One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-13 01:22:53

Toxic
Banned

I want a refund Jason.

Recently I have really lost interest in this game, every update makes the game have more restrictions. Updates are meant to make the game expand in content not restrict content that was already included. This game is no longer a game where the player starts fresh and builds with others but just a game where the player can’t do half the stuff that was possible in previous updates. Jason you also haven’t been true to your new content ever week promise that you made when releasing the game. At this point I just want a refund I have bought this game on many different steam accounts and I want a refund on all of them.

Please direct me on how I can get the refund.

#2 2020-04-13 02:49:09

Coconut Fruit

Re: I want a refund Jason.

You played this game for about a year, I don't think you can get a refund, and it's mean to even ask for it in this case.

Just chill... Perhaps biome restrictions will be removed and this game will be great again tongue

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-04-13 03:12:37

Jojigirl

Coconut Fruit wrote:

You played this game for about a year, I don't think you can get a refund, and it's mean to even ask for it in this case.

Not just mean but highly unreasonable and I would not be surprised if Jason refused a refund.. 

Toxic, you have had this game wayyy to long and have clocked in many many hours on it.. You loved it enough to even purchase more accounts..  Just because over a year later you are not happy with the update, you decide to ask for a refund, refunds do NOT work like that!

That's like trying to get a refund on a pair of shoes that you have worn for over a year and once they are no longer new, shiny and comfortable, you decide to try to return them.. lmao  It just don't work that way!

#4 2020-04-13 03:31:21

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Please email me for a refund:

jasonrohrer AT fastmail DOT fm

#5 2020-04-13 05:21:11

testo

Jojigirl wrote:
Coconut Fruit wrote:

Not just mean but highly unreasonable and I would not be surprised if Jason refused a refund.. 

Toxic, you have had this game wayyy to long and have clocked in many many hours on it.. You loved it enough to even purchase more accounts..  Just because over a year later you are not happy with the update, you decide to ask for a refund, refunds do NOT work like that!

That's like trying to get a refund on a pair of shoes that you have worn for over a year and once they are no longer new, shiny and comfortable, you decide to try to return them.. lmao  It just don't work that way!

I am quite sure the pair of shoes analogy doesn´t work here, the software Jason provides is still the same wheter you use it or not. Not that it matters anyways because what he sells is access to his severs (afaik) and that has actually changed given the new updates and game restrictions. I have no idea about this legally, but I think it is not so straightfoward as you put it.

I agree asking for a refund over $20 is unreasonable if you played more than 3 months tough.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2020-04-13 06:37:49

Jojigirl

So he basically played for over a year for free..

That's just fucking ridiculous on his end no matter how you put it!  He got more than his money's worth of play.. So I don't see how the shoe analogy does not work, he literally used and abused the game many times over.. It's fucking scummy as hell to even asking for a refund after this long. Speaks volumes about his character as a person. IMO

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-04-13 06:41:47)

#7 2020-04-13 06:49:22

Toxic
Banned

I know I’ve played this game for a long time and I absolutely loved it. However the new updates just ruined my experience and I won’t ask for refunds on my main account only my extras since I mainly bought those too support the game more and bring in some sales. Now however I don’t think I’ll ever play this game until it changes so that’s why I have decided to get an refund in my alts but my main account will stay.

#8 2020-04-13 08:04:42

sigmen4020

jasonrohrer wrote:

Please email me for a refund:

jasonrohrer AT fastmail DOT fm

If you seriously want a refund then do this Toxic.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#9 2020-04-13 09:44:27

st2019

Jojigirl wrote:

That's just fucking ridiculous on his end no matter how you put it!  He got more than his money's worth of play.. So I don't see how the shoe analogy does not work, he literally used and abused the game many times over.. It's fucking scummy as hell to even asking for a refund after this long. Speaks volumes about his character as a person. IMO

Think further: It's a very easy way to get rid of an annoying griefer and her multiple accounts. As long as Jason is blocking her for new accounts ...

Last edited by st2019 (2020-04-13 09:44:52)

I'm an expert for: Sharp Stones

#10 2020-04-13 09:51:19

testo

Jojigirl wrote:

Relax, I agree with most of you say. However, acting scummy or not as a good person doesn´t mean you are not right. I repeat: I don´t have the full knowledge in this situation to justify the legality of the problem.

This is not about how much did someone play in a time lapse. The game offers extended lifetime access to the servers and that is being put to question.

The shoe analogy doesn´t work because this shoe is not getting less value out of it by someone using it. If the game was so good that the playerbase started growing and the accounts started going up in value one could even say that by playing the game and helping find loopholes Toxic increased the value of his subscriptions.

I am not going to keep this exchange for sake of sanity, I don´t know the details. All I´m saying is:

It´s not so straighforward as saying "this is right or wrong".

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#11 2020-04-13 13:44:40

pein

he has like 4 accounts so he can refund 3 of them no? big_smile

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2020-04-13 14:40:54

Elsayal

Yes !

Let's all buy 5 more accounts, spam scum on the forum with one or two, use 3 or 4 of them to grief towns (because why not) and one to have normal life(s), then just ask for refund.

Why not.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#13 2020-04-13 22:55:43

karltown_veteran

Boo hoo. You got a solid year of fun gameplay, 20 dollars should surely cover that. Hope you feel proud of yourself for stealing  money from a hardworking man with 3 kids to support.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#14 2020-04-13 23:01:49

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

y'all are pathetic.  why do y'all have to be so septic?  for literally no reason.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#15 2020-04-14 00:38:14

Toxic
Banned

If Jason is willing to give me a refund anyone else here shouldn’t have a problem, plus he knows he hasn’t lived to his promises that’s why he gives refunds so easily.

I have like 4 accounts and I don’t wanna keep all of them for a game that I don’t even enjoy anymore not due to me getting bored but due to the creator making it an absolute shit show where players can’t really do much.

#16 2020-04-14 00:48:00

sigmen4020

Toxic wrote:

If Jason is willing to give me a refund anyone else here shouldn’t have a problem, plus he knows he hasn’t lived to his promises that’s why he gives refunds so easily.

I wouldn't assume this intent, since Jason has basically always had this generous refund policy.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-04-14 00:48:16)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer