One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-05-17 06:22:43

pein

Re: A challenge for you guys

one time I tested, was griefing the town over and over, making Newcomen bases to block things, converting oven to kiln or destroying it, hiding tools, like bellows or axe, fire tools, burning food, filling stuff with seeds, wheels, repeating over and over with some variety. I usually didn't grief towns, especially good ones, maybe some shitty camps where someone pissed me off, but like just a few troll things, not completely destroying it. it just was a test that what would piss off others that much to get killed.

well turns out that most of the new and medium new people didn't care. they were annoyed but they just assumed that I'm new and I don't know any better. I was naked the whole time.

what eventually got me killed was the one time I named one baby some medium troll name, not even something rude. so they don't care until you mess up their dumb rp. a bunch of people are fine doing nothing for hours but don't dare to say anything negative to them.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#27 2022-05-17 08:02:43

Eve Troll

Naming was always goofy. I miss when everything was roman numeral bound. No matter how many times you named someone it would just stack roman numerals on top. The funny thing was, it would carry across multiple bloodlines. Eves could be named the same thing multiple times with roman numeral stacks as well. Goofy shit. People used to get so pissed as me because i would always name myself eve troll and name my kids "epic". Got over 100 numeral stacks with that name.

Shortly after jason removed the roman numeral system...

Been bored ever since. I miss naming other eves before they could name themselves.

This was also back when you would get eve runs 1/5 lives. No matter what your gene score was, not sure it was even a thing back then. The good ol days.

Last edited by Eve Troll (2022-05-17 08:07:51)

#28 2022-05-17 08:44:50

Wood

pein wrote:

one time I tested, was griefing the town over and over, making Newcomen bases to block things, converting oven to kiln or destroying it, hiding tools, like bellows or axe, fire tools, burning food, filling stuff with seeds, wheels, repeating over and over with some variety. I usually didn't grief towns, especially good ones, maybe some shitty camps where someone pissed me off, but like just a few troll things, not completely destroying it. it just was a test that what would piss off others that much to get killed.

well turns out that most of the new and medium new people didn't care. they were annoyed but they just assumed that I'm new and I don't know any better. I was naked the whole time.

what eventually got me killed was the one time I named one baby some medium troll name, not even something rude. so they don't care until you mess up their dumb rp. a bunch of people are fine doing nothing for hours but don't dare to say anything negative to them.

Was it Fartun?

I always try name at least one kid that. Naming other peoples babies is a pretty big trigger for some people.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

#29 2022-05-17 08:53:34

Wood

Eve Troll wrote:

Naming was always goofy. I miss when everything was roman numeral bound. No matter how many times you named someone it would just stack roman numerals on top. The funny thing was, it would carry across multiple bloodlines. Eves could be named the same thing multiple times with roman numeral stacks as well. Goofy shit. People used to get so pissed as me because i would always name myself eve troll and name my kids "epic". Got over 100 numeral stacks with that name.

Shortly after jason removed the roman numeral system...

Been bored ever since. I miss naming other eves before they could name themselves.

This was also back when you would get eve runs 1/5 lives. No matter what your gene score was, not sure it was even a thing back then. The good ol days.

I remember the rift days when you could be Eve in some city and people would just kill you. Even when you did nothing, just cause if they let you live then an ethnic cleansing would inevitably happen.

Last edited by Wood (2022-05-17 08:54:22)

#30 2022-05-17 14:29:11

Laggy

I'm not banned wood!

BTW I found your leadboard, I'll be watching for you!

#31 2022-05-18 03:58:39

Wood

Laggy wrote:

I'm not banned wood!

BTW I found your leadboard, I'll be watching for you!

You where banned but I'm glad you're back. Hope you learned your lesson and try to be a bit nicer this time.

Last edited by Wood (2022-05-18 03:59:10)

#32 2022-05-18 14:05:05

Laggy

Maybe you could be smarter? Less of a child? Don't think so.

#33 2022-05-19 02:00:40

Wood

Laggy wrote:

Maybe you could be smarter? Less of a child? Don't think so.

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder man. I've said some things in the past that I regret but you on the other hand just won't stop. So chill the fuck out.

Last edited by Wood (2022-05-19 02:00:57)

#34 2022-05-19 02:10:51

ApeLogic

pein wrote:

I don't agree. Your test are not really sound. The things you tested, people might not catch. If players are busy doing work for the family, they might not catch when their stuff gets moved around. Or, who is building things to screw everyone else over. They might notice and get annoyed, but may not have necessarily identified the culprit. They know a troll or someone new may be around.

Naming the baby something troll is direct evidence of your intentions. At that point you were identified as a griefer. That was the result.

As for the some of the "why is everyone so mean to me? What did I do to them?" Well.. a lot. The game is not easy. A family can die off by the silliest things. So, some of those things claimed as "mistakes" can be quite detrimental. Specially to those who have participated multiple generations to the progress of a family. The mistake may be even more costly depending on what other scarcity the family is dealing with at the moment.

What I've noticed is, a lot of new players darting all over the place just trying to figure it all out on their own. Anyone telling them to stop, and trying to teach them is viewed as someone trying to ruin their fun. Then they lash out, without giving others time to explain. When they get cursed, or worst they think they're the victim. All without noticing the harm they've caused. That's when new players unwittingly become the griefer.

Last edited by ApeLogic (2022-05-19 02:12:11)

H₁L₁
Fast and furiously "live my life [60 minutes] at a time."

#35 2022-05-19 17:18:59

Eve Troll

Naming a baby something troll has nothing to do with your intentions or how you play.

Keep your prejudices to yourself and dont slander my people.

Last edited by Eve Troll (2022-05-19 20:12:44)

#36 2022-05-19 19:32:54

pein

ApeLogic wrote:
pein wrote:

I don't agree. Your test are not really sound. The things you tested, people might not catch. If players are busy doing work for the family, they might not catch when their stuff gets moved around. Or, who is building things to screw everyone else over. They might notice and get annoyed, but may not have necessarily identified the culprit. They know a troll or someone new may be around.

Naming the baby something troll is direct evidence of your intentions. At that point you were identified as a griefer. That was the result.

As for the some of the "why is everyone so mean to me? What did I do to them?" Well.. a lot. The game is not easy. A family can die off by the silliest things. So, some of those things claimed as "mistakes" can be quite detrimental. Specially to those who have participated multiple generations to the progress of a family. The mistake may be even more costly depending on what other scarcity the family is dealing with at the moment.

What I've noticed is, a lot of new players darting all over the place just trying to figure it all out on their own. Anyone telling them to stop, and trying to teach them is viewed as someone trying to ruin their fun. Then they lash out, without giving others time to explain. When they get cursed, or worst they think they're the victim. All without noticing the harm they've caused. That's when new players unwittingly become the griefer.

I would. that's why I killed people who were intentionally ruining things. But slowly the community turned into gen z idiots who got offended by anything and everything and in all the wrong categories. For all the things Jason was going against the majority he choose the killing to be removed for a magical bullshit system where noobs are your leaders who can't even understand some basics. The meme score is not a guarantee they would able to be an Eve and make a working city, and the requirements are way too random for it.

Like people do not care about the location and advancement just to have their clothes and can fuck around. If you would be wearing clothes, they would accuse you of random bullshit just because they are envious, even if you made all the clothes yourself.

The name doesn't affect anything, it's certainly not something that ruins a city. Might ruin an rp baby life, they might die early if they get a troll name, but it's certainly not something anyone should curse for. And a bunch of people curse for this dumb reasons, meanwhile their contribution toward the town is negative.

There are people who overdo things, and ruin a bunch of stuff without asking, it's like they not bad, they fast enough to survive and produce things, they just don't have a sense of what is needed and how much. In YAH I met one of those, and I was pissed. So I just said 'why didn't you do the tutorial dumbass', as at least they got a tutorial. The ohol tutorial is dead. Like 80% of people can't Eve, can't help an Eve and do all the wrong things in all levels of camps. Like double fire, filling plates with eggs and making graveyards. You can't even ask them to get branches for tool making. And before you could do the important things, they got grandiose plans they will never finish. And a bunch of people side with the griefer just because they are their ingame mom/grandma/sister or whatever.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#37 2022-05-20 11:29:15

Laggy

pein wrote:
ApeLogic wrote:
pein wrote:

I would. that's why I killed people who were intentionally ruining things. But slowly the community turned into gen z idiots who got offended by anything and everything and in all the wrong categories. For all the things Jason was going against the majority he choose the killing to be removed for a magical bullshit system where noobs are your leaders who can't even understand some basics. The meme score is not a guarantee they would able to be an Eve and make a working city, and the requirements are way too random for it.

Like people do not care about the location and advancement just to have their clothes and can fuck around. If you would be wearing clothes, they would accuse you of random bullshit just because they are envious, even if you made all the clothes yourself.

The name doesn't affect anything, it's certainly not something that ruins a city. Might ruin an rp baby life, they might die early if they get a troll name, but it's certainly not something anyone should curse for. And a bunch of people curse for this dumb reasons, meanwhile their contribution toward the town is negative.

There are people who overdo things, and ruin a bunch of stuff without asking, it's like they not bad, they fast enough to survive and produce things, they just don't have a sense of what is needed and how much. In YAH I met one of those, and I was pissed. So I just said 'why didn't you do the tutorial dumbass', as at least they got a tutorial. The ohol tutorial is dead. Like 80% of people can't Eve, can't help an Eve and do all the wrong things in all levels of camps. Like double fire, filling plates with eggs and making graveyards. You can't even ask them to get branches for tool making. And before you could do the important things, they got grandiose plans they will never finish. And a bunch of people side with the griefer just because they are their ingame mom/grandma/sister or whatever.

This is the problem is OHOL, once you figure everything out, their is nothing to do. So vets naturally leave, such is the cycle of a dead game.

#38 2022-06-27 20:33:31

Haxwell Mouse

You're only worth what you can provide so jeopardize resources or get in the way and you're just another wolf to be shot, it's not personal.  People seem very patient and forgiving if you're family rather than wolf.

A modern farmer IRL will still shoot you on the spot and have the law on his side if you're killing livestock.

#39 2022-06-30 08:01:04

Wood

Haxwell Mouse wrote:

You're only worth what you can provide so jeopardize resources or get in the way and you're just another wolf to be shot, it's not personal.  People seem very patient and forgiving if you're family rather than wolf.

A modern farmer IRL will still shoot you on the spot and have the law on his side if you're killing livestock.

In this game, I think using the term "law" is a little bit extra. It's not too difficult to avoid being killed, It's fun when people like you draw the line between productive and not. But is spending half your life trying to kill me anymore productive. I think people wanna kill me partially because hunting me is also fun for them, not because they necessarily care about some 2d objects.

Technically nothing in the game matters, You don't actually own anything so nothing can really be lost. Even if a town dies out, you can be born into another one. The only thing that matters is weather our experience was memorable.

Last edited by Wood (2022-06-30 08:14:59)

#40 2022-06-30 13:17:26

Marquis

Wood wrote:

I think people wanna kill me partially because hunting me is also fun for them, not because they necessarily care about some 2d objects.

I do not find it fun. I’d much rather be building on the foundation of the town. Making it trivial to do the simpler things, and easier to do the harder things. And even possible to do the leisurable things.

The only reason I chase you down is to stop you from undoing the progress we’ve made. It doesn’t help to go get two more rabbits if I think they’ll get burnt again. I’m wasting my time if I let you keep doing that. We could be building up the town and making it easier for the next generation.

Board footer