One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-23 20:56:11

QuirkySmirkyIan

A way to allow twins to curse.

I have a frustration with one of the game mechanics that doesn't allow you to curse a user when you are playing as twins. I understand this is to prevent curse abuse, but it is very annoying to me because I play with friends a lot and when there are genuine trolls I can't curse them. For example there was a person yesterday who kept using profanity and berry munching and I couldn't curse him because I was a twin. Here are some ways you can allow twins to curse while not making it abusable by griefers.

1. The ideal solution: An elder says the phrase "I give John Doe permission to curse Jane Doe"
2. The secure ideal solution: 2 elders say the phrase above.
3. The extremely secure ideal solution: Permission to curse is like a posse.
4. The genetic fitness solution: Have the village leader give permission. (could still lead to abuse)
5. The secure genetic fitness solution: Have the village leader and an elder give permission.

I hope Jason reads this and considers adding one of these methods to the game or his own idea because sometimes there are genuine trolls that I would like to not play with.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2020-09-23 21:03:27

DestinyCall

Re: A way to allow twins to curse.

Or you ask other people to curse the guy to give you herd immunity

I understand your frustration, but the simplest solution would involve NOT twinning.   Use /die to be born together in the same family and you are free to do whatever.  Just requires a bit of extra effort and no consideration for gene score.

#3 2020-09-23 22:15:51

Arcurus

DestinyCall wrote:

I understand your frustration, but the simplest solution would involve NOT twinning.   Use /die to be born together in the same family and you are free to do whatever.  Just requires a bit of extra effort and no consideration for gene score.

with /die you cannot do posse...

#4 2020-09-23 22:36:04

wondible

Actually, with personal curses is the twin limit really relevant anymore? I think there is something about distance scaling with number of curses, but do multiple curses from one person even have an effect beyond resetting the timer?

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#5 2020-09-24 00:09:00

QuirkySmirkyIan

DestinyCall wrote:

I care about meme score tho. neutral

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#6 2020-09-24 06:23:11

Cogito

I also twin with friends quite a bit, and while it is fun to collect a griefer's bones and parade them around town to get them cursed, it's not quite the story I want to tell - I'd rather just be able to curse them and avoid them in the future.

#7 2020-09-24 07:07:21

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

It really sucks because I love playing with my friends but twinning absolutely cucks us when it comes to defense. We have to just hope the leader and the rest of the town will listen to us about stuff because we're helpless. It's really frustrating.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#8 2020-09-24 07:41:21

Tea

Or just give them back the ability to curse with a slight change. Twins can get one curse for both meaning if one of them curses someone, the other one can't curse. However, this one person will be banned for both of them but the cursed person gets only one curse.

Same goes for Triplets or Quads. Give them one curse for the group to use. The person cursed will just get one curse but will avoid the whole group.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

Board footer