#1 2020-02-23 00:01:45

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Seems like the latest murder update (no solo) is working

Graphs:

Zw67CvW.png

g2fY2ED.png

D34IAbU.png

The last graph is interesting.  There was a time when each uniqued killer killed almost 2.5 victims, which hints at the prevalence of spree killing.  Now it's down closer to 1, where it should be.

#2 2020-02-23 00:14:39

DestinyCall

Re: Seems like the latest murder update (no solo) is working

Very cool graphs.    Nice to see the change had a statistically significant impact on murder rates.

On a purely anecdotal level, I have witnessed less murder in recent lives.   I've also seen more towns using posses, hierarchy exile, and cursing to deal with trouble-makers.

It takes longer to remove individual griefers, but it is also much harder to impulse kill someone for little reason.

#3 2020-02-23 00:22:36

testo

If it would be possible to have a graph of curses and people sent to DK it would be great.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#4 2020-02-23 00:37:41

Wuatduhf

Agreed. Tracking the Daily Curses alongside this data would be good to see.

#5 2020-02-23 00:44:33

Dodge

We had twin thieves in one life, they where able to steal some goods at first but rapidly we caught up on them we both aimed at one and others joined us and we got one of them almost instantly, the other one run off and never came back.

So it seems to be working also to prevent non murder type of issues.

The hint you get when targetting someone and explaining the "I JOIN YOU" command has probably a lot to do with this, since the hint in escape menu doesn't really explain it.

#6 2020-02-23 00:46:29

Legs

I'm going to say the N-word.

Loco Motion

#7 2020-02-23 06:24:19

pein

we had some idiots one life, a girl chasing males, then another randomly triggering the murder mouth since he couldn't kill, then another girl taking the only knife other than what I had

eventually, she pissed off a few people so I talked to her, she just cussing around, I stabbed her, 2 others joined me
then I saw the other girl same age, doing same shit, it was harder to explain to others that they are twins so I got targeted for it but eventually they left me alone
then we did some pine roads and I died

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2020-02-25 00:31:45

Jamie

pein wrote:

we had some idiots one life, a girl chasing males, then another randomly triggering the murder mouth since he couldn't kill, then another girl taking the only knife other than what I had

eventually, she pissed off a few people so I talked to her, she just cussing around, I stabbed her, 2 others joined me
then I saw the other girl same age, doing same shit, it was harder to explain to others that they are twins so I got targeted for it but eventually they left me alone
then we did some pine roads and I died

Sounds like they baited you.

One time their was a dude with devious face doing the same thing plus moving random objects like hammers around.

At first I ignored him but it was a small vil and the others had been struggling to kill them for five min. So i joined and killed them.

They said something along the lines that he'll be back and it dosnt matter. He also implied it was a dummy account designed to use soak people's curse points so the real one won't get as many.

I was skeptical at first but his behavior supported that claim. All he did was act like a sterotype and provoke everyone.

#9 2020-02-25 10:23:40

Kinrany

Jamie wrote:

He also implied it was a dummy account designed to use soak people's curse points so the real one won't get as many.

Which is why he told everyone about it, right...

#10 2020-02-25 12:56:09

Wuatduhf

I'm sure right afterward, he also typed out that his father was the CEO of OHOL and would ban them for cursing their dummy account.

#11 2020-02-25 19:33:04

unoriginal artist

the whole i join you posse thing seems to work but there are times it works against you as well, there was a guy called jace tini in bell town today who locked a noob girl in a fence, and most of the other players around seemed sort of noobish to and didnt know how the posse system really worked and couldnt help much even though i kept telling them how to do it, eventually jace literally walked up to me and then around me taunting me saying he didnt care about my knife and that i couldnt stop him, i put a box on the girls fence to give her food and she ended up having a full family in there that lived off milk and pies. An elder eventually tried to do the elder removal notice but jace died and the gate dropped before the removal notice could do anything. Everyone cursed him but i almost died triyng to get people to join my posse cause they thought i was the griefer since i kept trying to keep my target locked on jace and people mistook me for being a troll since i couldnt explain myself due to language barrier : / Instead of posseing against jace a few years later 3 people tried to posse against me and wouldnt follow me to the fence to see people trapped inside. Its annoying trying to tell people PLS JOIN ME CAUSE A JERK TRAPPED A GIRL IN A FENCE when A. they dont speak your language and B. your just randomly growling and anyone who sorta spoke my language couldnt understand how to posse or would even try to understand. I couldnt drop my bow to try and write it out either cause then I would have lost my target locked on jace who was running around on a horse watching the mayhem.

Last edited by unoriginal artist (2020-02-25 19:35:27)

#12 2020-02-25 19:38:36

unoriginal artist

Honestly would be nice if your stuck inside a fence you can open the gate or if a fence is made it can be turned into a gate with a rope or something but it belongs to whoever made said fence in the first place but the same thing applies that if your inside you can open it

Board footer