One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-13 23:48:01

fish-from-hell

Etiquette

Whats the etiquette for joining a family? Do I just farm or do I try and make new things/expand further down the tech tree?

#2 2022-06-14 10:17:19

pein

Re: Etiquette

not much really, as a baby stay in the fire, don't waste their time and food bar, the colder you are the more you eat, so walking around it's not too efficient for them. also get used to lower food bars, the chimes are annoying but you won't die by only eating each minute once. better players know the timings but panicking and running after them might get you starved.

better players usually tell what is needed or what is their plan. usually it's ropes or boards or more pottery or storage always welcome. generally I give a small task to kids, or tell them what is the most important, but they might not know how to do it. also bad players give bad instructions so listening to them is also bad.

in exchange for raising you it's nice to do one small boring task, like adding soil and watering plants, making compost, killing wild animals and collecting rounds stones, rabbits. but the majority of vets don't expect you to do much, try to not fight over resources and respect others privacy/properties, and have fun.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2022-06-14 13:55:15

Arcurus

As long as you dont eat all the berries or steal their tools have fun! As starter farming and baking is the easiest way to start.

if its not 'your' birth family does not matter except if there are noobs. Since currently in OHOL there is same benefit from being born or coming from outside to the family.

Last edited by Arcurus (2022-06-14 13:58:39)

#4 2022-06-15 23:17:12

fish-from-hell

Thank you, I shall apply this new knowledge next time I play smile

Board footer