One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-07 09:08:10

Aurora Aurora

I am very dissappointed in what this game has become

Enough said. I wont be returning to the main server anytime soon.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-05-07 09:09:24

breezeknight

Re: I am very dissappointed in what this game has become

can you elaborate ?

what are the things you are disappointed with ?

#3 2018-05-07 09:15:28

Aurora Aurora

breezeknight wrote:

can you elaborate ?

what are the things you are disappointed with ?

Bots, racism, nazi propaganda, greifing, the new gameplay, just everything

#4 2018-05-07 11:39:08

Redhawk

I stopped playing for a week or two, being busy and waiting for updates to be applied.

The level of challenge seems higher, especially as an Eve.  But overall it is more fun, at least for me.

The one constant annoyance I have is the griefing, I especially don't like the senseless murder.
I played 4 lives this weekend, 2 ending in old age.  and murder happened in each village I was in (except the last one).

That and several "family" stories on the forum had tales of murder.

It's all too common.   

Jason appears to be still trying to tackle the issue with karma or something.

It will take a little more time for him to work out the issues.  But given the scope of the game, the limited team etc. it seems reasonable.  After all, the game isn't a topic that has been done over and over, the whole flow of crafting, survival, the encouragement of player driven interaction instead of  pre-boxed "character" models and then mixing them together as overall interactions/mechanics is pretty complex.

As for some of the strong personalities in the forum (Nazi or not) I guess ignoring it is a solution, although difficult at times.  Heh, I deal with selfish dick heads all day and have to keep my composure - so it gets trying here at times, an ignore feature would help.

#5 2018-05-07 20:18:38

Pronghorn

Aurora Aurora wrote:

I wont be returning to the main server anytime soon.

That's sad. I really like reading your stories. I think you play in such a neat way. You seem like an
interesting person and it shows in your gameplay. It would be cool to be your baby or mother one day.

-----I came back and edited this post. I removed a story about a negative experience I had in the game. Rather
keep my post more on the positive side I think. These four sentences have replace that story.-----

I don't blame you for taking a break. It can be a downer. Griefers, murderers... We can ignore it best we can or stop playing.

I also think Jason must be working to improve this part of game play. I believe he would. He cares about his game.
He might not eliminate everything we are talking about here but with the help of suggestions maybe something will
be done help us out sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Pronghorn (2018-05-07 22:27:38)

Please be kind.

#6 2018-05-07 21:36:55

Roolstar

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Enough said. I wont be returning to the main server anytime soon.

Sad to see you go Aurora.

Haven't played on main server for more than a week now myself.

No one replies to your hi anymore, people fight over backpacks, children have 4 pies in backpack...

Not surprised tho, not even disappointed really, In a game mimicking real life, why would it be any different?
In fact with anonymity and infinite lives, I expected it to be worse really.

Now I am more interested in checking on this community from time to time, reading about their stories and experiences. The first page used to be filled with amusing and happy posts, now it's more about sadness and struggles.

Jason is learning first hand how impossible God's work is (God = creator in myths)

I even posted something about that recently, comparing his Apocalypse attempt to a worse version of The great flood, and his Karma idea to a worse version of Heaven and Hell. lol

I'll add something here that I didn't mention there tho. One of the first things He discovered was that humans with abundance and riches get bored and reek havoc all around His world. So he created decay. This is an analogy to kicking Adam and Eve from heaven and telling them they would need to work a lot harder now.

I take those mythological stories as wisdom collected through the ages, telling the stories of failed Gods who attempted to create a perfect and fair world to no avail. Tales of Gods filled with anger caused by failure after the next.

Jason will learn that someday as well. And in the meantime we have to live in the dark ages of reason and enlightenment.

Hope to read more of your stories again.

In the meantime cherish the people around you irl that earned your trust and contributed to your development and happiness. And thank them for not being griefers smile

PS: This is not a rant, in fact I'm writing this with a smile of amusement on my face, and I hope you read it with one as well

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-05-07 21:39:11)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#7 2018-05-08 16:24:07

Roolstar

in case you are subscribed to this thread OP

I'd like you to have a look at a post I made titled: A look at Jason's performance as a God so far
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 842#p12842

I feel like I would enjoy your input on this, from a story teller to another smile

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#8 2018-05-08 16:29:10

pein

balancing issues, thiefs, decaying backpacks
with 60 minutes of play and 3 hour reborn, making a pack can be like 20 min of your life if you run around eating and going back to snare, fixing stuff, eating, eating, then eating, yet you cant play without as people take every single thing you put down

ofc killers not punished anyhow, no defence still. makes it easier to join them, kinda forces you, kill noobs, take their stuff or live as their servant for a life.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-05-08 19:19:20

Aurora Aurora

Pronghorn wrote:
Aurora Aurora wrote:

I wont be returning to the main server anytime soon.

That's sad. I really like reading your stories. I think you play in such a neat way. You seem like an
interesting person and it shows in your gameplay. It would be cool to be your baby or mother one day.

-----I came back and edited this post. I removed a story about a negative experience I had in the game. Rather
keep my post more on the positive side I think. These four sentences have replace that story.-----

I don't blame you for taking a break. It can be a downer. Griefers, murderers... We can ignore it best we can or stop playing.

I also think Jason must be working to improve this part of game play. I believe he would. He cares about his game.
He might not eliminate everything we are talking about here but with the help of suggestions maybe something will
be done help us out sooner rather than later.

Well I'm still a daily player on the 2HOL server, It's just the main servers I cant stand. But who knows, maybe I'll return one day when it's all better

#10 2018-05-08 22:41:23

austin_beale
Banned

I'm so sick of everyone complaining about the updates

#11 2018-05-08 22:43:53

YAHG

austin_beale wrote:

I'm so sick of everyone complaining about the updates

In my head it just goes "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" with these kind of posts..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#12 2018-05-09 07:11:02

breezeknight

pein wrote:

balancing issues, thiefs, decaying backpacks
with 60 minutes of play and 3 hour reborn, making a pack can be like 20 min of your life if you run around eating and going back to snare, fixing stuff, eating, eating, then eating, yet you cant play without as people take every single thing you put down

ofc killers not punished anyhow, no defence still. makes it easier to join them, kinda forces you, kill noobs, take their stuff or live as their servant for a life.

yep

i refrain for now to a simple life as a solitary man, just taking my time to enjoy the view in the wild while i am hunting for reeds to make baskets, or for rabbits
the only challenge i face for now are mostly snakes

Board footer