One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-02-09 04:15:43

wondible

Re: Changes to the way personal curses function

MrGold wrote:

But why 30 days just seems like too much like 10 is better

I usually play once a week. 7 days would be just about "rest of the day", 10 would at least cover one more but still not be much. But perhaps "30 days or 30 lives" for the more active players.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#52 2020-02-09 04:55:19

fug

wondible wrote:
MrGold wrote:

But why 30 days just seems like too much like 10 is better

I usually play once a week. 7 days would be just about "rest of the day", 10 would at least cover one more but still not be much. But perhaps "30 days or 30 lives" for the more active players.

30 days is fine imo. 10 days was generally too short as someone who plays once a week you only really ever avoided them for the rest of the day vs now where you can finally be rid of them for a big chunk of time.

Also the new curse system + hierarchy system works wonders. Watching two different families basically give a guy 10 curses for shooting someone for being brown was pretty great.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#53 2020-02-10 19:45:12

AmberA

I love this change. Even as someone who actively hunts griefers which causes me to get cursed.

I've already been born in and seen 2 older relatives with black text. And you know what.. one ended up being a griefer and the other was a troll that eventually just went afk. So yeah, very glad that i was able to keep an eye on them early. I'll start keeping track of who I curse and why so I can remember the really evil griefers.

I should also note that recently the griefers I've come across were actually "reasonable" people. Meaning, when I asked them about why they were griefing they actually answered truthfully, most common answer is that they were bored.

Like my uncle that built a personal property that only he owned, he asked if I wanted to see his "awesome cottage". I followed him, he assumed I was a noob but I have zoom mod and saw that he had nothing inside his property except an open gate and a bow inside off-screen. He claimed it was for hunting but I told him that hunting rabbits doesn't use a bow and I called him out on being a griefer, he admitted that he was just bored. I was too young to curse him and by the time I was old enough he ran off.

#54 2020-02-10 20:40:01

AmberA

Oh an added suggestion, maybe after X amount of curses, those players can't pickup knives & bows.

Board footer