#1 2020-04-03 02:47:43

pein

The 3 cities April 2-3

reRyrmc.jpg

QEaPij6.png

0ZHkC4e.png

W9AkSJu.png

*modded biome textures and floors

Families change but the cities stay the same.

5iftNJ4.png

What have you made here, what do you like, what you don't like?

Last edited by pein (2020-04-03 02:51:24)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2020-04-03 03:20:49

antking:]#

Re: The 3 cities April 2-3

too many berries too little cows

Also had a hard time telling which were the 3 cities and which were just to images of the same city

Last edited by antking:]# (2020-04-03 03:21:53)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#3 2020-04-03 03:32:15

Cogito

At -285 -54 I finished the road to the iron mine, and started on a cut stone hut for it.

It is 5x5 floored, and 4-5 walls built.

Was planning full cut stone so that it will eventually be ancient and lockable etc.

#4 2020-04-03 04:00:53

pein

vca4rhn.png

should have mentioned this. I mean the Jijones are the new browns so if you played few hours before isn't the same.

Never born at Voltaire but went up with a horse and fixed their pen. One tile was missing and the corners were all wrong so I fixed it. I don't think they wanted to fix it since you can't put a fence on the pine floor, I think their pen maker died.

I made them some pies, they had plenty of clothes, especially bowler hats.

I like they got a small desert quite close, good for dumping the sheep bones. Not sure what is the stone room, I like how it limits the fields, they got the least berries cause they didn't fit more there so that''s good. I'm not a big fan of graveyards but that was kinda well partitioned and out of the city.

--------------

Jones looks good for work purposes, I like the 1-0-1-0-0-1 for the forge. That's my personal design. Quite a lot of space there and some storage.

I was there when the pen was added to the wall, some dumbasses made another fence to block the tables, it was there to pass through the sheep meat. I made that 6 tables and 3 other, got removed for the road, I don't mind, they don't waste resources just some saw charges.

Also, like that the well is not in the middle of the farm. The nursery seems unused, people just eat in the bakery and leave kids there
The fast roads go everywhere with no purpose.
Too many bushes and even more north of it, kinda huge farm space.

--------------

Jijon was different family yesterday, but same race, brown people.
It didn't have a pen so we made one, the idea was that we attach it to the bakery, and I wanted it to be square, but then I had to be creative with the entrances so sheep won't go in bakery, and then we made another pig pen above. Since people can't tell apart pig and sheep they moved all the pig south near the forge. it's fully functioning even if it's not the most symmetric. Also, you can go around kinda well, not the best but at least unique.

I made tons of bowls, enough for all the weird stuff they had and plenty for carnitas. Seems that people stole the most bowls, lot of buckets and even the engine at some point.

The well isn't planted around which is good but too much berries. I got the tiny tree mod, so the trees don't stick out much but those stone walls are at least creative.

It was quite a big smithy and enclosed, wasn't the best-doing pottery. The old nursery is unused, the new one wasn't plastered, also quite tall and not wide so not many boxes fit there but it's decent and the bakery can be kept clean. The red corners are pretty. The stone shrines ended up making things weird.

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2020-04-03 04:02:58

Jojigirl

The messiness drives me bonkers!  The ginger town is a bit cleaner than it was when I was born in it yesterday, and I see they still have no iron.  They still have way too many crops as well.  They were flying through soil and water yesterday. A little shocked to still see them around.

Also, there is an abandoned town about  .80k east from the Gingers.. I went and looted some iron tools from there.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-04-03 04:20:24)

#6 2020-04-03 04:15:09

Gogo
Banned

Is gingers bell finally finished? Lol. I placed the bell tower on a 3 tiles path, to make it look like some nice town entrance, also sometimes I'm making two stone walls before the town (when homeland ends), next to road.

#7 2020-04-03 04:19:50

pein

I put the last stones, and put a fence near it, the bells were ready, next time I got back it was done, also another was up near the browns.
The blacks had one behind a tree and one south started.

#8 2020-04-03 04:53:56

fug

Voltaire city has mines SW from the city (go west and east of locations marked.)

(-559, -364)
(-836, -684) 

Jones had mines located at
(-29, 408)

Server wasn't reset meaning a lot of eves are likely to screw themselves out of iron by settling in villages before setting up more mines.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#9 2020-04-03 05:09:43

minth

I went to two cities and they all got the engine gone.
I don't know where the third one is so can't go there.
Basically ginger town and brown town engines are both gone.
At least two EVE spawn in ginger town, we have no iron there to make a new engine and nothing to do there too. The update makes EVEs spawn closer is the reason I guess.

#10 2020-04-03 06:57:34

DestinyCall

Return of the Feral Eves.     This should be interesting.

#11 2020-04-03 07:25:23

fug

minth wrote:

I went to two cities and they all got the engine gone.
I don't know where the third one is so can't go there.
Basically ginger town and brown town engines are both gone.
At least two EVE spawn in ginger town, we have no iron there to make a new engine and nothing to do there too. The update makes EVEs spawn closer is the reason I guess.

Woah slowdown. Are you telling me the ability to rip out a towns engine is going to lead to griefing?

Glad to see we're on a two week bad idea streak from Jason. Next week he'll remove our ability to pick stuff up at all to change ohol into his own personal 2D chatroom

Woohoo.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer