One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-29 16:49:53

Gogo
Banned

So many noobs, afk bitches. How about...?

If I curse someone, and it's a family, this person shouldn't count to my gene score. They should be count as bad offspring that we don't want to have anything in common. Banned from family. Why cursed people still count to genes?

#2 2020-06-29 17:57:45

Arcurus

Re: So many noobs, afk bitches. How about...?

lol, curses should cost 0.2 gene score and you should only be allowed to curse if you have more then lets say 25 score.

Then you could decide if its worth to curse some one to not be affected by their score change....

#3 2020-06-29 18:49:58

Jojigirl

I let afk people die if I see they are like that their whole life pretty much...

I'll feed once or twice just in case they got disconnected or they had to walk away from the game for a minute.

I don't care about gene score, and I'm sure not going to waste resources on an AFK person.. A lot of them do it so they get their own score up without having to actually play.

#4 2020-06-30 09:33:58

Catfive

Jojigirl wrote:

I don't care about gene score, and I'm sure not going to waste resources on an AFK person.. A lot of them do it so they get their own score up without having to actually play.

can confirm a number do it to farm gene score. have one cursed and in the last 24hrs saw them doing it in 3 towns.. they even had a friend feeding them once by arrangement as they went afk without a word but within seconds of starving emote their friend was there feeding them.

not to mention most people try and clothe + tell their babies about town, afk mothers are the worst. i never feed them and will ask they are exiled to remove them.

#5 2020-06-30 10:42:54

Coconut Fruit

We have steam sale, that's why we have more people like this, I don't blame new people that they disconnect in their first game. I understand why they do this, I remember my first game and did the same. I had no idea what to do and how to do things. I didn't know even one single recipe. No recipe book build in game, I didn't know about onetech either. If I didn't find out a good way to learn the game, it's very likely that I wouldn't play it anymore after my first, short life.

As for why cursed people count to your gene score. It's partially your fault if your babies (new players) disconnect soon after starting a game. If you don't teach them, it's very likely that they will disconnect. Lazy people would just curse new people instead of teaching them to prevent score loss.

I would say, this game needs something to make first games more interesting for new players. I don't always feel like teaching new players. They should have an alternative way to learn the game on their own, or at least basic stuff. If we had a recipe book similar to what mobile version of this game has, you could just tell them what to do and they could experiment on their own.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2020-06-30 16:42:36

The_Anabaptist

Now this seems like a good case for extending the power of the exile command.  The person exiled is removed from all family member gene scores.  Gives the leader an important and unique task.

The_Anabaptist

#7 2020-06-30 18:13:07

wondible

The_Anabaptist wrote:

Now this seems like a good case for extending the power of the exile command.  The person exiled is removed from all family member gene scores.  Gives the leader an important and unique task.

A bad leader exlie-killing everyone would suffer no penalty.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#8 2020-07-01 02:21:12

picado

i'd not like to curse new people.
but it's painful that our gene score is easily affected by out-of-game events such as noobs-flooding by steam sales, hell-updates like the food update and the gliching west march.
best strategy is not to play the game in the period, instead of adapting the situation.

#9 2020-07-01 08:34:27

Arcurus

picado wrote:

i'd not like to curse new people.
but it's painful that our gene score is easily affected by out-of-game events such as noobs-flooding by steam sales, hell-updates like the food update and the gliching west march.
best strategy is not to play the game in the period, instead of adapting the situation.

can understand, but it goes quite fast to get the genes back... maybe not a top top position, but a good position....

#10 2020-07-01 10:38:27

The_Anabaptist

wondible wrote:
The_Anabaptist wrote:

A bad leader exlie-killing everyone would suffer no penalty.

A king without followers is an easier target to kill.  But you do make a good point.  Perhaps the leader has to take a gene score hit for exiling?

The_Anabaptist

#11 2020-07-02 01:59:09

Gogo
Banned

Coconut Fruit wrote:

As for why cursed people count to your gene score. It's partially your fault if your babies (new players) disconnect soon after starting a game. If you don't teach them, it's very likely that they will disconnect. Lazy people would just curse new people instead of teaching them to prevent score loss.

I'm not responsible for nieces/nephews.

#12 2020-07-03 00:40:00

Karrots

Jojigirl wrote:

I let afk people die if I see they are like that their whole life pretty much...
I don't care about gene score, and I'm sure not going to waste resources on an AFK person..

I feed AFK girls, unless they have a bp, trousers, or some other important clothes on. Then they can die. If they're girls though, at least they'll have bbs which is contributing in their own way.

#13 2020-07-03 12:26:13

Catfive

I encourage exiling of afks, they sure as hell dont get fed lol!

#14 2020-07-03 19:05:59

Laskara

I cna absolutely confirm the wafe of AFKs and noobs is actually literally killing towns

last life I was ***literally*** the only person who knew what to do besides a griefer, I had to run around looking for the griefer while a noob saw me pick up and move a single already filled berry bowl after I said we needed to farm and then commented we had no shovel and hoe to farm with, then decided to fill every bowl in town with berries and beans while I saw that the griefer was breaking ovens and furnaces and had to run off to look for her.

every. bowl. in. town. How did she come to the conclusion that is what farming meant? Everyone was else was just running around screaming F.

Jason, you have to teach them about cooked food before they hit the main server. IDK why they're like this, please help us we can't handle them all at once like this

#15 2020-07-03 19:40:05

DestinyCall

It is a sad thing to see a game dying from too many new players trying to play at once.

#16 2020-07-03 22:34:15

happynova

I've seen a lot of newbies just pick craptons of berries and think they're helping, because if you're a farmer, then clearly you have to "harvest," right?  Honestly, you're probably lucky they were putting them in bowls instead of baskets.  Or just on the floor.

#17 2020-07-04 00:49:56

Catfive

how about 'how do i feed a sheep?' 'fill a bowl with berries and add a carrot to it' *comes back 15 minutes later and sees them asking someone else the same thing*, walk over and they have basket with 2 berries and a carrot in... explain a basket is not a bowl..

#18 2020-07-04 01:04:55

OneOfMany

How about a "Bless You" to both raise their gene score and make it more likely to play with them (bizarro curse)

Last edited by OneOfMany (2020-07-04 01:05:17)

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#19 2020-07-04 18:25:26

Catfive

OneOfMany wrote:

How about a "Bless You" to both raise their gene score and make it more likely to play with them (bizarro curse)

been asked for before yes. i think it's a great idea, the reverse curse.

Board footer