One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-15 23:51:44

Gogo
Banned

Travellers Diaries

Recently I like to be a traveller and resource distributor, so I'm making a topic about the current world situation and events. Any of you are welcome to share your travels, ideas or something you spotted, if you want.

First, a map:

https://i.imgur.com/cJqGDU1.png

Most towns are abandoned. Whites are still in Gold town. Browns are next to them, to the east. Blacks are to the left from abandoned Gay town (bell town). Gingers - idk.

Today I was black (Jihawi?), I bringed sulfur for whites (Gold's) and browns, took rubber for my hometown. Someone on forum wrote there can be a trade place between four family towns. Someone even made a way stone to 'Trade City' in Gold town, which is not finished, don't go there. I think it would be more like that - white town would be something like a center/'trade' town. Why, because they are hoarders anyway and their town is the longest alive one.

Also - all players that know how to bring stuff from their biomes should teach that to kids. If they ask for job and there's nothing really urgent, please tell them to bring resources. As white there's no point to live in a town, take a horse and distribute stuff to people.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-15 23:53:16)

#2 2020-03-16 00:48:30

Morti

Re: Travellers Diaries

Gogo wrote:

Oof, that map is too bright, it hurts my eyes. >_<

Who even made that? Looks like it was done in MS Paint or something.

#3 2020-03-16 00:56:05

Elsayal

Morti wrote:
Gogo wrote:

Complaining instead of making it better ?

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#4 2020-03-16 01:11:25

Gogo
Banned

Lol, I stole it from Morti's topic. wink

Gingers (An's) are close to blacks, north-west (blacks straight left from bell). I saw brown chick in my hometown, maybe browns would also come, that would be cool. In contrary to Morti's opinion and even my own about white ones, I think we should abandon old places for easier lifes. I nearly installed 2 oil pumps near my ginger hometown, good spot. I also teached my daughter about making distiller and parts for pump, gladly she knew about onetech (she made me some parts I needed, but said making oil is too hard hehe, yeah once I was thinking the same wink).

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-16 01:14:07)

#5 2020-03-16 01:34:03

Morti

Elsayal wrote:
Morti wrote:
Gogo wrote:

Complaining instead of making it better ?

Done.
I even added a zoom mod.

0mLgzca.gif

#6 2020-03-16 01:37:02

testo

I hate gingers with a passion they just steal stuff left and right.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2020-03-16 01:47:52

Morti

Now that, is how you make a map.
dhya0Qn.gif
Don't be jelly, Google.

#8 2020-03-16 02:04:31

wondible

Not sure what the original Gold town was; I lived in Ging Lab town earlier in the day but found it abandonded later when exploring from a northern Gold camp. I brought them a map to it so maybe they moved back. I also brought the browns a map to north gold town, and vice versa.

Apparently I just missed the Tarr monument because I saw the brown homeland.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#9 2020-03-16 02:10:21

Morti

wondible wrote:

Not sure what the original Gold town was; I lived in Ging Lab town earlier in the day but found it abandonded later when exploring from a northern Gold camp. I brought them a map to it so maybe they moved back. I also brought the browns a map to north gold town, and vice versa.

You should really try out onemap.wondible.com, it's really a nice way to get to know the world.
Play around with those little icons in the corners, get to know the settings, through experimentation, and it's actually a pretty cool utility.
(Not as easy to navigate, as, say, Google Maps, but, it has a lot of history.)

#10 2020-03-16 09:23:39

DestinyCall

Did you just tell wondible to try using his own map?

I suspect he is familiar with it already.

#11 2020-03-16 10:16:42

Twisted

Woosh.

Woosh.

#12 2020-03-16 19:10:40

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:

Did you just tell wondible to try using his own map?

I suspect he is familiar with it already.

Twisted wrote:

Woosh.

What if Destiny was playing too, and you jut got Wooshed...

What if, it turns out, life, is, just a serious, of wooshceptions!?!?

Dun, dun, dunnn!

#13 2020-03-17 03:15:22

Gogo
Banned

wondible wrote:

Tarr monument has two bells now!

* Dear diary

People moved to the left from previously Jesus family (on a map). I found a fresh town, just to be taken, designed by single person or two. It's near one of families, I won't tell which one. tongue Maybe we will be invited there, maybe we won't.

I saw that my white folks, as usual, were horribly hoarders. So I decided to thanked them and distribute their goods. wink I also exhausted pump to the south of white family (the one at the abandoned town), which doesn't matter, gingers have 2 pumps now.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-17 03:15:40)

#14 2020-03-18 03:37:50

Gogo
Banned

* Dear diary

Gingers lives now even further south-west and roads hasn't been connected with them. Junglers, the Jesus's, stays in the same place for few days now, which is good. In the past I've picked up this spot for them and forced them to move with me, because of massive jungles around. I can proudly say I saved Jesus. I'm bringing kero for them, cause we all love rubber. I totally gave up on being white folk, we don't need them.

My observations are - right now things are fine, I'm ok with all new updates and I don't see mayor issues.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-18 03:41:42)

#15 2020-03-19 03:23:40

Gogo
Banned

* Dear diary

World situation can turned so fast. We all moved west, new families has been founded. I wonder how a family can die in a town with plenty of water. Stagnation? Boredom?

OHOL is also a fine reminder, at these corona times, how fast we can return to primal state. ;P

Now, back to game. If you're jungler - the old world is STRAIGHT to right (spring path), there's also not finished road between blacks and browns to it. Have fun if you like looting dead towns.

We all live in vertical line, I made couple maps. From top: blacks, junglers, gingers (which moved further south from their town with diesel well). I don't count whites, they are flaw in this game and don't contribute to anyone.

I've spotted an issue - we don't have time to connect new towns with roads. This will lead to slower distribution, which means worse condition of towns, which means more chances to move out. It's not stable, best would be something between old bell town stagnation and current situation.

#16 2020-03-20 11:27:15

Gogo
Banned

* Dear diary

After update we came back to bs2 server. Everyone can say bye bye to the Old World, we're living 2k from bell. I made maps for 3 tarry spots, gingers and blacks, connected their towns with a road (with a help, thx). Junglers are somewhere near, as well as whites.

People don't make enough rubber. I mean enough for 3 families. More buckets, more bowls, more rubber pls.

I don't understand why we have diesel wells so quickly, we should have each type of well for longer period of time (gingers already need diesel).

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-20 11:44:05)

#17 2020-03-20 15:19:25

Aurora Aurora

* Dear diary

I stole Gogos diary

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#18 2020-03-20 16:54:09

Gogo
Banned

I generally feel fine with stealing, since browns stole surname from blacks. Long live Gogo's!

#19 2020-03-21 09:42:22

Gogo
Banned

* Dear diary

I finally settled down. Fuck, riding everywhere and doing crucial stuff is so exhausting and I wanna play a game, not work a game. xD I was brown and had many afk's babies. But next time I was ginger and my previous son, Zeke, came to my town with so much stuff, tires, irons, I was proud that at least he wasn't useless. wink So, in gratitude I decided to make oil pump near town (just take north road and then pine path). Also some ginger girl helped me with making parts. It's SO different with 2 people to help maintain a town, than to making everything by yourself. No more working alone.

#20 2020-03-26 09:04:53

Gogo
Banned

* Dear diary

Today I was black lady, Nicole White (heh). I visited browns and bringed them sulfur and two horses, also a map to oil pump (N-W from their town). Someone asked me for niter, for the radio parts. I was happy to bring it for them. Radios could save us, we're living like 1k from each other. Please build radio, blacks already has transmitter and receiver (medium frequency).

edit:
Yes! We did it, browns and gingers got radios. Blacks (Hunters) are, I think, straight west from gingers, not far. They need one, too. ;P

Last edited by Gogo (2020-03-26 14:47:36)

Board footer