One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-12 03:41:44

fug

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Played about three lives with the food nerf and I'll state it right away: Just tuning numbers isn't going to fix the issue, however there were some good and definitely bad things that came with these lives.

The good:

- It's pretty nice seeing people working together and trying to make things work. All my lives took place in my fishing area where about half the gingers migrated when the main town was going to shit. Feels good seeing a group work together and (try) to keep things moving smooth.

The bad:

- No one can really teach in such a chaotic environment especially something that wasn't really meta anyways. How do we fix the nets? Why can't I use this fishing rod? Where do worms come from? Sorry kids, I'm trying to get these things and I'm the only person doing it which means I have no time to teach.

The ugly:
- The people who were already eating bad foods make things incredibly difficult. Can't repair the nets if all the berries and carrots are eaten by locusts ignore the mutton and pies. People setting down skewers on other skewers are accidentally making knitting needles which makes it hard to feed people because now on top of other things we need more skewers again.

The good:

- With food values being different there's now a newish meta to try to figure out.

The bad:

- Holy shit are there now just a bunch of terrible foods that solely exist to yum off of. Watching people grow onions, carrots, or tomatoes is cringeworthy. Carrot pies? My god please stop.

The ugly:

- Please Jesus, get them away from the carrots... they're eating six carrots at a time to fill up and it's honestly killing me inside. A berry bush is 14 pips, a row of carrots is 15. These numbers are terrible like absolutely abysmal because they're not balanced around anything besides being half value. This is the issue food had before but now people stuff themselves with even more crappy food.

My takeaway from this little experience is that its cool seeing people try new meta stuff and working together, however... none of this is balanced and wasn't really balanced before any of the test. You can't teach anyone in a world where you're trying to keep them fed when they don't know what they should be eating.

PS. Remove the diesel engine from going into a scrap box unless you add an rng chance that it breaks and requires being scrapped. This by far has only been something used to grief towns even with kerosene which is just plain dumb.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#2 2020-04-12 08:29:17

Elsayal

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly.

fug wrote:

The ugly:

- Please Jesus, get them away from the carrots... they're eating six carrots at a time to fill up and it's honestly killing me inside. A berry bush is 14 pips, a row of carrots is 15. These numbers are terrible like absolutely abysmal because they're not balanced around anything besides being half value. This is the issue food had before but now people stuff themselves with even more crappy food.

Try to stop them.
Shoot them.
Explain why.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#3 2020-04-12 09:29:26

Gogo
Banned

I lived there, nice place (I made road for that snow biome and I was sad because no one used it, but now they do! ;>>). Outsiders can't stole kero from snow, we can bring water from ponds. For some time we can be quite independent from others, even strike against race restrictions.

#4 2020-04-12 12:29:15

testo

I played there today and since fishing is not my thing I made that awesome four cow milk factory with some boards. I recycled some stuff from the main town. It is a pretty big noobtrap atm, there is literally no food or buckets there, people go there to die.

I got a horse and upgraded with some tires, collected water and farmed some basics. After some mild exploring around went to the browns and made a map, they were just starting, gifted them a knife and turkey. Blacks are just too far away atm and I can´t find whites. Next time there I could go east and get some iron and steel but I think it is not even worth it, there is still a shallow well south.

Unless it gets severely raided that outpost can survive forever.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#5 2020-04-12 12:36:14

miskas

I loved this outpost BTW, especially the cow farm factory!

Tar I pimped your Outpost with a Carrot warehouse as well smile
screen00078.png

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-12 12:37:17)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2020-04-12 15:21:49

wondible

Couple rough lives yesterday.

Born to a psuedo-eve. With no early-gen bonus, 3-pip starter carrots don't take you very far.

Somehow got a eve. (Really thrown off because I was just coming back from showing some people eve start on low pop, and my score is still recovering from an update eve baby flood) Saw a well gradient, went down (not very far at all) to see; Looked around a bit to see if I wanted to use it, then saw the well wasn't abandoned - I couldn't live there if I wanted to. Left, didn't think about taking some food from them; ran past empty berry bushes and carrotless plains to starve.

Got born to another race; got a message that my lady Eve Cici had died. (Rough times with two families dying at once.) They seemed to have moved into an abandoned town, with no ability to generate water. Very little food; I made some milk and a bit of wheat for pies, which we couldn't cook. I found some kindling to start a fire and used the only load of charcoal to make an axe from the only piece of scrap, so we could continue to have fire. Food variety was better by the end, but I think I was the last (male) in the town. Another race man wandered by, but we couldn't communicate.

Next life I was in Cici again, but different reclaimed town.  A lot more people and just enough food (hunted a few turkeys, and they went fast), but kind of the same story, just farther along the recovery, living off cistern water. Neither town had iron, and if they settled there, they probably didn't create iron.

Not that we had kerosene, but I also saw that 11 engines were scrapped in the Friday-Saturday maplog.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

Board footer