One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 13:48:34

Simone

Loyalty to Mom

Am I the only one who feels loyalty to who raises me? I always try to help my mom achieve her goal or bring her a gift when I can.

#2 2018-04-04 14:06:29

TrustyWay

Re: Loyalty to Mom

Depends, sometimes I do everything for the caring moms, I want to make them proud of me.
Mom that left me behind can get screwd, even worst if she left me without name.

#3 2018-04-04 16:17:59

Lum

I think it's harsh to dislike your mother just because she didn't want you. They don't always want or need a child and have something better to do with their current life. As such, they won't have to time to care for a baby, which is understandable.

Of course, it doesn't mean you have to help her with anything. However it also doesn't mean you should hold any negative feelings towards her.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#4 2018-04-04 16:24:22

FounderOne

Today I got one little girl. I called her Snow. My older daughter Aaban, Snow and me were a happy family. I went to the clothes and gave snow the best clothes I could find.
Snow started then to run away from me, after I gave her the best clothes. I run after her, because I wanted to rebuild this city and we needed more girls and the nice clothes.

On my way I found a bow and arrow on the ground. To save the clothes and end it quick I grabbed it and run after her.
She died on starvation. A few seconds later a new baby was born. I put all the clothes on the baby and it said "lol same mum" and run again away.

The next baby was a boy. I shouted at him "Is it you again?" He didnt replied. I gave him the clothes and headded back to the town. Then again a new baby spawned and said "lol same mum" and run. I grabbed the bow again and run after her. I reached and shoot her this time. She died with my arrow in her. My son logged out and also died.
Again I was alone, still in the wilderness. Probatly twenty years later after I run after my girl I reached the city again. I saw my daughter she did great. I told her the wild story and she got a baby. I was getting old, probatly it was my last baby. When it spawned it said "lol same mum" and run around.
I got angry told my daughter that we need to kill it. I then put it in the sheep pen, but couldnt hold it in the pen, because it run around so much. It run around and trolled me. I told my daughter again that we need to kill that monster, but she didnt wanted to. I thought about the bow in the wild and run as fast as I could to get that bow again. I saw my daughter caring about that troll and I just shoot the troll baby so it wont destroy the city. After all that fcked running I was just thinking the baddest things it could do when it was grown.

My daughter went crazy and I told her that I needed to do it. I put the bow and arrow on the ground and wanted to start working. Clean the city, do the things that I wanted to do thirty years ago. But at the same moment I saw my daughter grab the bow and she hunted me. My last words were  "Why me?" then the arrow hit me and I died only running after my baby and running away from my other baby.

Thats how loyal my babys are!!! big_smile

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#5 2018-04-04 18:39:34

TrustyWay

FounderOne wrote:

Today I got one little girl. I called her Snow. My older daughter Aaban, Snow and me were a happy family. I went to the clothes and gave snow the best clothes I could find.
Snow started then to run away from me, after I gave her the best clothes. I run after her, because I wanted to rebuild this city and we needed more girls and the nice clothes.

On my way I found a bow and arrow on the ground. To save the clothes and end it quick I grabbed it and run after her.
She died on starvation. A few seconds later a new baby was born. I put all the clothes on the baby and it said "lol same mum" and run again away.

The next baby was a boy. I shouted at him "Is it you again?" He didnt replied. I gave him the clothes and headded back to the town. Then again a new baby spawned and said "lol same mum" and run. I grabbed the bow again and run after her. I reached and shoot her this time. She died with my arrow in her. My son logged out and also died.
Again I was alone, still in the wilderness. Probatly twenty years later after I run after my girl I reached the city again. I saw my daughter she did great. I told her the wild story and she got a baby. I was getting old, probatly it was my last baby. When it spawned it said "lol same mum" and run around.
I got angry told my daughter that we need to kill it. I then put it in the sheep pen, but couldnt hold it in the pen, because it run around so much. It run around and trolled me. I told my daughter again that we need to kill that monster, but she didnt wanted to. I thought about the bow in the wild and run as fast as I could to get that bow again. I saw my daughter caring about that troll and I just shoot the troll baby so it wont destroy the city. After all that fcked running I was just thinking the baddest things it could do when it was grown.

My daughter went crazy and I told her that I needed to do it. I put the bow and arrow on the ground and wanted to start working. Clean the city, do the things that I wanted to do thirty years ago. But at the same moment I saw my daughter grab the bow and she hunted me. My last words were  "Why me?" then the arrow hit me and I died only running after my baby and running away from my other baby.

Yeah some babies are fuckers

#6 2018-04-04 19:15:15

chikenvoice

Simone wrote:

Am I the only one who feels loyalty to who raises me? I always try to help my mom achieve her goal or bring her a gift when I can.

You sound Italian big_smile LA MAMMA!

I feel the same. A mother really makes a difference for me. If she talks to me and gives me a nice name, I feel like a valuable member of the family and work really hard for the village. When it's the opposite and when I stay an unnamed naked baby I just can't bring myself to care about the tribe and most of the times just run off and survive traveling around.

#7 2018-04-04 19:52:14

IronBear

FounderOne wrote:

That is why my motto is "Dumb babies die and smart babies live"

Basically if my baby does something dumb like run around, I don't waste time on it, even things are good.  But if I abondoned a baby and it is smart enough to keep up with me, then I will try to help it then.

Dumb babies will make for dumb adults.

#8 2018-04-04 22:11:26

Goliath

Simone wrote:

depends what they say, I've had my mom threaten to kill me with a knife when I reached of age. So I grabbed a
bow and said kaw-pow as an infant and raised myself off pies.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#9 2018-04-04 22:40:08

Baker

I mean sometimes I don't hate or love my mother. Most of the time they raise me until I have hair and I never see them again, Maybe they put me by a fire and some other random women look after me.  To them, I'm just another one of the many kids, nothing special.

As a mother, I try not to get too attached to my kids. I'll do what I can to keep them alive but often once they get older seldom make it to adulthood. It is really sad that so many of my kids die right next to the farm, even with a carrot in their hand.

I can't help but feel proud of the  few ones that do survive tho.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#10 2018-04-04 23:09:59

R.Armishaw

I was really touched when I was a mother, and had many kids.  I stood by the fire and kept not only my kids fed, but all the neighbourhood kids fed as well. I was the nursemaid. Everytime my food bar got low, I noticed some food was ready for me (a carrot, or pie). Then I noticed my first son pulling a whole cart of carrots toward me. He had been carrying food over to me since he was able. He kept me fed while I helped the town. What a lovely son.  He never abandoned me.  I did it until I was too old to breast feed, and then someone else took over.

#11 2018-04-04 23:22:50

Alleria

Goliath wrote:
Simone wrote:

depends what they say, I've had my mom threaten to kill me with a knife when I reached of age. So I grabbed a
bow and said kaw-pow as an infant and raised myself off pies.

Fake. You do know that you can't use a bow until you're an adult?

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#12 2018-04-04 23:45:29

Alleria

I just had a life in Murdertown/Trump Town on Server 3 where our town of about 10 was wiped out (bar me) by a couple of bow/knife wielding brigands. 

When I was born (male), I noticed there was a murder body, buzzing around but nobody seemed fazed so I ignored it. Once I reached age 10, my cousin Bill ran around town yelling "Bear!". Still being a child, unable to use a bow, and skilled enough (so I thought) to dodge bears, I ignored it and carried on working*. I saw the bear a few times, but it never bothered me. I heard the sound of a bow death, and knew something was up. Like my cousin, I ran around yelling "Murder!?". I find the brigands yelling at all the onlookers that they're all next to die - for whatever reason, nobody seemed to do anything. I went to find a weapon, when I come across Bill from before, running into the death zone. I yell at him to stop and that there are griefers, until he stops in the middle of the death zone and takes an arrow. I run around the death zone hurling abuse at the two brigands, while one kills the other while trying to kill me. Eventually the lone brigand leaves and I kill the amok bear, tend the farms and bodies preventing any loss of seed, bush, and clothing. Just as I finish, I hear footsteps... she had returned, but this time, with no weapon. I chase her with a knife, asking her why she did it. Her, being an experienced player typed while evading me, and I ascertained she did it because we had killed her mother when she came to town wanting to trade. It all came back to me... I remembered the buzzing murder victim that nobody cared about.

We had a good chat, and it turns out she was an anti-griefer too. My family literally killed her families matriarch for the clothes off her back. After, we both returned to our respective homes, to live out our days alone. I spent the rest of my life roaming the bearlands south-west of Trump Town and ended up killing a total of 8 bears (my personal record). While fighting my ninth bear, I misclicked and ended up dead by bear at the age of 54, the irony didn't escape me. My only regret is that now my clothes are rotting away, and I didn't leave Trump Town as neat as I should of. If anyone repopulates Trump Town, please search for me in the south-west bearlands. Just watch out for the bear with two arrows sticking out - and there's likely more bears too lol (that place was insane).

I wanted to share this, because it's inherently a revenge story about a families love for their mother, who my town brutally murdered. It saddens me that I lost a innocent few siblings and cousins younger than me who never learned the reason why they were killed - simply collateral damage. They likely felt like this was another incident of petty griefing. I should also point out that my mum was excellent - giving me a complete tour, and that I definitely failed in my obligations to mum given I had her killer virtually at my mercy. For anyone wondering, I was Joe.

*It turned out the "brigands" lured a bear into our camp, that did most of the killing. Seems like a valid wartime strategy.

Bill, if you're reading this, never again tell someone to not eat berries. Berry is the superior food and all should know that by now.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-04-04 23:53:33)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

Board footer