One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-16 03:36:20

tumbitiger

Tamed horse running

Is it possible to tie your tamed horse to anything other than a fence? Very frustrating when you are trying to forage long distance and the bugger keeps running off... Surely you should be able to latch it to a nearby tree at least?

#2 2018-05-16 03:39:46

Azrael

Re: Tamed horse running

NOPE JASON ROHRER EVERYBODY!!!!

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#3 2018-05-16 04:22:55

NyanRose

I miss being able to swap with an item on the floor sad I mean in real life when a horse is trained it doesn't just fuck off when you get off, and can come when called.

#4 2018-05-16 04:29:22

Lily

I was really excited when horses first came out, but honestly I never even use them because it is so annoying.

#5 2018-05-16 04:41:52

YAHG

It is stupid annoying to deal with when you want to use baskets in your cart.
So much so I don't even bother and only get 4 items a trip even if they small.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#6 2018-05-16 04:58:00

tumbitiger

Only work around would be to place a fence in the middle of a foraging area like a savanna or swamp. Apart from that, they're just an unnecessary nuisance at this stage...

#7 2018-05-16 06:16:39

pein

if you lag they move out when you click so maybe they get blocked and you can calculate lag into it, but when you are geared in a desert, you die pretty easy.

you can build a fence with adze shovel two straight branches on cart, stakes and stone in backpack
horse wont go too far from place you lost it, actually goes around in circles, but then you can also go with a hand cart and same things and  next time with a horse
i do like in cities when i got one fence in pen, one next to oven, carry all the mutton meat, drop it, get firewood, etc. makes it so fast. people dont make enough fences to sttrategic zones.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-05-16 07:00:41

BlueRock

I just wanted to eat a sammy

#9 2018-05-16 10:16:55

breezeknight

yeah, waiting too for that to happen

vote here https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _to_trees/

@tumbitiger

tumbitiger wrote:

Only work around would be to place a fence in the middle of a foraging area like a savanna or swamp. Apart from that, they're just an unnecessary nuisance at this stage...

couldn't agree more

but maybe i should extent my helping gameplay to fence placement in all sorts of areas surrounding a town
though it will be quite cumbersome since a fence kit cannot be placed in a cart, not even a Long Straight Shaft lol
but i could at least carry always the basic things in a cart,
hm, does an Adze go into a backpack ? i suppose also not

i should make another suggestion, about more realistic extended placement of things in a cart

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-16 10:25:51)

#10 2018-05-16 12:05:40

Roolstar

breezeknight wrote:

yeah, waiting too for that to happen

vote here https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _to_trees/

@tumbitiger

tumbitiger wrote:

couldn't agree more

but maybe i should extent my helping gameplay to fence placement in all sorts of areas surrounding a town
though it will be quite cumbersome since a fence kit cannot be placed in a cart, not even a Long Straight Shaft lol
but i could at least carry always the basic things in a cart,
hm, does an Adze go into a backpack ? i suppose also not

i should make another suggestion, about more realistic extended placement of things in a cart

- - -

A Cart can hold 2 straight branches, 1 azde, and a 1 shovel.
BP can hold round stone and stakes (and a pie)

That's your fence making kit right there.

You can either make a cart trip to fence location,
or take some risk and go by horse if you are a fast fence maker catching the horse every 1 or 2 steps of fence making and not forgetting to eat (wouldn't recommend this unless you're a really experienced player tho)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#11 2018-05-16 13:13:59

breezeknight

Roolstar wrote:

A Cart can hold 2 straight branches, 1 azde, and a 1 shovel.
BP can hold round stone and stakes (and a pie)

That's your fence making kit right there.

You can either make a cart trip to fence location,
or take some risk and go by horse if you are a fast fence maker catching the horse every 1 or 2 steps of fence making and not forgetting to eat (wouldn't recommend this unless you're a really experienced player tho)

yeah, the backpack
the first thing i usually do in a town is a backpack for me
so it's not common to have a backpack
hunting rabbits is probably preceived as one of the most tedious works straight after farming carrots
add to that the usual lack of needles & milkweed thread & the backpack scarcity becomes real

a cart can hold 4 places, not only 4 things
means it can hold up to 4 baskets & one basket can hold 3 things
so even if i don't have a backpack i can still pack a basket into the cart
even if there are no baskets i can make one along the way with only one simple sharp stone & the branches carry from nearby instead to transport them with the cart over a long distance

i will check out the fence making
sounds interesting

#12 2018-05-16 14:20:12

OxPower

JasinROrear wrote:

I just wanted to eat a sammy

Jason - circa 2019

Last edited by OxPower (2018-05-16 14:20:41)

#13 2018-05-16 15:59:27

jord1990

I think the intended use for horses was to move inbetween/trade with other settlements, who would have a fence kit already placed for you. I don't think they were ever meant to be used for gathering resources.

Board footer