One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-29 07:42:18

Morti

This is a Form of the Chaos You Asked For, Enjoy It

Let Jason enjoy the show, and let's enjoy performing in it, but please, don't stoop to insults about Jason or the game.
Don't get frustrated with each other in the forum or the game.
Just try to enjoy the tension of survival, we get to experience, once again.

It's a new world.
See it as such, and conquer it on it's terms.

#2 2020-03-29 07:49:26

fug

Re: This is a Form of the Chaos You Asked For, Enjoy It

Absolutely insult Jason. He was warned about what he was doing. We explained why his idea was bad and when no one double checked his code we got this fucked up mess.

If he wants to ignore warnings he should be left to be blamed for his failings.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-03-29 08:02:26

Morti

fug wrote:

Absolutely insult Jason. He was warned about what he was doing. We explained why his idea was bad and when no one double checked his code we got this fucked up mess.

You didn't deserve that monument.

#4 2020-03-29 08:26:09

miskas

I am 5th in Meme Score rank , I am about to join in...Brace for impact! tongue

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#5 2020-03-29 10:58:54

fug

Morti wrote:
fug wrote:

You didn't deserve that monument.

Sure I shouldn't be directing all the negativity towards Jason but people begged Jason not to go through with this update but instead of listening to the people who play his game he listened to his yes man.

Neither of these two check of stuff works before an update so we got this awful mess of suffering while they patted each other on the back.

It's hard to be positive when you warn someone of what will happen and they ignore your advice. Jason can wipe the shit off his feet but he's already tracked it all through the house.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-03-29 11:30:15

Morti

miskas wrote:

I am 5th in Meme Score rank , I am about to join in...Brace for impact! tongue

I was number three, but I made a ready well site and had kids, that had a lot of kids that just died... really hurt.
Now I'm 131st, in One Life's time.

Now up to 122, but it does little to console me.

zxrTrAj.png

5oJtqk0.png

It's easy kids, just don't worry about iron and water wild berry bushes.
Don't even bother farming domestic berries, it's just a waste of time messing with soil for those.
Use soil instead for milkweed, carrots, corn and other crops for a little variety.
But think about it,
1 wild berry bush + 1 water + 10 minutes = 6 wild berries
If you don't water them, you won't understand how good we have it.
Make a lot of bowls and, especially, rabbit pouches.
A backpack full of pouches, and you can traverse the land, flooding the world with gooseberries and resetting the wild ones so they refill, quick!
Stop by a pond now and then and refill your pouches.

Don't give up.

If you really want to settle, and try your hand at making a home, do so near the most abundant source of ponds and wild berries with a natural spring nearby, but don't worry too much about the spring, and you can basically forget about iron till Jason sorts things out there.

#7 2020-03-29 11:34:31

Morti

Damn it, forgot to remove my name from the second picture... oh well.
Not like it's that big of a deal.
I wanted to remain anonymous on the leaderboard. I'm usually in top 5, if not top 20, till shit like quitters come along.

Jason, you should really drop the number of lives from 24 down to something like 12 or even 6, quitters absolutely ruin the game.

#8 2020-03-29 12:17:05

Gogo
Banned

Morti wrote:

Let Jason enjoy the show, and let's enjoy performing in it, but please, don't stoop to insults about Jason or the game.

Why, the chaos on forum will also be entertaining.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-29 12:40:39)

#9 2020-03-29 13:20:13

karltown_veteran

Not to be rude, Morti, but I’m guessing you’re only saying this because you can tolerate this update. I distinctly remember you shooting a string of insults at Jason about some other update, including “afraid to get his balls wet”. It’s a little hypocritical. Of course, you’re right. We shouldn’t be rude to Jason because he’s trying his best.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#10 2020-03-29 15:58:17

Morti

karltown_veteran wrote:

Not to be rude, Morti, but I’m guessing you’re only saying this because you can tolerate this update. I distinctly remember you shooting a string of insults at Jason about some other update, including “afraid to get his balls wet”. It’s a little hypocritical. Of course, you’re right. We shouldn’t be rude to Jason because he’s trying his best.

It's in the past. And I said his kids were the best thing he's created in this world, next to this game, by, getting his dick wet.

Just an expression for having sex, I learned while on the streets of Detroit, 10 years ago.
It's really a nice place. I live on Lake Huron, so, to see the water of that entire body, rushing past Detroit at night, was a pleasant experience.
Jump the fence of the Chrysler building and have a walk down the river at 3 AM and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I guess a pimp came up to me with a hooker at 2 AM and asked me if I wanted to get my dick wet, it was the first time I'd ever heard that expression, and it's just stuck with me ever since.

People are strange, but I love you.
All of you.

#11 2020-03-30 02:23:11

karltown_veteran

Morti wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

It's in the past. And I said his kids were the best thing he's created in this world, next to this game, by, getting his dick wet.

Just an expression for having sex, I learned while on the streets of Detroit, 10 years ago.
It's really a nice place. I live on Lake Huron, so, to see the water of that entire body, rushing past Detroit at night, was a pleasant experience.
Jump the fence of the Chrysler building and have a walk down the river at 3 AM and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I guess a pimp came up to me with a hooker at 2 AM and asked me if I wanted to get my dick wet, it was the first time I'd ever heard that expression, and it's just stuck with me ever since.

People are strange, but I love you.
All of you.

I’m not sure I understand what this has to do with my point, but it was cool to read. Here’s a neat expression I learned - to “sheath your sword” means to wear a condom smile
My fave expression for sex is “boom-chicka-wow-wow”

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#12 2020-03-30 07:12:01

testo

lmao "boom- chicka- wow- wow" sounds like a tribal call for sex, I´m gonna try it next time I flirt with a girl.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#13 2020-03-30 09:12:29

Morti

While we're going off topic, here's one I had a hard time wrapping my head around as an 8-9 year old boy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW9iKDxpsWw

It's a 3 second scene of a hand gesture used in the Clan of the Cave Bear movie.
I didn't know if it meant "I love you", "I'm going to rape you", "I want to bond with you" or what, though, the movie, kind of made it clear it wasn't really a choice on the girls part. That the guy had just decided he wanted to fuck Daryl Hannah's character, and of course, every 9 year old boy watching the movie would have thought the same as me "No, I like her. She might be MY girlfriend. Don't do that to her." Right? Maybe Jason is actually the only person near my age and gender, that would have had similar thoughts at a similar time. Then again, I can imagine Jason's parents might have kept him away from watching that sort of thing on television, at that age.

What even was your point?

Why bring up old insults to make points? Oh, it was just about the update, I'd forgotten.

Yeah, it was a relief. This new update, was a relief for me. But it represents a lot more, to me. As it will to each of you. How do I sympathize with you, without taking away, from that of the crowd, that I admire? I don't want you guys, I don't want you folks, to be afraid to express yourself to Jason, no matter how much, what he does, upsets your plans. A part of me knows and enjoys, seeing Jason, turn people on their heads. But. A part of me also knows that you trust him. You trust him, the same way I trust him; to have a plan. He, has reasons for his mistakes, if you can even call them that. Are they his mistakes though, or, are they ours?

Do I really have to go into detail on this? Should I really, break, this down for you?

Have you ever cheated, at a Choose Your Own Adventure book?

#14 2020-03-30 09:37:58

Morti

karltown_veteran wrote:

karl, if I can call you karl (I know) but, we go back, don't we? A ways? I don't remember being so upset with you, that I have wanted to make you, feel upset. You asked me something, and pointed back to it again, so, I feel I owe it to you to, flesh this out.

Is it this part you wanted me to address?

karltown_veteran wrote:

Not to be rude, Morti, but I’m guessing you’re only saying this because you can tolerate this update.

This part.

karltown_veteran wrote:

I distinctly remember you shooting a string of insults at Jason about some other update, including “afraid to get his balls wet”.

Probably not, because I did, at least, give a response to that, choice bit.

This part.

karltown_veteran wrote:

It’s a little hypocritical.

Is it most important, that I address the, accusation, of hypocrisy? Is that, the important thing here?

karltown_veteran wrote:

Of course, you’re right.

I appreciate that.

karltown_veteran wrote:

We shouldn’t be rude to Jason because he’s trying his best.

Or is it this? Because, this seems like a fun subject to discuss, to me.
The whole, best, part. Not the rude part. Though, they both go together, in an interesting way.

Was it that, or, was your statement:

karltown_veteran wrote:

I’m not sure I understand what this has to do with my point

In regard to, something else? Is it some combination of those sentences that I missed? Or do you want me to, restate, something I have said?

#15 2020-03-30 10:14:00

Amon

One day I'll need to write a rant on the post-race restriction updates.

Hate the sin not the sinner, so they say. And I agree.
But this is really the point where all these ham-fisted updates stacked over each other have finally accumulated in this level of brokenness.
At this stage we're just parents watching the kid touch the hot stove after telling em a thousand times not to. And what can you do? You still love the damn toddler either way.

Villages not trading their essentials is not and never was an issue to begin with.
Race restriction limits the game more than open it up for new possibilities.
The speciality markers are ugly and not immersive. I suggested having dogs 'sniff out' the other races to give them a use and have a more 'realistic' feeling while searching for other people than just click a stone that litters the map.
There were BETTER, a lot more FLEXIBLE and NATURAL feeling proposals for assimilation of other races than the goddamn 'homeland' update. (Just think about all the possibilities for storytelling with this)
Iron prospecting was so fun and brought forth inequality for villages. Some were iron-rich, others were iron-poor. Now everyone is almost in the same situation. Guh.

And these lines, are we gonna stick every resource in a predictable place now? Is exploration not sacred anymore?
Is everything going to be the same now? Is everything going to be static now? Where is the once praised fluidity and freedom that shaped these absolutely unbelievable stories people experienced in OHOL all the time.

Last edited by Amon (2020-03-30 10:17:28)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#16 2020-03-30 10:24:39

Morti

Amon wrote:

But this is really the point

A point is just a line, looked at from one of two directions.

#17 2020-03-30 11:36:12

MrGold

Awww yes the forums still in heat why can't we get along as civil human beings. Aren't we community? big_smile

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#18 2020-03-30 15:47:06

Gogo
Banned

What a long chaos it was, oh my gosh, I still can't back together after that one day. Bugged updated was fixed and we still got piles of iron, but people were in panic, even Twisted. xD Nice thing to observe.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-30 15:48:17)

#19 2020-03-30 17:41:46

Morti

Morti wrote:

Turns out that building was the GM Renaissance Center, not the Chrysler building, that one is in New York.

And there are a lot of other ways to get down to the river, without jumping the fence, but, I was on foot, and those paths were far. It was just easier for me to jump the fence, from where I approached the river, to take in the view, of Canada, just on the other side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3295829 … 384!8i8192
That's about the spot where I jumped it, I just wanted to get to the water's edge, and I was tired of walking, around, obstacles.

#20 2020-03-30 19:39:44

karltown_veteran

What I meant was that you did shoot a string of insults at Jason. I don't remember the specific thread but his reply was something along the lines of "I would fear for my safety if I met you in real life."
Perhaps this update does not upset you as much as it does others, hence you do not feel they should be so steamed. But you have been equally steamed at times, hence me circling back to that thread.
It doesn't matter, really, I just feel like since you have expressed your opinions when they are both critical and praise, other people should be able to express criticisms to Jason
but you're saying "don't stoop to insults about Jason or the game". Fair point, but you did do just that in the past.
Of course if it's all water under the bridge I won't keep bringing it up. I have nothing but respect for you.

Board footer