One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-17 11:59:11

JonySky
Website

Creating glass is extremely expensive

A few days ago I tried to live a life creating glass bottles, (The complete process, from 0)
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6400918

I could only make a bottle and a glass funnel (for 60 minutes)

The expense of water, firewood, machines and various resources (sand, iron, etc.) was extremely high.

I think my family died shortly after my creation because they ran out of food or water.

I think you should review the process of creating a bottle and make it "cheaper"

#2 2020-07-17 13:19:58

StrongForce

Re: Creating glass is extremely expensive

I think easyer glass should be part of a higher tech smelter on a later stage.

Making glass in a kiln in clay bowls is a waste full precess.

Also glass is a luxury and not essential to survival don't make it unless your town is really stable.

The yum benefit it used to have is gone anyway

Baby dance!!

#3 2020-07-17 17:50:45

antking:]#

glass is a two - three gen project the first gen needs to prepare for glass making aka making paper, making blow pipe, and if thier is time turning glass wart into soda ash

then it is the next gen job to find sand and lime stone and mix all the three ingredients together

but what is cool with glass is that the more glass you make the more you can produce, because you can hold more things in storage, instead of wasting 4 tiles and bowls holding soda ash you only need to use one tile and a bottle allowing you to store more material and inurn produce more when the time comes

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#4 2020-07-17 18:08:52

miskas

what is glass bottles good for Except wine?

One glass can hold 4 liquid or powder items but why not just cluter 4 bowls for those items you need to store?
we dont need to store more than 4 vinegar, palm oil , sugar, and for sure we dont need a lot of chemicals like nitrate.

We do need to store in mass anything that is efficient to be produced in mass but inefficient or impossible to be consumed in mass.  The only such a thing is Salt. (1 bucket = 10 salt)
But then even if we wanted to store that 10 salt we would need 3 bottles. bottles are just not good as storage item.

Last edited by miskas (2020-07-17 18:12:42)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#5 2020-07-17 19:55:26

DestinyCall

It doesn't help matters that the bottle cannot be stowed in the backpack.   If a sealed bottle could be slipped into your pack, it might actually be useful for trading between settlements or transferring between a distance natural source and your workshop.   But as it stands, glass bottles are not very practical.   Too hard to make.  Too finicky to use.   Too limited to be worth the effort.

Like a lot of new items in this game, not enough consideration was given for how the bottle would actually be used in game and the role it would fill in relation to other available options.

In fact, I'm pretty sure we only got glassmaking at all because Jason wanted to add wine and good wine comes in a glass bottle.

#6 2020-07-17 22:14:28

pein

sealed bottle can go on horse carts, thatt is generally useful when moving resources. just the bottle is good for milk for the first one is actually very valuable. then yo ucan save a bit of space for palm oil or sulfplhur but palm buckets are kinda better.

made like 2 times more glasses, with glassworth farm to make more. needs like 2 lives or 2-3 people to help. i was able to make 6 glasses 2 cups 2 funnels and with more blowpipes could of made more.

it will be taken by other fams so its not the worst

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-09-03 15:07:55

anon46

glassmaking is even more of a pain because the damn funnels keep going missing!!

no wonder people lock up the funnels now.

Board footer