One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-03 15:26:25

JonySky
Website

Meme score....

Today, after playing a lifetime, I decided to review the score that the game had assigned me in the genetic score ...

Does this really work correctly ???
I explain to you:

My mother had 3 boys (one of them was me) and a girl
we all reach 60 years

look at the family tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6450567
genetica2.jpg

And now look at the genetic system:
genetica1.jpg

Apparently the system has forgotten my 2 brothers and has included 2 children that I have not met ...

In addition, these 2 children have subtracted -1.51 genetics points and the 3 adults alive until the age of 60 (without counting my brothers) have only added +1.06

In short, if I had not played this life, I would have earned more points than playing this game !!!

this is totally crazy!

Last edited by JonySky (2020-08-03 15:28:10)

#2 2020-08-03 16:39:08

sigmen4020

Re: Meme score....

Pretty sure the issue here is that your older siblings are not counted towards your gene score. From what I remember Jason never made older siblings count towards score. And it doesn’t matter if you never met those children, since they will count regardless as long as they were born during your lifetime.

I’m not sure what goes into the calculations of gene score, but I will say that with what you’re showing here you should at the very least break even from score. In my experience the score system punishes you harder for young kids dying than it rewards you for having family members die old age. From what I’ve seen this is also regardless of the persons average age and score.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-08-03 16:40:40)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2020-08-03 17:03:55

JonySky
Website

sigmen4020 wrote:

Pretty sure the issue here is that your older siblings are not counted towards your gene score. From what I remember Jason never made older siblings count towards score. And it doesn’t matter if you never met those children, since they will count regardless as long as they were born during your lifetime.

I’m not sure what goes into the calculations of gene score, but I will say that with what you’re showing here you should at the very least break even from score. In my experience the score system punishes you harder for young kids dying than it rewards you for having family members die old age. From what I’ve seen this is also regardless of the persons average age and score.

This makes no sense....
Only people who are born after me count? why?
Everyone should count, not just some players!
If you help your family, you help your entire family, not just those who were born after you ...

#4 2020-08-03 17:23:14

-Ian-

JonySky wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

This makes no sense....
Only people who are born after me count? why?
Everyone should count, not just some players!
If you help your family, you help your entire family, not just those who were born after you ...

Maybe that’s because they might die before you are born, and thus you can’t do anything about them, so they don’t count to your gene score.

#5 2020-08-03 18:40:58

ahead

it's perfectly sensible, if it was the other way around people would complain about being born to a mother with a bunch of dead kids
nuking their gene score, even though they had no way to prevent it

Sorry, nothing

#6 2020-08-03 19:06:36

sigmen4020

Couldn't it still be worked in where older siblings could contribute score, but you wouldn't be punished if they died young before you were born? You, for example, don't receive score from your grandmother if she died before you were born or during your baby years. Wouldn't it be easy enough to implement something similar for older siblings?

#7 2020-08-03 20:39:58

ahead

then at a certain low number it'd be worth it to just pop in, die, get the gene score of your older siblings and mother, repeat
and i don't mean /die, no i mean just go into the wilderness and die away from others, bringing their meme score down

Sorry, nothing

#8 2020-08-03 20:51:57

sigmen4020

ahead wrote:

then at a certain low number it'd be worth it to just pop in, die, get the gene score of your older siblings and mother, repeat
and i don't mean /die, no i mean just go into the wilderness and die away from others, bringing their meme score down

Easy. Just use the same fix Jason made with regards to mothers and grandmothers:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … a1c6d23f9c

"Further improved mother-farming exploit protection. Now you only get score from mother, gma, etc. if you are alive when they die."

In this case you would only gain score from older siblings if you were alive when they died. In this scenario it would be a lot harder to exploit with siblings, than it currently is with mothers and grandmothers. As a plus this would also encourage death from old age more, since you would then be guaranteed to gain score from your older siblings no matter how old they were when they died.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-08-03 20:55:35)

#9 2020-08-03 21:03:13

DailyNightmares

yea just had a life where all my kids reached 60 every single grandkid lost me genetic score like bruh tell us you something dosent it

#10 2020-08-03 22:46:12

DestinyCall

Meme score is pretty much rubbish.   I wish it wasn't associated with so many important game-play elements.   It drags down the game for me.

#11 2020-08-04 05:43:41

pein

yeah total utter trash, at least before it gave some score for playing

now is a lottery you don't have control about at all

and does who complain about score farming are big idiots, it should be totally possible to exclude others and gain points, it's not always easy or fun to do so, I don't understand whats the problem with gaining score differently than the main boring style, a few people like to play like that, make foods raise kids, everyone else is punished for not liking this forced and boring style

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2020-08-04 07:49:37

JonySky
Website

pein wrote:

yeah total utter trash, at least before it gave some score for playing

now is a lottery you don't have control about at all

and does who complain about score farming are big idiots, it should be totally possible to exclude others and gain points, it's not always easy or fun to do so, I don't understand whats the problem with gaining score differently than the main boring style, a few people like to play like that, make foods raise kids, everyone else is punished for not liking this forced and boring style

totally agree

#13 2020-08-05 04:01:38

Eve Troll

Memescore is a pseudo score system. It doesn't really work. Jason doesn't want it to be too easy to grind score so the calculations are weighted against us. Basically turns into a 50/50 chance you either gain or lose score. Either way, the system is poised to be random and not give people the ability to control their score. I really don't get it, its only real purpose is to keep people from abusing the spawn system. I think there are better ways to discourage people from /dying other than score. Lets me real though, is it that big of a deal if someone wants to spawn back to a certain family or town? I know it really bothered some folks, but why? I get baby bones were annoying but wouldn't it be simpler to have sids not produce bones?

Last edited by Eve Troll (2020-08-05 04:02:49)

#14 2020-08-05 04:03:38

DestinyCall

or allow pregnancy + pre-birth SIDS, so mother has some warning of impending baby and babies can decline undesirable mothers without leaving a corpse.

Board footer