One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-29 21:31:55

FulmenTheFinn

Someone going around in Phex posing as other people

Just putting it out there that there's someone who's managed to copy the exact nicknames of existing players in the Hetuw mod's in-game chat and is pretending to be them. So far I've seen him copy the names of the following Phex tags:

-simple
-Chuck_Berry
-EveWhisler (me)

unknown.png

I can't speak for simple or Chuck, but I for one can always verify myself over Discord: FulmenTheFinn#8866, so feel free to ask the person using my name to add them on that account if they're acting funny; chances are they're not me.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#2 2021-03-29 21:42:38

wondible

Re: Someone going around in Phex posing as other people

They are not exact; It's usually l (ell) vs I (capital eye) substitution. I guessed they were indistinguishable in the game font, which the screenshot seems to prove.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#3 2021-03-29 21:58:20

FulmenTheFinn

wondible wrote:

They are not exact; It's usually l (ell) vs I (capital eye) substitution. I guessed they were indistinguishable in the game font, which the screenshot seems to prove.

Right, that's it. I didn't actually catch him posing as Chuck_Berry myself, only simple (a name with which the letter trick works), and it turns out it wasn't an exact copy of Chuck's name.

Anyway the guy is in Donkey Town, his curse name is Drama Tank. Maybe you have a griefer list you could check for that name.

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#4 2021-03-29 22:21:41

wondible

FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Anyway the guy is in Donkey Town, his curse name is Drama Tank. Maybe you have a griefer list you could check for that name.

Seen in DT, yeeted a truck, played with nosaj.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#5 2021-03-29 23:08:10

Kilian

To be fair, PHEX's font allows to see a difference between the lower case "L" and the upper case "I". The "I" is bigger than the "L".
Because I know that trick, noticing that wasn't as difficult. But otherwise, yes, it might be difficult to spot the slight difference in the length of the vertical line in the two letters.

#6 2021-03-30 00:39:26

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

phex was a mistake

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2021-03-30 06:18:13

Gremlynn

Why are you posting this here?

What is jason supposed to do about this?

Whine where it counts.

#8 2021-03-30 06:41:01

DestinyCall

Where would that be?

#9 2021-03-30 06:47:43

FulmenTheFinn

Lol, someone sent me this picture of the chat last night:

z2r2jcR.png

#10 2021-03-30 07:14:09

Gremlynn

Idk maybe on the mod's github page or maybe dm them instead of whining on here where they most likely dont pay attention given the wall of bs that these forums are.

#11 2021-03-30 07:50:23

FulmenTheFinn

Gremlynn wrote:

Idk maybe on the mod's github page or maybe dm them instead of whining on here where they most likely dont pay attention given the wall of bs that these forums are.

I know your young brain is still developing and sometimes fails to understand plain English, but the purpose of this thread is to let people know there's an individual (you, perhaps?) posing as other players in this community.

#12 2021-03-30 08:59:20

Gremlynn

Nope not me, havent played in a long time. Glad to know the community is just as willing to jump to conclusions, belittle and speak down to people as ever.

Seriously what do you expect from this thread? Make a big fuss until someone notices? Just contact the mod's dev directly and I'm sure they'll be willing to hear you out.

Making all the names lower case could easily solve this issue. Or perhaps a serif font. Not hard to politely suggest that to the developer to fix this issue instead of complaining about it in a place they won't likely see it.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-03-30 09:06:15)

#13 2021-03-30 09:47:29

FulmenTheFinn

Gremlynn wrote:

Nope not me, havent played in a long time. Glad to know the community is just as willing to jump to conclusions, belittle and speak down to people as ever.

So you just happened to create an account today and immediately, by sheer chance, proceeded to post in this thread with the quality content you've blessed us with so far. Boy, I hope you never pursue a career in sales, sonny, because you're going to have to come up with bullshit a lot better than that.

Gremlynn wrote:

Seriously what do you expect from this thread? Make a big fuss until someone notices? Just contact the mod's dev directly and I'm sure they'll be willing to hear you out.

The purpose of this thread remains what I've already told you. As for contacting the "proper people", that's been done and I was just told the troll has been banned off Phex. On that account anyway.

Gremlynn wrote:

instead of complaining about it in a place they won't likely see it.

Reading comprehension sure can be difficult for some people.

Btw just as a general update to the matter, I'm being told by a regular community member that curse name "Drama Tank" has at least two other accounts: curse names "Quest Wheat" and "Fire Skin". Don't know if true, but still something to watch out for I think.

#14 2021-03-30 10:23:51

Spoonwood

FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Btw just as a general update to the matter, I'm being told by a regular community member that curse name "Drama Tank" has at least two other accounts: curse names "Quest Wheat" and "Fire Skin". Don't know if true, but still something to watch out for I think.

Yikes provided the discord with this image last night: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

and said:

"Well he was calling everyone the n word, killed all the sheep, and was trying to yeet the radios and tools"

I played some of the time where the person used the 5 'o' name, but people in PXChat seemed smarter than to fall for that.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#15 2021-03-30 19:13:50

Gremlynn

I promise it's not me. I avoid phex at all cost for the reasons discussed in this thread.

If getting upset at me and presuming it's me make you feel better go right ahead.

I do think contacting the developer is a better route for fixing the problem you're facing.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-03-30 20:09:43)

#16 2021-04-08 23:30:32

BlueCramberry64

Sad. I haven't played in such a long time and some bad dude is using my name :c cloudberry
Used to like phex thou, now I will limit myself to the discord I guess.

#17 2021-04-09 00:51:49

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

If you guys are having this issue Px has been really nice and good about fixing it. Try messaging him and I'm sure he'll help. Don't let a few bad eggs ruin the game for you guys.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#18 2021-04-09 18:07:43

FulmenTheFinn

Our little friend came back from his forced 7 day or so hiatus, immediately started trolling and impersonating people again, and it looks like he might've gotten banned again. If so, then thank you to the "powers that be".

#19 2021-04-11 04:47:21

caroline

imagine doing that, like ew

iunjdysuj

Board footer