One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 22:31:06

Eccola

The worst griefer I have seen

IT dug out  over 100 domestic bushes in two towns.
IT dug out every wild bush in close proximity to those towns.
IT fell down every tree in close proximity to those towns.
IT stole most of the water pouches.
IT kept digging out bushes I tried to plant again.
IT crippled the most populated cities on server 5.

I have no idea this type of malevolence and evil is capable of existing.
I hope its mother will give him slaps tonight instead a good night kiss.

#2 2018-04-04 22:52:54

TrustyWay

Re: The worst griefer I have seen

I guess he transformed most of the fences into tongs too, killed animals, free the horses.

This dude must really be jaleous for doing that, I can't stop thinking about a crying kid that devoted his life to destroying people works. General their parents are as much shitty as they are, no wonder they are act like that.

Jason should ban somes of these griefers, the young kids wont be able to rebuy the game.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-04 22:59:03)

#3 2018-04-04 22:53:25

Babipoki

Jason, could you look at server logs and see who did this and remove his access from the game?

#4 2018-04-04 23:05:36

Antichthon

This is going to be the major limiting factor of civilization, moreso than the vastly-greater-than-reality murder rate.

The fate of a civilization is dictated not by its best elements, but its worst.

#5 2018-04-04 23:12:22

Portager

Babipoki wrote:

Jason, could you look at server logs and see who did this and remove his access from the game?

This.

#6 2018-04-04 23:21:38

Lexyvil

During lives that I own a knife, I ensure to get rid of those kinds people. Thankfully I'm sometimes not the only guard who watches over a town, when more weapons are present.

Luckily, I haven't met a lot of mean players like that, I only saw one case where all the bushes in a farm were dug up deliberately.

#7 2018-04-04 23:21:39

TrustyWay

Portager wrote:
Babipoki wrote:

This.

Do it.

#8 2018-04-05 00:21:26

Joriom
Website

TrustyWay wrote:
Portager wrote:
Babipoki wrote:

This.

Do it.

Short answer: No, Jason will not do that. You don't even need to ask.

Also - why didn't you just make a bow or knife and kill the troll? Where were your guards? Why didn't you have soldiers around?

#9 2018-04-05 00:23:15

Eccola

There was not a single bow and arrows or knife anywhere. You don't think, if I had some, I would not kill him? After a while I resigned and disconnected anyways, it was no fun playing anymore.
There were no guards, mostly mothers with kids, struggling to be fed, when carrot farm went to hell without water.

Last edited by Eccola (2018-04-05 00:24:34)

#10 2018-04-05 00:31:51

Joriom
Website

Eccola wrote:

There was not a single bow and arrows or knife anywhere. You don't think, if I had some, I would not kill him? After a while I resigned and disconnected anyways, it was no fun playing anymore.
There were no guards, mostly mothers with kids, struggling to be fed, when carrot farm went to hell without water.

So basically - you had bad society without proper tools (bow and knife are tools as well and are needed in cases just like that).
Also, your society was way to preocupies with themselves just to make sure everyone else is safe from griefers.
Seeing that you did just what they did instead of filling the blanks and protecting them as guard youself.

Yup. Nice. You all deserved to die.

#11 2018-04-05 00:37:28

Babipoki

Joriom wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:
Portager wrote:

This.

Do it.

I asked.

Also. This is a griefing problem, not a 'village guard' problem, as there's no way to grow trees or botanize/forage for seeds from grass. This behavior discourages players to stay in the game. Sounds to me like you're supporting these actions, hence the attitude.

#12 2018-04-05 00:48:18

Alleria

Eccola wrote:

You definitely had a trash society if you were still subsisting off carrots. Everyone knows carrots are peasant food. Advanced societies have weapons and farm berries. Berries use 25% less water, and 50% (citation needed) less effort.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#13 2018-04-05 01:25:21

TrustyWay

Joriom wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:
Portager wrote:

This.

Do it.

Also - why didn't you just make a bow or knife and kill the troll? Where were your guards? Why didn't you have soldiers around?

Have you seen the speed of digging ? If it was slower we could catch him but he can dig while running and ruins easily. I used to guard berryfield but that shit is fast. If it tooks 1 or 2 extra seconds that would be perfect.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-05 01:25:45)

#14 2018-04-05 01:35:48

veene

TrustyWay wrote:
Joriom wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

Do it.

Have you seen the speed of digging ? If it was slower we could catch him but he can dig while running and ruins easily. I used to guard berryfield but that shit is fast. If it tooks 1 or 2 extra seconds that would be perfect.

yup

#15 2018-04-05 01:43:10

Baker

Still, sounds like it would have taken him a fair amount of time to do all that. Did anyone in your village try to stop him?

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#16 2018-04-05 01:52:23

the420smokest

I mean something has to be done... I was minding my own business, majorly benefiting a village with pie making and organizing the pie making area...and I got distracted for 2 second feeding some baby's and I get ran up on with a bow life ended, all baby's die, pie making stops, fun killed, village hurt, location of town lost...... just because someone wants to run around killing everyone for personal entertainment . 

idk seems lame.

#17 2018-04-05 01:58:27

Antichthon

Baker wrote:

Still, sounds like it would have taken him a fair amount of time to do all that. Did anyone in your village try to stop him?

Sometimes you can stop a griefer like that. Those times aren't posted on the forums as much, though. Usually once someone realizes what the griefer is doing, communicates it to those with weapons or gets a weapon themself, it's already over.

That's not even assuming a smarter griefer who waits until the area is mostly empty of people, or one that doesn't stay still for long before moving on to dig up fence posts or chop trees or dig up wild bushes for a bit.

The level of organization necessary to stop this form of griefing can exist, for short periods of time. But towns can't even manage to stay reliably populated 24/7, let alone have their act together. Every town spends most of its time in chaos, punctuated by brief moments of order. That's how it is, and how it always will be.

making it take several seconds to dig up anything would help, though.

#18 2018-04-05 02:17:58

Alleria

TrustyWay wrote:
Joriom wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

Do it.

Another problem is that even if you do shoot them, often it "misses" and the arrow is deleted from game. If you do succeed in killing someone on a berry farm, all their gear disappears, so you still got screwed. I'm looking forward to the day when towns stop losing masses of clothing to the farm plot void.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-04-05 02:18:47)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#19 2018-04-05 08:31:38

quaity

This stuff is game breaking but I guess existence is broken in the first place?

#20 2018-04-05 08:33:16

quaity

Joriom wrote:
Eccola wrote:

So basically - you had bad society without proper tools (bow and knife are tools as well and are needed in cases just like that).
Also, your society was way to preocupies with themselves just to make sure everyone else is safe from griefers.
Seeing that you did just what they did instead of filling the blanks and protecting them as guard youself.

Yup. Nice. You all deserved to die.

Wow, this game really brings out the best in people. I'm sure you're just a delight in person.

#21 2018-04-05 09:16:00

Eccola

I see it suddenly sounds as it is my fault we got griefed. As if people don't constantly hide weapons in fear of killings. Also, being born in village where the griefer just struck gives no time to prevent/kill. Its done.
The cities were big, advanced towns, the northern one bit griefed, but with all tools, but no weapons, about 100 meters apart. At the time, there were about 12 people in both.
I think it would be better just to move to servers 10+, as they are very rarely populated, but on the other hand, playing solo is not as fun.

#22 2018-04-05 16:46:00

EveLion

Had some fun times. Had some fun lives, but people suck sometimes. Just saw a Stalin. Tired of the Trumps. Shouldn't need police to play in peace and harmony.  Good luck people! Thanks Jason it was a nice week or two of fun.

#23 2018-04-05 17:06:32

Alf

I am highly against disallowing the person to play. As far as I know, there are no rules that would prevent such actions. That is a concerning fact indeed, that digging up berry bushes takes no time at all. This should be fixed.

#24 2018-04-05 17:32:24

stickyflypaper

If no banning, have him born repeatedly with no arms or legs.

#25 2018-04-06 02:38:44

Maximoose

stickyflypaper wrote:

If no banning, have him born repeatedly with no arms or legs.

YES!
But also make it so he never starves to death. He has to sit there forever or have some poor person carry him around, ending in him probably never playing again which would be ideal.

Board footer