One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-14 14:17:24

WumboJumbo

You Are Hope Sequel to be released on PC, iOS, and Android in 2021

This is not You are Hope, but a new game that Dual Decade is working on. It will be released in 2021 on PC, iOS and Android. Dual Decade released more detailed info shortly after the first announcement. They will be opening up the game to beta testers at some point in the future.

Are you excited for the announcement? We will have to see how the new game compares to You Are Hope and even One Hour One Life. After all, it'll be released on PC. smile

Christoffer wrote:

It is time to do something big. While we love You are Hope, we have long dreamt of a game that simply won’t fit in the YAH mold. So we started from scratch again and have been working on this project in secret since 2019, first a little bit, then increased the effort more and more. There is still a lot of work left until we feel that it’s good enough, but we have gotten far enough to be sure that our vision holds water and that we will succeed in making it happen.

A similarity with YAH will be the cute characters (though with thicker arms and legs) and that a life span has a start and an end. There will also be a vast tech tree, though not the same as in YAH. In fact, the tech trees will not be the same on a tropical island, as on an island in a temperate or polar climate zone. The tech tree will not be constrained to the A+B=>C+D formula though. We will have the freedom to go beyond that.

There will also be a lot of new mechanics that don’t exist in YAH, but we will not reveal all at once. Suffice to say that the learning curve will be much easier on new players, but the challenge to experienced players will increase a lot further, so the game will offer more variation and you won’t be “finished” just because you have created an advanced city. Even death may not be an absolute end anymore… maybe there is a way to reconnect to earlier lives…?

We have chosen a mix of 2D and 3D art for the new game. A great game deserves a great appearance, don’t you think?

The game will be multiplayer and multi platform, so you can use PC or mobile devices to play on the same servers. The game controls will be the biggest difference between the platforms. (The PC game controls will of course be new, but so will the touch controls - we are doing something different than the “swipe to object” control you know from YAH).

The graphics are all new for this game, including the character bodies, but we will include the hair and faces of some of the beloved characters in YAH (the Dual Decade ones). There will not be any genitals showing.

I can also add that this game is not set on Earth, so while the characters are people, they are not necessarily humans…

Finally: we will not stop updating YAH, but we will stick mostly to content updates and bug fixes there in the future. Work on new game mechanics will mostly happen in the new game. YAH remains a really good game, so please keep enjoying it!

// The Team

You Are Hope Sequel
You Are Hope Sequel
(amazing, I can hold both Flint and Pyrite at the same time!)
(this looks mysterious!)
You Are Hope Sequel
You Are Hope Sequel

Video #1: https://youtu.be/u3BhTVM5hBA

Video #2: https://youtu.be/RGosgRLSZCY

Video #3: https://youtu.be/3G2xt5lgBcA

Video #4 (Camping by the sea shore): https://youtu.be/ERzId_BzvyU

Announcement #1: https://forum.youarehope.app/t/big-thin … -soon/7659

Announcement #2: https://forum.youarehope.app/t/new-game … id-pc/7669

#2 2020-12-14 14:38:23

Dodge

Re: You Are Hope Sequel to be released on PC, iOS, and Android in 2021

edge: https://youtu.be/RGosgRLSZCY

Heh at least they understand that an infinite world is not interesting.

#3 2020-12-14 14:47:22

Morti

WumboJumbo wrote:

I was the first view on these 3 videos.

What do I think about this (the game)? Mostly positive. I have to acknowledge my own bias when it comes to One Hour One Life and any offshoots of it. I am initially tempted to feel it will not be as good as the original, because I have put so much time into the original, but, that bias aside, I would love to see more games like OHOL, and with many of it's mechanics, on the market.

I will do my best to keep an open mind, and not think of this as merely a One Hour One Life clone.

Had I seen this without knowing it had any relation to OHOL, I would likely give it a try, were I in the mood for such a game.
OHOL satiates my desire for this genre, as is, but there are millions of people out there who I am certain would enjoy a game like this, perhaps, even more so than OHOL, given what I have seen of the colors and textures, as well as the animation.

Looks like a very ambitious project and I encourage everyone behind it to work hard and make it's market release the most successful possible for a game of this type.

#4 2020-12-14 16:13:35

WumboJumbo

Morti wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

I was the first view on these 3 videos.

Well, they're unlisted, so... wink

With the state the OHOL has been in for a while, I'm hoping that the You Are Hope sequel will smash it out of the ballpark. No war swords or extreme ways to grief!

#5 2020-12-14 18:32:48

karltown_veteran

Did they eventually give credit to Jason? I remember there was drama with that but I forgot how it ended.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#6 2020-12-14 19:17:30

DestinyCall

Pretty sure Jason won the fight.   But I didn't get the impreasion that the You are Hope people were trying to fight him, so that makes sense.

#7 2020-12-14 20:18:58

WumboJumbo

karltown_veteran wrote:

Did they eventually give credit to Jason? I remember there was drama with that but I forgot how it ended.

Yes, but I thought part of that agreement involved not porting the game to platforms that OHOL was already on?

DestinyCall wrote:

Pretty sure Jason won the fight.   But I didn't get the impreasion that the You are Hope people were trying to fight him, so that makes sense.

Have the You Are Hope developers forgotten the terms of their agreement with Jason?

#8 2020-12-14 21:31:18

DestinyCall

WumboJumbo wrote:

Have the You Are Hope developers forgotten the terms of their agreement with Jason?

What are you even talking about?   The sequel to You are Hope is a different game from OHOL.

#9 2020-12-14 22:23:32

WumboJumbo

DestinyCall wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

What are you even talking about?   The sequel to You are Hope is a different game from OHOL.

Yes, but both games are available on PC. I thought that Jason didn't want Dual Decade to make a PC competitor to OHOL. Both games look and act similar.

#10 2020-12-14 22:49:02

dangergirl713

Stop trying to create drama WumboJumbo. The new YAH game is on a different game engine than OHOL.

#11 2020-12-14 22:53:06

WumboJumbo

dangergirl713 wrote:

Stop trying to create drama WumboJumbo. The new YAH game is on a different game engine than OHOL.

I'm not trying to create drama whatsoever. Did Jason ever state that only the game engine mattered?

#12 2020-12-15 01:25:18

dangergirl713

It's all new artwork and a new game engine. Unless you are Jason's or Dual Decade's lawyer, then you don't need to be here stirring up past drama. The new game isn't even out yet.

You have made two threads about YAH-one about the upcoming game and another one about YAH mineshaft updates, which I have no idea why you posted it because you are a regular in YAH's forums so you knew that the mineshaft update was from YAH.

Also, this is a forum for OHOL. Why are you even posting about YAH here?

#13 2020-12-15 03:28:40

Morti

dangergirl713 wrote:

It's all new artwork and a new game engine. Unless you are Jason's or Dual Decade's lawyer, then you don't need to be here stirring up past drama. The new game isn't even out yet.

You have made two threads about YAH-one about the upcoming game and another one about YAH mineshaft updates, which I have no idea why you posted it because you are a regular in YAH's forums so you knew that the mineshaft update was from YAH.

It's going to be okay.

#14 2020-12-15 05:37:58

karltown_veteran

Music for grumpy cats big_smile Morti you’re too much

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#15 2020-12-15 13:16:13

WumboJumbo

dangergirl713 wrote:

Stop stirring the pot then. I'm not trying to create any issues or drama, but your remarks against me certainly aren't helping. Don't comment on this thread if you dislike me so much. It doesn't benefit me or you.

All I wanted to do was see what people thought of the new game compared to One Hour One Life. I know that morale is somewhat low here, so I wanted to make people curious and excited. I equally love One Hour One Life, You Are Hope, and the new game. smile

#16 2020-12-19 10:04:16

NoTruePunk

Looks good, looks cute, wondering if it's cross platform or multi-platform. Will mobile players and PC players be interacting?

#17 2020-12-19 10:12:04

NoTruePunk

I take that back, it looks really fucking good. Those graphics are sexy af... I wonder why the recording was so shitty? And to release without a trailer or showcase or press? Kinda confused but in a good way

#18 2020-12-19 11:06:22

Morti

karltown_veteran wrote:

Music for grumpy cats big_smile Morti you’re too much

I wish I was just enough.
Like the middle bear.

--

I was going to comment how there is no Ursa Middle-oris, in the sky, just Ursa Majoris and Ursa Minoris, but in looking for the latin word for middle, I looked up the definition of Majoris
RFTj4Po.png

and I found it interesting that it means ancestors.

Qkfamkf.png

Also Mayor and Major, I took latin in school and it's just dawning on me, this connection.
Even after teaching astronomy so long and say "Ursa Majoris" like 5,000 times, I never even bothered to look up just what Majoris meant. We always just called it "Ursa Majoris, The Great Bear"
I thought it meant great...

Then there is Ursa Minoris "The Little Bear"
How much you want to bet, Mino does not mean little?

Seriously, I had't even looked it up, either. I was going to say $5.

4KVoF7N.png

I had a great story, I loved to tell, about a Native American myth regarding Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, and why there was a mother and baby bear in the sky. I've repeated it over a 1,000 times. Here, I didn't even know, Major and Minor, meant ancestor and descendant. I would have added that, connection, from time to time, in my stories, had I only known.

#19 2020-12-19 14:27:36

WumboJumbo

NoTruePunk wrote:

Looks good, looks cute, wondering if it's cross platform or multi-platform. Will mobile players and PC players be interacting?

Yes, mobile players can play with PC players and vice versa.

NoTruePunk wrote:

I take that back, it looks really fucking good. Those graphics are sexy af... I wonder why the recording was so shitty? And to release without a trailer or showcase or press? Kinda confused but in a good way

Those are merely just teasers. I don't know why the recordings are so shitty, but I'm sure that the actual trailer will be of much higher quality. As of right now, I'm assuming that the game isn't ready for a trailer yet, especially considering the fact that we don't even know the proper name of the game. As seen in the original post, the developers have already showcased teasers. That quote from "Christoffer" at the top of the original post was sort of a press release. He is a spokesman for the company that develops You Are Hope and the new game.

Morti wrote:

I was going to comment how there is no Ursa Middle-oris, in the sky, just Ursa Majoris and Ursa Minoris, but in looking for the latin word for middle, I looked up the definition of Majoris
https://i.imgur.com/RFTj4Po.png

and I found it interesting that it means ancestors.

https://i.imgur.com/Qkfamkf.png

Also Mayor and Major, I took latin in school and it's just dawning on me, this connection.
Even after teaching astronomy so long and say "Ursa Majoris" like 5,000 times, I never even bothered to look up just what Majoris meant. We always just called it "Ursa Majoris, The Great Bear"
I thought it meant great...

Then there is Ursa Minoris "The Little Bear"
How much you want to bet, Mino does not mean little?

Seriously, I had't even looked it up, either. I was going to say $5.

https://i.imgur.com/4KVoF7N.png

I had a great story, I loved to tell, about a Native American myth regarding Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, and why there was a mother and baby bear in the sky. I've repeated it over a 1,000 times. Here, I didn't even know, Major and Minor, meant ancestor and descendant. I would have added that, connection, from time to time, in my stories, had I only known.

You're still using Windows 7? Didn't Microsoft end support for it earlier this year in January? Update your computer! big_smile

#20 2020-12-19 14:48:15

Morti

WumboJumbo wrote:

Update your computer! big_smile

No. big_smile

#21 2020-12-19 14:56:24

WumboJumbo

Morti wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

Update your computer! big_smile

No. big_smile

May I ask why?

#22 2020-12-19 14:57:40

Morti

WumboJumbo wrote:

May I ask why?

Sure.

#23 2020-12-19 15:27:19

Morti

WumboJumbo wrote:

May I ask why?

erqujRd.png

While I'm no Kevin Mitnick, I used to idolize him back...20-25 years ago.
I saw him in an interview on... Tech TV I think it was? It was shortly after he was released from jail. The interviewer asked him what version of Windows he preferred, and when he said 3.1, I nearly lost it.
This was the time of 95, 98, 2000, ME and NT, mind you.
I was using Deskmate in 1989, my Tandy 1000 came from Radio Shack, I didn't use 3.1, but I completely related to Kevin in that moment.
I haven't forgotten that moment.

#24 2020-12-19 19:37:28

WumboJumbo

Morti wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

May I ask why?

https://i.imgur.com/erqujRd.png

While I'm no Kevin Mitnick, I used to idolize him back...20-25 years ago.
I saw him in an interview on... Tech TV I think it was? It was shortly after he was released from jail. The interviewer asked him what version of Windows he preferred, and when he said 3.1, I nearly lost it.
This was the time of 95, 98, 2000, ME and NT, mind you.
I was using Deskmate in 1989, my Tandy 1000 came from Radio Shack, I didn't use 3.1, but I completely related to Kevin in that moment.
I haven't forgotten that moment.

Ah, I remember Radio Shack. smile

You're a very mysterious person. Your answer puzzles me.

#25 2020-12-20 21:58:29

pein

Actually, I tried to put 7 on my laptop and it didn't let me. It came with Chinese 10, but jokes on all of you, cause you to pay 50-70 bucks on windows and programs you don't use. It's fully legal to use my code in any other version and you can download original windows ISO-s right from Microsoft servers. Honestly, XP was way better and stable and shit, I remember a system problem where a virus ruined my files, and copying over the ssysem32 folder contents saved me from reinstalling. BTW my older desktop at home was running xp quite well but now is not supported by a lot of programs, I did not run v7 well but handles 10 pretty good.

Lately, my laptop had a few memory issues and I found out how much of a problem is overheating for performance. 8 gb was enough for 99% of the things I do, never had issues, there is an automatic cleanup of RAM at 880 from reaching maximum, but that process can fuck up things.
I was always doing some cleanup, on xp and 7 was easy to customize services. I tried a launcher from razer and actually got some bridge errors which is weird, but also it cleaned less ram that it used in the background. As for antivirus, I always hated memory-hogging ones like Norton, but Kaspersky was even worse, put my newly purchased pc on freeze, was kind of weird and scary on day 1.
So I use free ones that are using less resources and online database. I had a free subscription with AV scanner, it was good until it lasted, then th Clam AV part started freezing. SO back to Webroot giveaway version. Actually, if you know what you ar doing, a firewall and a bit of research is enough. So a minimal antivirus is so good for system resources.

Also, Microsoft crapware is annoying, I disabled Cortana just to notice months later that search has a service, possibly collecting data and won't stop even after I got no Cortana or indexing or search (void tools-everything is way better and faster). That was using 100 mb on default with no reason. Also some other program took 4 seconds extra to boot up. Nnott much but none of my other programs took that long, maybe discord. Had this Glary utilities feature to read comments about it. 'Russians turn it off' it's good enough for me why I should turn it off big_smile I know It sounds nitpicking but you do it once, there was like 10-12 useless services in w7 and quite a big impact on performance. On w10 you start again doubting if any of it is needed or useful.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer