You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 13:22:06

Arcurus

Blessings - There are curses but there are not yet blessings

Here in the suggestion reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … e_not_yet/

- to bless someone you need to create a grave with a gravestone

- if you then sacrifice some food on the grave you bless this soul

- sacrificed food can be partially used if this soul is close to starving to death in next live

- in next lives you have a higher chance to reincarnate close to this souls or souls that this soul blessed

- this soul or souls that this soul blessed have a higher chance to reincarnate close to you

- you have 50% chance to recognize this soul if you meet it

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-01 13:27:13)

#2 2020-05-01 13:38:28

Crumpaloo

Re: Blessings - There are curses but there are not yet blessings

I like this idea, the cream of the crop rises to the top, respected members of the community can be known both in-game and out of game. This would allow for so many cool interactions between players, and make property fences more useful overall. If im crumpaloo and i see Tipy in game, we can both help each other support the village as vets in whatever we do as we do it together.

And while i know people are gonna say "why not just twin then?" to that i say have you ever seen a friend you play games with in a random lobby, and its super cool because even though the chances of you meeting are staggering you match none the less? That kind of feeling is one of the reasons i play games, and i hope everyone else does too. Cause in the end, a community built around a game is like one big dysfunctional family.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#3 2020-05-01 23:26:34

TheRubyCart

GO TO THE SUBREDDIT HE OWNS WHERE YOU CAN MAKE SUGGESTIONS HE MIGT ADD

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#4 2020-05-01 23:36:04

fug

TheRubyCart wrote:

GO TO THE SUBREDDIT HE OWNS WHERE YOU CAN MAKE SUGGESTIONS HE MIGT ADD

Posting things to the subreddit is taking your idea and dumping it into the trash. Suggestions go to the github or on the forums.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-05-02 02:41:41

pein

mask your idea as a bug, works 10% time every time
github Is the way to go I don't think he ever checks reddit, once he told me to post that idea there but then implemented a stupid slot system instead

this was many times

problems:
-griefers will act nice to get what they want
-roleplayers get massive benefit from talking even more

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2020-05-02 07:48:33

Arcurus

thx for the comments!

pein wrote:

mask your idea as a bug, works 10% time every time
github Is the way to go I don't think he ever checks reddit, once he told me to post that idea there but then implemented a stupid slot system instead

this was many times

problems:
-griefers will act nice to get what they want
-roleplayers get massive benefit from talking even more

To the reddit, i posted it already there first before i placed it in here. But since there are not many people i always cross post the idea here and link it (see first link in the post). But if someone happen to miss it here again:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … e_not_yet/

Posting it as bug in github.... yea, feels little bit strange, a suggestion does not fit in one of the two bug categories there, but who knows if more people are positive i may try to place it as "curse bug"... in away everything can be seen as a bug...

to the mentioned problems:
- once a griefer is cursed, the curse hinders him to incarnate close
- to roleplayers, i like roleplaying, maybe others not so much, if they roleplaye too much i guess with the current updates they so or so will starve to death very soon

I think in many civilizations taking care of the dead was a big thing. but currently its not really awarded in OHOL.

For the curse system i also have an idea:
- As long as the body is just a bone pile, or a grave without a stone, or a a so called "cursed grave"" you cannot incarnate in this family, or close by
- If you place a flat stone on a bone pile it becomes a not decaying "cursed grave"
- other souls can add to the curse by putting round stones to a cursed grave
- in each way it counts as if the soul (player) cursed the other soul as long as the stone is not removed
- removing stones should be limited per time (for example 1 stone per 10 min)
- for each stone added to a cursed grave the soul looses some of his sacrificed next life food (see above)

#7 2020-05-02 08:23:14

Tipy

In Decemebr 2018 Jason shot down the idea of blessing because he would NEVER add anything remotly magical to the game and that curses and the abillity to fucking respawn were some hard exceptions he had to make.

And he never added magical systems since

Oh wait...

Build bell towers not apocalypse towers

#8 2020-05-02 09:54:22

Arcurus

Tipy wrote:

In Decemebr 2018 Jason shot down the idea of blessing because he would NEVER add anything remotly magical to the game and that curses and the abillity to fucking respawn were some hard exceptions he had to make.

Oh wait...

looll!

Sorry, getting little bit philosophical:
for me the hole world is pure magic, like a dream, if you and the people you "play" together are believing  in the same dream / the same rules it becomes "reality" and you start to think you cannot change it.... the rules somehow become not magic anymore, since they are accepted as so called "reality". You think you cannot change the rules, because you will loose the others who play along with you.
Even the existence of water is a miracle, even more so that it most of the time comes out of the shower if you open the tap.  if you live some time in India, getting water from a shower becomes a miracle again...

One of the deep foundation this universe seems to function is with frequencies / law of resonance, in short same things appear again and again in similar situations until the frequency is changed.
In away its like magic to play a certain sound and the sound can if "it" gets in resonance  "incarnate" again and bring something to move. But its only magic if you dont see / hear the sound. same with magnets, kind of magic why should souls /consciousness work in anyway different then magnets with pulling away and close other certain souls that are (not) in resonance with each other.

Maybe the shocking thing in this case may be, that you would get tons of responsibiliy out of that, since every very small act changes your frequency and therefore changes not only what you attract in this life, it may change also what you attract in next life. Thats tons of responsibility and not even death can "save" you. I guess therefore in this game (i mean THE GAME) of the universe there seems to be build in some kind of magic, the magic of surrendering, so that your individual frequency can balance out with the universe again, like a wound which heals itself if it is not kept open, but in way thats also not so much more magic, since this is like systems normally function, they tend to balance themself out over time again if kept  un manipulated.

What seems more like magic to me is to appear by random somewhere out of nothing (even this is not fully random in this game, like more daughters or eves if needed), or to incarnate according to the law of resonance, like the tasks you did before. That does not mean, that you incarnate always in so called "good" circumstances. especially experienced players may like to incarnate in hard circumstances where urgent need is required. So why not give players with "better genes" more ability to choose about their incarnations?

In away calling the current "genes" genes is misleading, since they are transferred from one life to another even if not born in the same family, so in away they are more like "spiritual genes".  Letting these influence your "Random" incarnation in away would be just logical and does already for eves.

By the way creating true RANDOM in computer systemes is one of the hard problems. Most of the RADMOM used actually is not RANDOM, its just an algorithm which all the times gives the same results if done in the same order. so it just pretends to be RANDOM. You can say, but its started with a RANDOM value, but from where to get this random value? from the user? are his actions true random? from the time the algorithm is started? is this random? from the cosmic rays or atomic background? are these really random?

its a great experiment to try out what is random in your life. was the accident really random? Or where you distracted?  If so by what? Did the so called good or bad came out of no where, or was there a sequence of actions that led to this point? What brought another person into your life?

Once i had a funny dream. I played a board game, where you fight with your armies by roiling dices. In the beginning i had no clue about the rules, so i was resisted to fight, since i didnt not know the rules, then i learned them more and more and became better and better, but once i found out that i could influence rolling the result of the dices also, all the fear was gone.

As said i guess the hard point is to take the responsibility of the consequences if there would be no random, or not that much random as he normally believe in, since if nothing is random, either you are responsible for everything no matter if so called good or bad, or you are responsible for nothing, since all is predefined .... in both ways have fun!

So much to philosophy, hope this was not too much!

All the good!

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-02 11:08:27)

#9 2020-05-02 10:26:18

Crumpaloo

Tipy wrote:

Oh wait...

One thing ill say. Real trust? Is something built over years upon years, not one hour, the kind of trust that creates leaders, who make police, which perform security, for your family that you trust no matter what.

Jason understands this, thats why he made the genetic fitness score, so people would ARTIFICIALLY care about their children in place of a REAL sense of caring, because that would be impossible.

The same way nobody here REALLY trusts each-other in-game, we need a ARTIFICIAL system that can dictate who we can trust. If not, theres no way any kind of social structure can be formed,a.k.a the whole point of the game...

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#10 2020-05-02 11:07:09

Arcurus

Crumpaloo wrote:

Jason understands this, thats why he made the genetic fitness score, so people would ARTIFICIALLY care about their children in place of a REAL sense of caring, because that would be impossible.

The same way nobody here REALLY trusts each-other in-game, we need a ARTIFICIAL system that can dictate who we can trust. If not, theres no way any kind of social structure can be formed,a.k.a the whole point of the game...

+1

With the current genetic score i see the following problems:
1. Its hard or impossible to take in many cases responsibility
- noobs start to high in genetic score, so noobs tend to decrease your score. a fix would be to let start noobs with the average noobs life time as genetic age
- often you are punished with your genetics if its out of your hands, like grand children, that can be fixed by only counting if you still live. same is true for small children (maybe its fixed already now have to check).
- even for your own genetics you should only become responsible after you can take care of your own
- if born into starving families / tons of others starve to death near you, this should also be considered in the genetics (like considering the current family average age)
- you dont get much hints normally if your relative is starving to death. here a sign / arrow and some different color / face expression  could help to give you a  greater chance to help. many noobs just starve to death, because they dont know the basics of eating.

2. genetics is currently not familiy based / does not increase incarnating in a family
- having good genetics should increase your chance to incarnate in the same family again. isnt it, that genetics is some kind of incarnation in real life? why not take it as such?

3. genetic is not yet relevant for incarnation except for eves
- wouldnt it be more natural if high genetic score souls incarnate other high genetic souls more likely? Of course for noobs there should be an exception where an high genetic soul can opt in to willingly take care more of noobs. its also just fair in this case that they will benefit also genetically through that.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-02 11:07:48)

Board footer