One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-29 11:12:12

Morti

I'm bored.

If only there was a game I could play...

I want to invent a game where the acronym is IOU and make sure everything is free, for everyone, all the time.
They just have to work for it. And they can share.

And no one is a dick that hides shit behind property fences, at any stage along the way.

Ah, that'd be a nice game.

For people who aren't dicks for shit.

;-)

Why are so many games about being dicks for shit, anyway?
Seems the video game industry has a fecal phallus problem.

#2 2020-11-30 13:45:59

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: I'm bored.

If you're bored you should try out some other games.

I've never met a OHOL player that doesn't like Rimworld or Stardew Valley. I've been playing a lot of Darkest Dungeon recently and that game is SO good. There's a game in early access called Kynseed that is basically a baby between Stardew Valley and One hour One life. It's still pretty early in development so I'd wait a few years.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2020-12-01 19:45:36

pein

rimworld is shit graphics

I'm doing ck3 lately, is quite fun, not multi, but can be, just a bit harder to set up and you need your own friends. The genetics, events and randomness are quit funny.

I think one issue is that the game provides no true goals and no competition/rewards, so being toxic is one way to play, the game doesn't see if something is bad or annoys others.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2020-12-01 20:18:45

QuirkySmirkyIan

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

If you're bored you should try out some other games.

I've never met a OHOL player that doesn't like Rimworld or Stardew Valley. I've been playing a lot of Darkest Dungeon recently and that game is SO good. There's a game in early access called Kynseed that is basically a baby between Stardew Valley and One hour One life. It's still pretty early in development so I'd wait a few years.

Welp I don't play rimworld so I don't have an opinion on it. smile

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#5 2020-12-01 22:28:36

Cantface

The Sims 2 never fails to kill some time. Children of Morta is awesome, Wandersong is pretty nice and The Outer Worlds is a brilliant game.

Also Cyperpunk 2077 is coming out soon!

Breasticles

#6 2020-12-02 22:54:33

karltown_veteran

I love Sims 4 and stardew big_smile 10/10 addictive and I recommend.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#7 2020-12-03 00:20:46

Cantface

Oh also My time at Portia, Ooblets and it has to be said Disco Elysium especially is SUCH an amazing game. They're all pretty different depending on what you're looking for.

Breasticles

#8 2020-12-03 01:37:29

DestinyCall

I would also recommend checking out the game, Return of the Obra Dinn.   Totally different kind of game, but really well made with a unique concept and interesting story.

The official description of the game is "an insurance adventure with minimal color" and that is pretty accurate, but doesn't explain much.   

https://obradinn.com/

You play the game from the perspective of an insurance auditor tasked with investigating a ghost ship that floated back to harbor months after it was reported lost at sea, without a single living soul aboard.   Your job is to search for clues to the name, current status, cause of death (if dead), and current location (if still alive) of all the crew and passengers aboard the ill fated ship.   You are aided in your job by a mysterious artifact that allows you to witness a brief glimpse into the last moments of someone's life.   But to use it ... first you must find a body.

As you progress through the ship, you gain greater knowledge of the lives (and deaths) of the Obra Dinn's crew and start to piece together the terrible events that occurred during its final voyage. 

It is a grim, mono-chromatic story that sucks you in like a good book.   I highly recommend it.

#9 2020-12-04 22:52:19

Morti

Thank you all, for your recommendations.

This post was just a jab at one of the many things about this game that is taking the reward out of it, for me, and others - the decline of trust that Jason's insisting we use property fences brings. Jason doesn't understand what makes this game so unique, he really doesn't. He wants elements of Rust, Factorio, League of Legends, Minecraft, Don't Starve and Ultima Online (among many other games) all in one package. He doesn't understand that wanting a pet snake and a pet mouse to sleep in the same glass box, is dumb. Or maybe he does and his paternal desires (or his wife's maternal ones) or so cold and dry that he'd be happy to just watch the mouse fight to stay alive, or die.

You've never been here before, Jason. You don't know what you are doing.

Keep this game beautiful or keep your fucking hands off it.
That's my recommendation.

The knife and bow "accidents" were enough, now get your head out of the Global Thermal Nuclear War gutter and try adding more beautiful content to this game, like the reproductive mechanic for player allocation, starting the game as a helpless infant, players breast feeding each other, and, watching yourself age with the music and inevitably dying of* old age. Do you need help? Help thinking of more beautiful things to add?

Things that are beautiful for each person playing, Jason. Not the sort of complexity humans, and life, have added to our history since we started, fucking, cannibalizing each other and evolving to steal proteins from one another. Is it your job, Jason, to justify war? Slavery? Poverty?
Are you going to justify EVERY EVIL ACT life has ever committed over the course of it's existence? How many, then?
Why attempt to justify any of them?
You have one chance, with your one life, to show the world reflections of beauty, and to make it want more.
Don't admit defeat and give in to those who failed before you.
Stop justifying the atrocities for the select advancements in art, technology and deception.

Stop using evil to make good look greater!

3NL9ifG.gif

Now, as you were. tophat.gif

* - Time has never been a cause of death. Something we can, and will fix with enough knowledge, technology and time, breaks down. On the molecular scale, the cellular scale, the anatomic scale, the social scale, the global scale - even the stellar scale. We need to get our shit together to prepare for the last ones or everything else might as well be happening in a petri dish, on it's way to the school incinerator.

#10 2020-12-06 21:25:48

Gomez

Foxhole is a great persistent world, sand box, war game. Its quite complicated and most supplies are player farmed and created you can be a full time truck driver bringing supplies to the front if you want...great game by indie studio out of canada. I alternate between that and OHOL periodically.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/Foxhole/

Last edited by Gomez (2020-12-06 21:27:50)

Board footer