One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-25 17:08:49

Haxwell Mouse

All menu graphics flipped on Linux compile [v368]

This issue should be automatically reproduced for every user attempting to compile Linux v368.  When compiling and launching OneLifeApp for the first time, it loaded to the menu with a flipped mouse and text surrounded by blank bracket boxes.  Nothing noteworthy in log or stdout.

I inspected the .tga files in /graphics of v368 and found that most were vertically flipped.  Simply downloading the v217 Linux binary and replacing the v368 /graphics with the v217 /graphics fixed it for me.

Last edited by Haxwell Mouse (2022-06-25 17:09:30)

#2 2022-06-29 00:59:46

Marquis

Re: All menu graphics flipped on Linux compile [v368]

I spent so long setting up Ubuntu to duel boot on my Mac trying to get the editor to work. Then, exactly what you said happened; everything was flipped. I could click through and spawn into the tutorial, but things where flipped there, too.

I figured I screwed up a command or a library update broke it. But your fix worked a charm! Thanks for posting.

#3 2022-07-22 00:13:33

pein

Re: All menu graphics flipped on Linux compile [v368]

there are cloud gaming services that work on mac. boosteroid for example, but the servers are in europe. ohol can be installed but it's a bit tricky. you got to go to the menu of the steam from the cloud pc, which only happens with games that allow that, like pro evolution soccer (free demo anyway) and then find ohol on your steam list, install, log in and play. the bad part is that your settings won't be saved, and you got to install it each time you play and can't be more than 10 minutes inactive. you can do a macro to move your mouse before each 10 min but if you just play a few hours that's entirely fine. it installs it within a few seconds. have been playing INL like that, my pc only has intel hd video card and the unity for INL is a bit more demanding than ohol, so I can only run it on medium and close range but can run it on max settings in cloud. usually I got like 20-30 gb extra space in cloud and the install is super quick. I guess if ohol would be on their list then it would be simpler.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer