One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-06 13:23:05

miskas

Jason , do you have a view on where do eves spawn and settle

I tried to look it through the Wondibles map But I got this.

eve-1.png
eve2.png

So you might think that there was all and all 6 eves in a cluster and they spread out, but looking carefully these  6 eves are not the families we currently have.
Searching from 4/4/20 to 6/4/20 I got 100 eves. And this was their distribution.

eve-3.png

in those 100 Eves There are donkey Eves and tutorial Eves That i didn't include in the picture.
So we have some eves spawn too far north and too far south.
Also, we have a great Gap of 2200 tiles from east to west. Did our lineages migrate that far in 2 days?
This is very confusing for us to understand why we are so spread out.
Please could we have a picture of the situation?

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-06 13:31:35)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-04-06 16:06:01

testo

Re: Jason , do you have a view on where do eves spawn and settle

I am not Jason but I can tell you what I know.

- After the last server update all families died as usual and some Eves tried to retake empty cities all around the map. The Thinn Ginger family claimed the old Voltaire Black spot where the bell is now and has been there since. Some eves went south to the now deserted Corona town. Some other Eves like the Black Devilbiss family and the Lola Brown family tried with success to start new settlements (Lola family place is the rightmost NE spot on the map)

- Devilbiss city was taken eventually by the Brown Tino family when Devilbiss and Lola family died. For unknown reasons, Lola family died at some point and two small  shortlived families (Butter and Spring)  that I didn´get to know replaced them somewhere. Devilbiss died first and Tino familly absorved the other two smaller families. Gingers at Thinn spot kept their bussiness going.

- By now Killians appeared on a top spot on the map, forming the big green triangle for those 3 big families. For a few days they were the top placements. That meant Gingers, Browns and Whites had the best spots and were super well coordinated. Black families on the other hand had a tough time keeping up. They were mostly the ones far from the others and I can vouche they all had a batch of less than helpful players. Class, Cat and Darcy families reached top tech afaik but were mostly shortlived.

- All along this time the Eve spawn kept moving west along the big arrow, but the influence of the 3 cities in the triangle forced them not to go far from the 3000 line. In fact, several small settlements can be found along the 3k red rectangle. This shows that the ginger family has acted as an anchor for the player base as they are still very well oil supplied (The north part of the map still has oil as well as several missed spots east).

- Yesterday something happened, Killians and Tinos lost access to oil becuase GIngers were unable to keep the production up prompting a Killian exodus to their present location SW. Tinos died without a fight and the new Brown people settled also SW. Important to note: at least three engines were taken  from Tino and Killian old towns (I wont say stolen becuase the towns were abandoned) and they were all scrapped for the lulz at Tinos. I know because I say the scrapp box and there was no iron shortage to justify.

- At the present time, Thinns Ginger family keep dominating the map in their current location. Their town is nice and they have no shortage of oil. Everyone else has to keep up to its beat and the Tino and Killian center place are still iron rich but deserted. (There is enough Iron for 3 engines at Killians and 1 at Tinos). The north and south part of the map are still mostly unexplored, we have barely reached 8 hundred north and south. The eve spawn keeps slowly moving west.

- I think it is uninteresting to just keep moving west with the Eves. The old Lola town was abandoned with a lot of water (they are short on iron though because someone took almost all the supply left). The Killian and Tino places are incredibly iron rich and there is enough oil east from the previous update because the evespawn advanced way too fast (we reached about 2200 from zero the previous week and we havent gone past 3000. I have seen no less than 6 iron veins untouched and 4 possible oil rigs.

- By now the most valuable resource in the game is people, no other resource really makes a town die, not even oil or water. There was enough oil around to keep the Killian and Tino family alive with the Thinn, but there wasn´t enough people capable of making it happen. The second most valuable resource in the game is novelty: people like to do new stuff and get bored in the towns that already reached peak tech. Interestlintly enough the permanency of the Thinn family has created a small window of opportunity for property to appear, and rudimentary trade has started to show as a common way to access unreachable goods. However, in my opinion, charity and sharing are still dominating in the game.

eve2.png

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#3 2020-04-06 16:56:49

pein

Re: Jason , do you have a view on where do eves spawn and settle

The two bottom bell towns are dead and the top one had a huge iron input, so they could afford to remake the engine

The browns on the middle are doing well, the black town was just under it, they helped a lot, at least to get trough rubber and get the horses, meanwhile, they died out due to lack of water, and bad females. I was getting them 2 rubber buckets and a lot of iron. But after people used up the Newcomen, nobody could claim it as a homeland and has no veins on its own. It's mostly connected so it's easy to find but without a homeland , no bbs can spawn, I saw people try to live there, even with some full cisterns it was doomed, now people gave up and stripped it.

The pink spot was a simple well between 2 veins, maybe Tarr made that.
Made my outpost there and brought a Lovely chick there, Tinos were browns skin, same for Lovely, so it's not an Eve spot, it's an outpost.
it's a 240-80 L jump and a 80-200 almost straight, so quite close. The main cat camp is like 800-200 above and 500-500 from the browns, 1000 -100 from bell. I used some of the tools from the old black town but the rest was taken by others, like fully scrapped.

I would like the pink sport to be the new Bell town, still has oil near, has 2 veins on 2 sides, huge green biome, decent swamps.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer