One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-26 02:33:59

Brans

No Wild Foods for an Eve

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I just spawned in twice in a row as an Eve -- both times in the midst of bears with not a scrap of food in sight. Every dead town is waterless, ironless, or both. As soon as I raised a baby, I was then competing for foragables. I died young each time, and now I have to take a break from the game because I don't want to destroy my gene score even more than I already have.
Families seem to be dying out early and often. Part of the problem is the dependency on certain races of people (I honestly miss the old days when anyone could pick a banana).
Now, wild foods don't respawn, so there are probably a lot of Eves spawning into food-wastelands. I tried to follow markers to other towns with no luck. It's too dang hard unless you get a really lucky spawn. To put some perspective on this problem, I'm a competent player and I have a zoom-out mod. Also, this is the first time I've written in the forums or complained about anything since I bought the game in the summer of 2018.

#2 2020-04-26 02:39:46

Grim_Arbiter

Re: No Wild Foods for an Eve

I've definitely seen it mentioned on discord.

Eve is pretty screwed right now.. he might need to double the initial wild foods spawn rate if this food situation is staying the same.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2020-04-26 04:05:14

Coconut Fruit

Probably after the server reset (Thursday) Eve spawn position was restarted too, but map wasn't wiped. Therefore Eves spawn in old occupied locations with all wild food eaten in these areas.

"Eves are placed in a zigzag pattern spreading out to the west, which looks like this:"
48HSIcX.png

I think someone should report this issue in github, maybe Eve spawn location shouldn't be restarted together with the server.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2020-04-26 12:23:56

pein

sI pawned twice as a white Eve near the old brown town, I knew there is 2 cities nearby so first I went to north, 0  food anywhere, next I went to ginger town with the pittbull glitched, there was food but 2 guys too, sso I had babies outside and was not able to keep them, then my other girl left on a horse. I set up the double well town to my return and I was able to pseudo eve it next life

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer