One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-19 13:29:16

Clamman

Dead towns, dead towns, more dead towns

I was exploring the highway system today and I saw a depressing number of dead towns. Do people routinely repopulate these towns, or do they just let them disappear?

#2 2020-07-19 14:20:56

jinbaili83

Re: Dead towns, dead towns, more dead towns

When a family dies new one apears west of last living family.
If a town had good design it might get repopulated but with time most towns turn in to garbage dumps and deplete surrounding resurces .
It is easier to loot most valuable items than bring people back.

#3 2020-07-19 16:22:26

Gogo
Banned

I was brown Eve, my kid wanted to go west, start new town there, we did. But they died out. It's better to repopulate, so you need an engine to do so, but recently all extra engines were lost. hmm

#4 2020-07-19 18:14:01

miskas

How many plus 10 gen families die every day ?

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#5 2020-07-19 21:05:30

DestinyCall

All of them.

#6 2020-07-19 21:16:16

Catfive

Clamman wrote:

I was exploring the highway system today and I saw a depressing number of dead towns. Do people routinely repopulate these towns, or do they just let them disappear?

Some get repopulated. Some are just left to be buried under the sands and some are built from scratch as that is by far the most fun version. Fighting the odds to get a town running as eve is hard and lots of fun. unfortunately being eve means a lot of family die as it isn't easy mode any more and that means gene score takes a dive which some people are obsessed with due to the whole leadership system.

Another factor i have seen a lot this weekend has been the roads which mean it is easy to find soe tasty abandoned towns once you get on the road. Be interesting to see if this carries on.

#7 2020-07-20 04:02:52

Guy

Usually scavengers come and loot everything useful. Might get repopulated a couple times but eventually people make a new city.

#8 2020-07-20 05:44:17

Laskara

Rest town just fell to no girls ;_;
I told everyone it was OK but I was sad, actually. I finished the nursery walls so it'd be warm inside, specifically to avoid this fate.

Last edited by Laskara (2020-07-20 05:46:11)

#9 2020-07-20 06:02:04

pein

lot of people enjoy stealing shit. "scavenging" they sya. it happened in the rift already, people stole my shit and hoard it around instead making it by themselves. like moving a half town, tools, horses, packs. sometimes even the floors.

itts kinda annoying since i was settting up nice outposts, like the one with floored around the well and planted trees forming a sheep pen.

its kind of Jasons fault, he made enginee stealing and destroying possible. it was never needed and  has a lot of down sides

mainly the number of ghost towns increased because of  it.
even bell towns get scavenged badly. when they stel an engne, you would need engien and oil from the get go to repopulate and claim it as a homeland. we were complaining on it in github, i mentioned long ago how bad it is, he didnt cared until others complained.
thats how the cistter change came.

but its rather rare that cities have leftover water when they die out. even if they do, its not a stable state. i saw a lot of dead towns fully floored down with a lot of animals. not having an engine and oil kills it. and people run around a bit more and nott havign wild food, they eat up the restt of towns food and then is trully dead.

then tthere are idiots who make decisions they shouldn't. a black family had a nice startign camp with nice deserts around 2 mines, a dead town with resoruces, an ice biome above.
somebody ran away like 300 tiles then they had mroe babies and people quit ust to have more people around. later they thought the original city is the outpost. and even if there were bettr condittions there, they choose to go back to that other dump. often times people even stteal i nfrontt of you.

like they see you got 4-5 people so they ttake all your food and packs, etc.
the most annoying the horse thiefs who justt run in and take the horse carts and dont ask shit.

its been a trend for quite a while, white people are the most useless and hard to find, they hoard a lo of sttuff since they cant make it. it really pisses me off seeing they got 4-5 horses and ruin any progress you make in other places.

of ten times you can make a nice ttown design in 2-3 hours then let people move in, but the lazy thiefs ruin all the nice things.

i swear in tthe rift i felt as i wa being followed, any time i made progress in a camp, all the valuables were taken, nobody made anytthing they just moved it.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2020-07-20 14:18:31

Gogo
Banned

@pein

I think it's because whites can only translate. If they would share with families some materials/foods from a biome, game would be more balanced. Right now they have a need to steal, because people don't need them = they don't wanna share with them so much.

They still can be translators, but need a biome to at least give craving foods.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-07-20 14:31:40)

#11 2020-07-20 21:26:14

pein

the oher thing is markers. im pretty good on meemorizing locations, but the families change quickly. i mapped out a diamond shape map, 4 big cities in almost equal distances. whites were actually just left side of it, but no one noticed because no expert waystone to them. so you cant find them even if you would want to.

translation is overrated, there are people who can do it and the ones who not. not like you need to remind them, if they could do it they would already done it. spent so much time telling people what they should do its just plain annoying, regardles of the language.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer