across 4 knives in a bunch of baskets. I hid one behind a tree and put the rest in my backpack. My goal in life was now to make a chest with a lock to keep the knifes safe. I made a lock and key set and when I was about to build the chest. Colum popped up behind me and stabbed me. I ran to town, Nick was there and I told everyone Colum was the killer. I told the people to take my knife and put in the chest, thus my last words became ( Make chest in temple).  This is where Nicks story continues.

Even though I tried my best to keep the town safe, the lock I did was apparently placed on the door to the little hut, the knives were not locked up but handed out to everyone and together they cost many victims life. Im sorry if failed my mission!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=128402

Last edited by Smetig (2018-05-25 23:25:54)

If your name is Erika, Sebastian or Lukas, Im your mum

#11 2018-05-26 00:06:27

Pronghorn

sc0rp wrote:

And Martin, my son - as I said - I fully support you beeing a sheep.  Remember that it was me, who gave you your first sheep fur.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=128703

Mom!

It's all because of you. You believed in me. I knew I could be anything with your support.

Love you mom!

~Martin the sheep

Please be kind.

#12 2018-05-26 01:02:30

Superfun2
Banned

I was bow so....

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#13 2018-05-26 01:04:30

Superfun2
Banned

I stabbed you because I though you where going to open the door and let the peasants eat the pies I stored for our family

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#14 2018-05-26 05:19:29

Aurora Aurora

Superfun2 wrote:

I was bow so....

You were a horrible person.

#15 2018-05-26 17:13:16

YAHG

Meh without Bow there is no story. Go team Bow!

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#16 2018-05-27 04:29:29

IronBear

This is why I don't trust players who make knives and bows.  In my experience you don't need them, and inevitablly the lead to oppression and murder.

#17 2018-05-27 05:34:02

YAHG

IronBear wrote:

This is why I don't trust players who make knives and bows.  In my experience you don't need them, and inevitablly the lead to oppression and murder.

I usually find the point when a village makes its first knife determines its fate.

You get the people who freak out over the knife and try to grab the file/blade/etc. or get a bow and kill the knife
maker. This usually leads to retaliation killings ESPECIALLY when the first killing isn't witnessed by the potential
vigilante.

When a village can pass into multiple weapons they seem to enter a more stable state. Jason probably doesn't
have that level of detail data but it would be an interesting study...

Perhaps % cause of death as a stacked bar graph with a line over it showing the total crafted of various weapons
overtime. Would have to give it more thought, it is important to know what data you need before you start to
collect it after all..

It would be VERY interesting to see the differing curves of player responses as the context state changed,
non-personal identifiers would allow you to track changes in patterns of response to the same situation. Does
'generous' flow into 'tit for tat' or 'greedy' and if so in what percentages?

I think you would find a strong correlation of village collapse or even line collapse with knife crafting.

It is good to remember that knives are the ONLY way to kill tamed sheep.

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/595-Dead-Sheep

As well as a few other things:

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/56 … ed-Mouflon

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/765-Snake-Skin

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/58 … ered-Sheep

I probably missed a few. Some people react badly and I mean badly in a game-play sense to the presence of weapons.

I wonder how it correlates to those who want to ban guns after media promoted shootings? My guess is highly so..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#18 2018-05-27 10:51:50

pein

i think i been there, saw a room clsoed, then i found the key, stashed some stuff

then i seen a girl killing a guy
so later i stabbed her but somehow the other girl killed me, tried to die behind the stone, but then i thought too easy, i try to ran for a tree but i died in middle, my killer got my key, wasnt planning to kill, but that man seemed innocent, so i thought i revenge him

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#19 2018-05-27 14:04:01

Pronghorn

Btw I was just role playing.
I don't agree with Bow killing Aurora.
I tried to stop her when she was a kid. She kept trying to pick up a weapon. Eventually said she believed me that Nick was innocent so I left it alone.
Poor Martin was so bent on being a sheep he let her pull the wool over his eyes tongue

Please be kind.

#20 2018-05-27 14:19:21

Aurora Aurora

Pronghorn wrote:

Poor Martin was so bent on being a sheep he let her pull the wool over his eyes tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944

Board footer