One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-24 18:58:46

pein

Biome temperature/Player skill

People still cry about decay but seem to miss the part where the savanna and forest were nerfed significantly from 25% to like 15% heat
this means you eat more often
desert still can be ideal for nakeds but people dont generally pay attention to "too hot" which is even worse in some cases

I had runs, multiple, with a carrot farm and some tools, where i started as eve, had like 8-9 kids, only letting die one when i was holding one, often taking care of them even after they can pick carrots, always making sure i water crops until they grow up, 1-2 survived, maybe even they died. some just run to bell town, some suicide. let say i had 70 kids, maybe 6-8 was decent player, even if they told me they not new
We had everything, carrot farm, wild bushes, cactus, showed them, told them, they died, often running too far and starving on way back near the farm, even with backpack

I don't mind if the game is hard, but shouldn't be so time consuming. You got 60 minutes, the amount of noobs makes you babysit 30 min, fix things 20 min. maybe 20 minutes here and there, yeah i know its more than 60, that's my point, you babysit and fix things same time. Very annoying, i end up as a lone granma, with 4-5 dead daughters, even my occasional granddaughters die before me.

If jason wants a hardcore game, then this is not the way, dont make it harder to survive, don't make us eat carrots every 15 second, make recipes more complex, especially late game ones, i dont even mind bear attacks more often. We should reach a state where we got 20 minutes where food is set, we got some time to talk, roleplay, explore not just popping babies and hope they are not that dumb.

Also is very repetitive, need some parallel routes with some changes. Grow onions for example, has lower calories, fast regrow. Or potato, slow grow, more calories. I feel like im doing the same thing over and over, even if i can smith or make a sheep pen, i never got time for it if i care about others not to die.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-04-24 19:29:27

breezeknight

Re: Biome temperature/Player skill

don't care so much for the others,
either they learn how to survive & that this game relies on the skill of everybody or they will just die & die again & maybe even drag you down with them

i do not explain much as mother, i started now to portion my babies according to the actual food supply, i try not to be any nuissance as kid, i don't ask usually what a job is there to do, i just take my time to evaluate the problem zones myself, i remember to eat, i remember to set the marker !!! & then i do my best

usually people die left & right around me, especially in smaller settlements, indeed only very few survive on their own, everybody playing OHOL has to learn it themselves

if you care for every kid popping out, then you'll probably all end up dead soon
the chance to stay alive is indeed higher if you care for a handful only & refuse the other, only if some of the first die, then you can keep another one alive

about the biomes
many seem not to know that to stand by the fire & in desert is good for them, i had mothers puting me as baby into the snow, mothers taking me out of the desert, i had other kids telling me that the balanced temperature is the best not the high one & i saw mothers cloth their babies in full fur while those stood in the desert - so yeah lol
i just take care of myself mainly, i think that's the best way to support everybody, just not to be an idiot

#3 2018-04-24 19:37:42

pein

its annoying that i never born back, and its annoying they cant have a girl before they die off, its about my future there, keep a family line, a thin one
i don't keep every kid, as i stated, i keep the ones i  can feed, one at a time, but keeping one spare girl for security, as they die, i end up with 9 kids but kinda 2-3 alive at a time, this is very bad

forest used to be 25% now is less, this makes us eat more, you cant run too far, this is a bigger nerf than decay

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-04-24 19:54:04

breezeknight

i tried to care originally for every kid, now i portion, also because the last updates made the life harder so either few survive or all die

Board footer