One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-24 20:51:25

Crumpaloo

Mass Cursed for Calling out a Griefer?

Got born into a big town and wanted to see how many tacos i could make, so i gathered a ton of limestone to make tacos. However since the town didn't have much water i decided to go to a pond to get the water, so i brought my cart of limestone to the pond. Then some random guy came up and stole it, so i cursed him, i tried to find it but gave up searching, so i just tried to remake the limestone, then i saw the person again and tried to get people to curse him, manage to get another person to do it. Then when i tried to convince a group of people he stole stuff meant to make food they wouldn't believe me, and ended up cursing me instead! Even killed me! Probably racked up like six or seven curses. 

What kinda backwards community curses the person calling out the people that do this?

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#2 2020-04-24 21:07:31

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: Mass Cursed for Calling out a Griefer?

You are SUCH A FUCKING LIAR and a HUGE hypocrite.

We literally spent our entire lives making tacos. We got a lot of limestone too. Who's to say it was yours? Everything is free game. We were using it to benefit the town and made a fuck ton of food.

And THAT IS NOT WHY THEY KILLED YOU.

They killed you because you were hoarding food and supplies in property fences. I can prove it.
killer

That's the guy that killed you.

This is you: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6158532

You were running around begging people to mass curse my friend! We were not fucking griefing and you were making people curse her! You're the griefer here.

How dare you fucking make a post like this when you know for a fact you were begging people to curse someone who did nothing wrong.

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2020-04-24 21:13:31)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2020-04-24 21:14:33

Crumpaloo

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

You are SUCH A FUCKING LIAR and a HUGE hypocrite.

We literally spent our entire lives making tacos. We got a lot of limestone too. Who's to say it was yours? Everything is free game. We were using it to benefit the town and made a fuck ton of food.

And THAT IS NOT WHY THEY KILLED YOU.

They killed you because you were hoarding food and supplies in property fences. I can prove it.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

That's the guy that killed you.

You were running around begging people to mass curse my friend! We were not fucking griefing and you were making people curse her! You're the griefer here.

How dare you fucking make a post like this when you know for a fact you were begging people to curse someone who did nothing wrong.

Curse her? It wasn't a her, it was a he in-game and the guy in question had stolen from me in the past, so i cursed him because he wouldn't stop, and what do you mean hoarding food in a property fence? I had a couple things of dried corn to make tacos for my village, which you guys stopped me from making when you chose to steal all the limstone i was trying to make, what a clown...

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#4 2020-04-24 21:22:19

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

It's a her IRL. She's my friend. She wasn't stealing. We were making TACOS. WE WERE MAKING FOOD. We were twice your age and had been gathering supplies and making tacos the entire time.

Nothing is yours. You think half the pork I made wasn't eatten? You don't see me on here crying and lying about it. You grow up and keep working.
You get supplies for the town. Nothing is anyone's and that's why you were killed. Hoarding stuff behind fences claiming it's yours.

Worst of all is you're a hypocrite. Coming in here complaining about mass cursing when you got my friend about 4 curses when she worked her entire life feeding that town. You deserve every curse you got.

I also /blush.

#5 2020-04-24 21:24:39

MrGold

COUNTER TERRORESTS WIN..

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#6 2020-04-24 21:48:11

Crumpaloo

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

It's a her IRL. She's my friend. She wasn't stealing. We were making TACOS. WE WERE MAKING FOOD. We were twice your age and had been gathering supplies and making tacos the entire time.

Nothing is yours. You think half the pork I made wasn't eatten? You don't see me on here crying and lying about it. You grow up and keep working.
You get supplies for the town. Nothing is anyone's and that's why you were killed. Hoarding stuff behind fences claiming it's yours.

Worst of all is you're a hypocrite. Coming in here complaining about mass cursing when you got my friend about 4 curses when she worked her entire life feeding that town. You deserve every curse you got.

I never claimed all that food as my own, in fact, she didn't steal food from me, she stole it from the village, all the food i was gonna make was gonna do directly to the village after being made, and your friend stole that from us. So yes she got cursed for that. Even if you argue everything belongs to everyone she still stole it from all of us, as i never found that cart.

Also i love how you understand that people eat pork meant for tacos and yet complain about me making a property fence to prevent that sort of thing, seems your just content being stuck in a endless loop of players eating worse food meant for better ones, meanwhile im actually doing something about it instead of just taking it.

In the end, your friend stole from the village and got cursed, meanwhile i did nothing but try to help the village by making pork tacos and ended up getting stopped from doing so by you two griefers, your logic that somehow im the one to cause for this is flawed at best, your friend did this, not me.

Last edited by Crumpaloo (2020-04-24 21:50:58)

#7 2020-04-24 21:55:15

MrGold

Crumpaloo wrote:

I never claimed all that food as my own, in fact, she didn't steal food from me, she stole it from the village, all the food i was gonna make was gonna do directly to the village after being made, and your friend stole that from us. So yes she got cursed for that. Even if you argue everything belongs to everyone she still stole it from all of us, as i never found that cart.

Also i love how you understand that people eat pork meant for tacos and yet complain about me making a property fence to prevent that sort of thing, seems your just content being stuck in a endless loop of players eating worse food meant for better ones, meanwhile im actually doing something about it instead of just taking it.

In the end, your friend stole from the village and got cursed, meanwhile i did nothing but try to help the village by making pork tacos and ended up getting stopped from doing so by you two griefers, your logic that somehow im the one to cause for this is flawed at best, your friend did this, not me.

You stole they did now they said you made property fences and in case of that. It's theft from the family why are you lying? Just agree and this can end on a Good Note.

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#8 2020-04-24 21:58:10

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Ah yes. She stole it because she didn't let you put all of it behind a fence and instead made Masa dough with it. She should've let it sit behind your fence! OF COURSE. THAT'S FOR THE TOWN.

Meanwhile you're running around begging everyone for 5 mins to curse her while we're pumping out plates of tacos without baskets of food behind a fence.

I'm done arguing with you. Your brain works as slow as you do making tacos.

I also /blush.

#9 2020-04-24 22:00:07

Jojigirl

If the person went up and directly took the cart she had with her while she was using it and in the middle of her own project they deserved to be cursed..

If I gathered all of that on my own and had it by me in the middle of doing what I had set out to do and he came up and just took the stuff I gathered, needed and was clearly using, I would have killed and cursed him/her for that as well because that would just piss me off. It's rude to take things from people that you see are clearly using for their own project!

Communication is key.. It wouldn't have hurt to ask what the intentions were with the fence.. Sometimes it is easier to use a fence to work on a project, because people end up taking what you gathered/need then it takes you even longer to finish what you were doing..  If she had asked, then she could have explained that you both were making tacos as well and to come and join.. No need for unnecessary drama because people don't know how to communicate instead of flat out taking stuff from other people that they are clearly using.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-04-24 22:06:08)

#10 2020-04-24 22:09:10

Crumpaloo

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Ah yes. She stole it because she didn't let you put all of it behind a fence and instead made Masa dough with it. She should've let it sit behind your fence! OF COURSE. THAT'S FOR THE TOWN.

Meanwhile you're running around begging everyone for 5 mins to curse her while we're pumping out plates of tacos without baskets of food behind a fence.

I'm done arguing with you. Your brain works as slow as you do making tacos.

I spent half my life getting slaked limestone for pork tacos and your friend hides all of it, she gets cursed, if she didnt hide it, she wouldnt of gotten cursed. You cannot reasonably think that destroying someones project that took that long is just fine and dandy do you? If i go into the village bakery and steal all of the pie crusts is that fair game to you also, and if so where does it stop? Do you just brush off people taking diesel engines also? Honestly...

#11 2020-04-24 22:12:51

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

HID IT. LMAO

BRO. WE MADE. T A C O S WITH IT.

That's why you couldn't find it?????? I told you 50 fucking times we had a taco work station and we were constantly pumping them out.

Holy fucking shit. Why are you still LYING

I also /blush.

#12 2020-04-24 22:14:42

pein

I got cursed cause an idiot stole my bowls and I mentioned it

like 'oh water so important"

still won't make it right to steal the bowls I collect from the wild
we still ahd water, we still ahd pond water
the whole bakery collapsed around cause I couldn't make the limestone in time

I didn't even care that he takes it after, but once I put the limestone in bowls, why don't you fucking wait I finish with it?
you can do other things until, like make fucking charcoal, it's pure laziness

wait for others to finish their job
don't use the horse for bullshit
walk 30 tiles to get pond water
you can wait fucking 2 minutes and be useful until then.
he acted so smart but wasted the water on bushes. the family died out.
also why curse when you are the one who is the asshole?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2020-04-24 22:22:38

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

also why curse when you are the one who is the asshole?

Shit has to come out of assholes one way or another.  It's their nature.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#14 2020-04-24 22:29:24

Legs

p5UicG2.png

Loco Motion

#15 2020-04-24 22:31:09

Legs

Who's griefing comes down to who's the better liar. The thief had her shithead griefer friend Slinky to back her up so they made you the griefer. It doesn't matter that they were wrong. They lied better. That's what matters.

Loco Motion

#16 2020-04-24 22:59:47

Crumpaloo

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

HID IT. LMAO

BRO. WE MADE. T A C O S WITH IT.

That's why you couldn't find it?????? I told you 50 fucking times we had a taco work station and we were constantly pumping them out.

Holy fucking shit. Why are you still LYING

This is just dumb, ima stop responding.

#17 2020-04-24 23:09:19

Cantface

It's a dick move to take something someone was using for sure, but it happens so often in OHOL and everyone feels fucking entitled to everything so there's nothing you can really do. Join thol to get some actual work done. Plus ppl are generally nicer there I've heard.

Breasticles

#18 2020-04-24 23:13:31

DestinyCall

It sounds to me like you were both trying to make tacos at the same time and got in each others way.    This whole situation could have been avoided with a little communication.

Slinky's friend should have asked before taking supplies away from another working villager.    That was rude.   I can understand why Cumpaloo was upset, since he was actively working on an important project and had his supplies yoinked without permission or explanation. 

However, rude behavior doesn't mean "griefer".   I can understand cursing the thief yourself, but trying to organize a mass-cursing over a stolen cart of limestone seems like over-kill.   And a huge waste of time that could have been spent doing more productive things.

If Crumpaloo had talked with Slinky's friend about the missing cart, he could have learned about the taco station and realized that the village wasn't robbed of potential food after all.  The tacos got made by someone else.    Working together, they could have made twice as many tacos ... and even some burritos!

#19 2020-04-24 23:15:12

antking:]#

you know I smell something fishy going on here ….....

while my personal bias would lead me to believe that Slinky was in the right let's look at everything here

Crumpaloo claims that Slinky's friend (I'll call her Slinky2.0) stole his limestone for pork tacos while he went with his cart of limestone to get water, and then asked for his fellow villager's to curse Slinky2.0, but then got cursed himself

Slinky, claims that they found all their limestone from the wild, and that the reason that the town cursed Crumpaloo was because of his use of Property fences, and for running around asking for people to cures Slinky2.0

Now the first problem with these stories is that, why did Crumpaloo bring his cart of limestone to a swamp? Like he claims it's because the village was running low on water (not that hard to believe) but why do you bring a cart filled with limestone to a pond to collect water? now you might say "Well Ant he needed to keep his limestone" but if we were to believe Slinky then that would mean the Crumpaloo would have no reason to bring his cart of lime with him to the swamp as he had his own property fence, now Crumpallo admits that he was using a property fence so why then did he bring a cart of limestone to a swamp? like you could say that he was planning on making slaked lime but you first need to forge all your limestone before you need to water it....

this has lead me to believe that Crumpaloo is lying, and is trying to frame Slinky2.0 for something she didn't do, while claiming to be the innocent taco maker... I feel as thought this story was made up in order to curse Slinky2.0 in game and when people started to curse Crumpaloo instead Slinky2.0 he got frustrated his rouse didn't work and instead tried to top hat the community by claiming that it's the one that is "Backward"

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#20 2020-04-24 23:23:35

testo

What could have happened....

- Hey I don´t like your fence why are you hoarding all that stuff?
- I´m trying to make tacos for everyone.
- Welp I guess it´s ok then.

What I read that happened:

- This asshole is hoarding stuff in a fence PROPERTY IS THEFT HUMPA LUMPA!!! give me that cart!!! Slinky you are a pro tell everyone to curse and kill him!!!
- Dude stop stealing my stuff i´m trying to make something for everyone, you are an idiot *curse*
- NOO everything is FOR THE TOWN, I´ve been making food all this time, nothing is yours (everything´s mine? lol) I decide you are a griefer because you play with property fences!!! let´s kill him. *mass curses everywhere*

Is that an accurate description?

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#21 2020-04-24 23:30:37

Legs

My personal bias would lead me to believe that trying to stop a griefer (especially a griefer with a griefer friend) will only get you labeled as a griefer yourself, then cursed and murdered because you tried to grief the griefer by stopping them from griefing.

People in this game are stupid and gullible and prone to believing lies over the truth. Most of all, the best way for someone to grief... is to curse and kill the only person trying to stop it. That's what nobody understands about cursing, it works both ways. If you're observant enough to notice a griefer, their attention shifts towards using curse abuse to grief YOU personally. Putting the good guy in donkey town is the best kind of win for them. If they do it a few times, there are no more good guys around for a whole month.

There are two ways to deal with this. Passively allow griefers to do whatever they want and just let towns die. If you try to stop them, you will lose and end up in donkey town. Either that, or join in and abuse curses as hard as you can every life until they get fixed. In its current incarnation, there is no good use for cursing. It's only used to grief.

Loco Motion

#22 2020-04-24 23:57:30

Legs

That falls under the category of 'passively allow them to destroy the town' unfortunately.

Loco Motion

#23 2020-04-25 00:02:36

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I'll tell what happened from my point of view.

Me and my friend spend our lives growing corn, collecting water, killing pigs and just doing all the normal taco stuff. We do that our entire lives. At some point my friend says "I was just cursed randomly" and we just laugh it off, that's how ohol is sometimes. We contuine working. We did notice the property fence at some point. We were just like "damn" they had all the dried corn in it that I grew. It was annoying but I didn't care too much and contuined on. Maybe 10 mins later I see "Curse my friend they're a thief" and I go over and am like "No they're not we've been making food this entire time" completely ignores me and just contuines to spam it to people. My friend is being cursed, so I just start to type over and over that they're not a thief we're cooking tacos. They don't ever respond to me and just contuine to spam it to people. I have no idea why they're calling my friend a thief, they never explained it once. After 3-5 mins of arguing people start cursing her. I assume it's because of the argument but when the posse is formed they're screaming about the property fence and how there's baskets of food in it and how she won't share the rights.

She dies. We die. I scroll through the forums and see absolute bullshit lies. I got proof of the lies and Bam. Here we are.

I have no idea who you are, but I am not a griefer. My friend isn't a griefer.

Asking people to curse someone who has done nothing wrong is disgusting. Then to come and lie about it and COMPLAIN about being cursed for "no reason" is even worse. We spent our entire lives making food and you call us griefers because you felt like you were wronged and never looked at it from any other point of view. You never tried to talk to us, or listen. YOU started this. Next time try to fucking think shit out more before you try to turn a town against someone who is innocent.

I also /blush.

#24 2020-04-25 00:46:33

Legs

Curse DiscardedSlinky

Last edited by Legs (2020-04-25 00:46:44)

Loco Motion

#25 2020-04-25 01:09:35

AmberA

As an outside observer, it sounds like both you are were doing good, separately you both had chosen to work on making tacos and it sounds like you both are telling the truth but anger is getting in the way.

What sounds like happened:

-Guy has cart of taco supplies and takes it to go get water. Set the cart down while he went to get the water.
-Girl sees cart, doesn't see that Guy is nearby and takes cart because it has the supplies she needs.
-Guy sees his supplies being used, never finds cart, assumes Girl is thief and acts appropriately.
-Guy builds fence to protect his supplies from thief and warns town against thief.
-Guy probably too forceful in trying to get town against Girl and is then punished himself.

If this is what happened, I'd suggest let it go. It was mostly a missed communication, bad assumption from Guy, and overzealous anti-thief measure from Guy as well. In the end Tacos were made, it's just a game, let it go.

Last edited by AmberA (2020-04-25 01:09:58)

Board footer