One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-14 18:06:17

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

People AFK from birth to gain Gene score

So this has started to become a big problem. Every life I'm starting to see at least one AFK sometimes even more. This has always been a thing since the games existence but with a point system it's now extremely unfair and they should be punished for it.

Why don't you just not feed them? I AM NOT FEEDING THEM. They count for their mothers points. Not feeding them hurts you, plus what if they're going to come back? If you let them die you're hurting yourself. Plus there's always the need for more babies. People will always feed AFK girls just for that fact. So not only are they getting a score boost from themselves living but their children they have while AFK. All around a huge score boost for no work.

Why not just kill them? With the new posse system limitation it's basically impossible. You'd have to convince a lot of people and most of the time they don't want to kill them because of the reasons I listed above. So they survive to at least 40 and get big points for doing absolutely nothing.

This isn't fair for the rest of us who are actually playing. I think that if a player is being constantly force fed to stay alive they should have all their scores nulled. Maybe even punish them.

I have proof that the same person was doing this over and over. We actually saw her 3 times today, but I only have pictures of 2. My friend has her cursed so we were able to spot her out each time and she was AFK all 3 times. At the very least this person is completely abusing it. I tried to convince people to kill her the second time I saw her, but I had 2 people flat out say no.

Here is the proof. You can tell by the curse tag.

AFK
This is her early in her life, but I promise you she was AFK the entire time.
ask

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2020-02-14 19:05:00)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#2 2020-02-14 18:15:33

fug

Re: People AFK from birth to gain Gene score

Relatable. I afk in a hut in the woods some lives because if I'm basically watching YouTube or something I might as well farm points.

I also do the same when I get the wrong skin tone as it's either take potentially a few hours worth of negative points or just not play.

Obviously what they're doing is worse since they're full blown afk making people have to feed them constantly.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-02-14 18:16:18

DestinyCall

I fail to see the problem.    She is just standing there.  Not bothering anybody.   What's the harm?

#4 2020-02-14 18:21:29

Cantface

Lmfao -skin tower- though! (ᗒワᗕ✿)

Breasticles

#5 2020-02-14 18:23:00

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

DestinyCall wrote:

I fail to see the problem.    She is just standing there.  Not bothering anybody.   What's the harm?

Like I said they're abusing the system. This isn't something that should be allowed to have happen. More people than just her are doing it too, as I said. I'm seeing AFK people every life.

I also /blush.

#6 2020-02-14 18:37:12

DestinyCall

Don't you benefit when your relatives don't run off and starve to death in the woods?    I would think that this is a good thing.    It doesn't hurt anyone's score to live longer.

#7 2020-02-14 18:42:26

testo

You don´t have to feed her if you don´t want to, and there is no real gameplay harm. I mean you can still lose points if the player suicides so that person is actually giving you a chance not to lose points. Are you complaining because you are given a choice?

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#8 2020-02-14 18:50:04

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

testo wrote:

You don´t have to feed her if you don´t want to, and there is no real gameplay harm. I mean you can still lose points if the player suicides so that person is actually giving you a chance not to lose points. Are you complaining because you are given a choice?

It's not me feeding them. Like I said people take big point hits from their kids dying. So they keep them alive for their own sake, and the afk person gains points for doing absolutely nothing.

This is clearly abusing the system, which Jason has reset the scores over before. Plus they're a drain on a town. I cannot stop them, I can't kill them and I can't keep other people from feeding them (I tried). This problem isn't going to go away. It's easy as hell to set up an auto log in clicker. Screen goes black? Make it click. Literally anyone can set that up.

I also /blush.

#9 2020-02-14 19:15:06

DestinyCall

How do you stop people from going AFK?   That seems like a pretty fundamental aspect of playing on-line.   Sometimes people need to log off for a while.

#10 2020-02-14 19:29:47

wondible

Some people wanted disabilities. "But who would want to play a comatose life?" These people, apparently.

Though getting points for people you are unable (or at least unwilling) to help may be off.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#11 2020-02-14 19:34:45

Whatever

we need bots that farm and feed the afk

#12 2020-02-14 20:10:50

Gogo
Banned

If you don't move for 20 years, you will get a disease for couple of next lives. This disease will cause your death after 5 years and no penalty to gene score for anyone in your family.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-14 20:13:38)

#13 2020-02-14 20:23:04

DestinyCall

Whatever wrote:

we need bots that farm and feed the afk

And also oil bots.   An't nobody got time for that grind.

#14 2020-02-14 20:26:41

Cantface

Gogo wrote:

If you don't move for 20 years, you will get a disease for couple of next lives. This disease will cause your death after 5 years and no penalty to gene score for anyone in your family.

I actually prefer THIS idea of disease compared to 'racial' diseases for sure!

+1 afk disease of some kind.

Breasticles

#15 2020-02-15 01:55:07

Mekkie

Does this actually work?  Cause I mean.. if I can raise my tool slots without having to endure the annoying 6 tool cap... hell yea I would love to join the AFK crowd. tongue

#16 2020-02-16 15:24:37

Flachzang

I noticed that this has increased recently. Feels like more and more players are afk straight away after birth. It is annoying to constantly feed them and if you do not you lose score. Something should change, imo.

#17 2020-02-16 16:18:47

happynova

At least the new baby indicator really helps when you're dealing with, say, an AFK daughter you're feeding.  Even if you really, really need the babies (or want the gene score from them), you now don't have to hover around her every second in case one pops out, just stay nearby enough that you can rush back and save them if necessary.  Removes a lot of frustration in that situation.

#18 2020-02-16 17:24:44

SirCaio

Yeah, it's a viable strategy, but it just feels weird. Maybe if you stand still for more than 5 min your hunger drain rate gets exponentially faster (muscle exhaustion or whatever) making your death by starvation inevitable even if people feed you.

#19 2020-02-16 23:37:20

DestinyCall

SirCaio wrote:

Yeah, it's a viable strategy, but it just feels weird. Maybe if you stand still for more than 5 min your hunger drain rate gets exponentially faster (muscle exhaustion or whatever) making your death by starvation inevitable even if people feed you.

That is a horrible idea.

#20 2020-02-19 08:44:00

Kinrany

What exactly is the problem?

Presumably the alternative to being afk is to not play at all. Assuming gene score is worth it, having an afk baby to feed is better for the mom than not having one.

One possible problem I see is that the baby and the mom consume the village's resources but do not contribute anything. But presumably that's exactly as bad as a berry-muncher who walks around the village and doesn't do anything. The only difference is that afk players are easier to spot.

#21 2020-02-19 09:03:58

OneOfMany

Kinrany wrote:

What exactly is the problem?

Presumably the alternative to being afk is to not play at all. Assuming gene score is worth it, having an afk baby to feed is better for the mom than not having one.

One possible problem I see is that the baby and the mom consume the village's resources but do not contribute anything. But presumably that's exactly as bad as a berry-muncher who walks around the village and doesn't do anything. The only difference is that afk players are easier to spot.

The problem is they are not afk. They are watching Netflix. They stand next to the fire, knowing people will feed them. and they keep half an eye on the screen. If they hear their hunger bell, watch them come to life. This is so NOOB. They do not even try to get better. These must be old players, upset about their gene scores / tool slots. If you want to increase your gene score, raise your children, talk to them, if you are a man take care of your sisters. Do not feed the afk by a fire; if they starve with clothes, next to a fire, it is their own fault. It takes more than a bathroom break to starve like that. Dot not feed the afk. They are not afk, they are griefers.

Last edited by OneOfMany (2020-02-19 09:05:50)

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#22 2020-02-19 09:14:15

DestinyCall

Oh please.   If this is griefing, the word had lost all meaning.

#23 2020-02-19 09:25:58

OneOfMany

DestinyCall wrote:

Oh please.   If this is griefing, the word had lost all meaning.

I disagree, if you want to play the game, at least stick a berry in your mouth. What if gene score was based on the actions you took in life(+1 per doing anything), instead of the time you spent alive(+1 per minute). That way gene score would be based on how much you do in a life, not how long you live.

Destiny, I consider you a friend. How would you feel about twining with me?

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#24 2020-02-19 09:35:49

OneOfMany

Okay, so what if every action you did in the game added to your gene score and every food you ate took away from it. They could even have weights. Work that makes an engine is more valuable than berry picking. Also wild berries are basically free, and food cost can be based on how much water it takes to make it. The higher the amount of water per pip the more costly to your gene score. It gives people motivation to both do work and be food efficient for a higher gene score.

#25 2020-02-19 10:32:44

Kinrany

The goal of gene score is to make people care about their families no matter what, which presumably includes vegetables and shitheads. So you'll need to challenge the premise and not the implementation.

Board footer