One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-07 10:16:04

Don Holm

Time Mr. Jason, is it really that time again?

Is one hour enough time to enjoy our one life, lot of opinions are there about this topic, but we are not here to change the time, we are here to save it from being wasted. So what are the time consuming and boring tasks that every generation has to go through it and can be avoided?

1. Seeds: Every one of us has to deal with the seed scattered all around the town each life, takes up our space and waste our time finding a space for them, how to solve this? The answer is "SEED BAGS", seeds are very small, and the idea of only five carrot seeds fit in a bowl is so painful, so solution is a seed bag that fit big amount of seeds, no more using bowls for storing few seeds.

2. Watering can: We can make a bucket but we can't make a watering can? How long we will use bowls to water our crops? We are stuck on this primitive way of watering for so long now.

3. Dead lamps and pigs: Can they de-spawn faster?

4. Mutton and pork: Can they be stacked rather than one on each tile?

I can think of more stuff but those are the urgent things we need atm, and I'm sure the comments from the community can provide more information about the tasks that are wasting our precious hour life.

Last edited by Don Holm (2020-04-07 10:18:32)

#2 2020-04-07 18:55:04

x_Raiema_x

Re: Time Mr. Jason, is it really that time again?

im willing to bet that if watering cans were added, they'd probably waste water or something really stupid like that. but as for the rest of the suggestions i 100% agree. dead lambs take FOREVER to despawn, and ik we can use garbage pits, but that wastes a shovel use. maybe for the seed bag, we could make it out of two paper? like the little seed packs in stores. i think that'd be neat

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

#3 2020-04-07 19:08:16

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

I personally hate seed clutter, I 'water' any bowl that is a duplicate for any seed except carrot (which I allow 2 bowls of seed for).  there is literally no reason to have 2 bowls of any other crop period.  Bowls of gooseberry seeds get thrown out the window in rage.....JK but seriously? Seed bags would be OK but I feel like we would still have seed clutter everywhere.  not to mention the dang bean pods that are everywhere.  I've played umpteen million hours and that's one of my favorite things to do.. .clean up and consolidate seeds and bowls.  It's magic the amount of clay bowls that are miraculously available.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#4 2020-04-07 19:31:15

Spoonwood

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

I personally hate seed clutter, I 'water' any bowl that is a duplicate for any seed except carrot (which I allow 2 bowls of seed for).  there is literally no reason to have 2 bowls of any other crop period.  Bowls of gooseberry seeds get thrown out the window in rage.....JK but seriously? Seed bags would be OK but I feel like we would still have seed clutter everywhere.  not to mention the dang bean pods that are everywhere.  I've played umpteen million hours and that's one of my favorite things to do.. .clean up and consolidate seeds and bowls.  It's magic the amount of clay bowls that are miraculously available.

Weren't you on the discord wondering why you were in donkeytown the other day?

Seeds usually come from domestic plants, and thus by watering a bowl of seeds you end up using that bowl of water, and also more water will get used for more seeds later.  Also, one bowl of milkweed seeds is only 5 milkweed.  I suspect that sometimes people want a few ropes in less than 8 minutes without having to wander too far from the farm, and one bowl of seeds around won't be enough for a few ropes.  If you got cursed, because someone else saw you watering a bowl of seeds, and you wanted a bowl, going and getting clay and asking someone to fire clay bowls or firing up clay bowls yourself, probably wouldn't have had the same result.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-04-07 19:31:25)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-04-07 20:34:51

Jojigirl

Seed bags and jars have been requested for quite some time now..  Being able to store seeds in a bowl helped quite a bit with clutter, but now a main problem is there are bowls cluttering up the town filled with seeds and other stuff! A lot of times it's hard to find a bowl that's empty, so bowls are constantly in demand, being made, and causing even more clutter!

Jojigirl wrote:

Bowls get cluttered around town so easily.. No matter how many bowls you seem to make, it's never enough and towns look messy and cluttered with bowls of seeds everywhere..

Since we have glass bottles for storage, I think it would be great to have glass Jars for seed storage. It would help with the clutter and the constant need to make more bowls.

Example:

https://growhealthygrowhappy.com/wp-con … 24x585.jpg

I know many people would rather seed storage to be something other than glass, but using glass will also add more difficulty to the game. Which is something that's needed to prevent towns advancing too quickly. wink

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-04-07 20:37:40)

#6 2020-04-07 20:45:03

Jojigirl

With being able to hang things on the wall now, he could also add a storage box for the glass seed jars. This would help with the clutter of seed jars everywhere.  We could also start building a garden "shed/Room" to store extra garden supplies in (fertilizer boxes, hoes, shovels, extra buckets ect.) and add these seed boxes on the walls.

378.jpg

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-04-07 20:47:04)

#7 2020-04-07 21:29:11

Elsayal

I do love the watering can idea big_smile

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#8 2020-04-07 21:49:50

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:
FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

Weren't you on the discord wondering why you were in donkeytown the other day?

Seeds usually come from domestic plants, and thus by watering a bowl of seeds you end up using that bowl of water, and also more water will get used for more seeds later.  Also, one bowl of milkweed seeds is only 5 milkweed.  I suspect that sometimes people want a few ropes in less than 8 minutes without having to wander too far from the farm, and one bowl of seeds around won't be enough for a few ropes.  If you got cursed, because someone else saw you watering a bowl of seeds, and you wanted a bowl, going and getting clay and asking someone to fire clay bowls or firing up clay bowls yourself, probably wouldn't have had the same result.

I honestly forgot about milkweed seeds in my original post, I don't get rid of those because of the cost.  but 25 bowls of carrot seeds and now no bowls like....why?  and also no I was never asking about why I was in DT on discord.  I'm not in DT currently so there's that.  When I was in DT it was for social reasons, not for gameplay reasons.  A person who doesn't like me in real life, led a brigade to curse me.  DT bound easy peasy in cases like that.  I have learned not to reveal myself to said person due to guaranteed curses.  It would be like if you knew who I was in game...you'd curse me on principle.  Real life relationships bleed into OHOL here and there, I suppose that's not avoidable.
I appreciate you being concerned about me and not wanting me to go to Donkey Town.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#9 2020-04-08 04:00:08

pein

potato seeds are quite valuable if you think about it, if you ever plant them in big batch and make fries, it's quite the same value as mutton pies, and one oil/one fire for like 18 fries is not that bad, plates can be limiting factor. But if you do pottery and cook fries, paper, sugar, salt and carnitas together then is quite decent, plus babies get a good temperature meanwhile.

Pumpkin and squash also can be good, if you got sugar bottle or a way to get sugar cane.

Beans are very annoying and cabbage if the whole field is left to decay.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer