One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-22 19:07:06

Atticus

Silly things new players do as Eve's :)

I born to an Eve who just spawned. She stood there for a few seconds (map loading?) then ignored me, grabbed some clay and ran off. I can understand ignoring the baby but why clay?

And once the Eve didn't know she could breastfeed me and tried to feed me berries on every stop. As I tried to explain it one letter at a time, she grabbed a burdock that was already dug and shoved it into my mouth :D She managed to keep me and herself alive though.

What did your novice mothers do?

#2 2018-04-22 22:20:32

Lily

Re: Silly things new players do as Eve's :)

I would say most games as an Eve a baby spawns before the map finishes loading. If your computer is really quick at loading I can see you appearing before it finishes. And it doesn't take that long for the map to load for me either. Just like 4-5 seconds. I really wish we wouldn't spawn babies that quickly.

Last edited by Lily (2018-04-22 22:21:10)

#3 2018-04-22 23:39:32

Nimue

most comum mistake i see is eves trying to keep every single baby, one could think is out of generosity but effortless when everyone ends up dead, i saw eves destroying milkweeds, passing trough nice spots withoud blinking and runing in desert, with the newest update im seriously having problems at start, i consider myself o good player, good eve also, i can hardly imagine how is to new players face the new dificulties. honestly this decay system took joy out of the game, steel tools break as if they were butter, and iron is not a regen resource, freaking round stones are scarce of so many being use to plow... just to be broken few hits later... i got off topic but man, that really turned me off... one thing i can say is that this new update bring discourd among players... people using firebrand to make tools, sharp stones and round stones as rare as gold, and sooooo little progress in each generation... too much off topic sorry, but i was just playing as eve and went all trough steel tools, made a axe and a hoe, instead of adding to next generation i saw it broke in less then five minutes... i want to have boners when playing this game again...

yes eves suck, and the sadly truth, good players let they´re babies die more often then bad ones.

#4 2018-04-23 01:51:58

Artarda

I think the worst thing that happens to me is when I'm born into a village of like three or four people, I see my mom, her brother, and her gray haired mom. They have a food surplus and are trying to expand their forge and such. And they let me stand there and die, I was a girl, could have provided the future to their family line. I guess I would say "Mothers with the capacity to keep you but don't due to inconvenience."

The second most annoying thing is having a mother who doesnt pick a last name, or one who trolls me with "You are..." "nameless!"

Whenever I play as an Eve, I keep all my babies if I can. And I generally outlive them too; I often see the skeletons of my children next to full berry bushes, having forgot the #1 rule for children: Bring a freaking snack.

#5 2018-04-23 02:30:53

komody

Artarda wrote:

The second most annoying thing is having a mother who doesnt pick a last name

so much this i hate when they dont pick a last name and often i feel like "what's the point in me even continuing this 'legacy' if it doesnt even have a name to it?"

Last edited by komody (2018-04-23 02:31:13)

#6 2018-04-25 00:47:52

pein

they become old but try to feed me,  i clamp the keyboard and die at 7 boxes, they dont fricking get it fe ed ca ro t or running to other lady but she picks me up again and again

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-04-25 10:45:03

Aurora Aurora

Eves who have a base but still decide to go to the bell are the fucking worst

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#8 2018-04-25 10:53:23

pein

yes, tools, some soil, seeds, kilns, forge. the time you lose with running, you can fix a small camp and have your family there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-04-25 11:18:43

Angel Carrillo

I usually keep my first baby and then run to a good spot to make B A S E

Board footer