One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 16:10:44

TrustyWay

Any feral/nomad people ?

Have you ever started a nomad family ?

I tried but it is quiet hard, you can't be more than 3 and that's already hard enough with 3, you have to make sure they know what to do or wont suicide when adult.

My strategy was simple : Try to make bow and arrow, get skins and give it to youngest, make baskets. When they are enough old, then give everything to kids and leave. If people were really into each life this strategy would have the best chance to spread his dynasty all over the map until somes that know how to play decide to settle for good.

Share your experiences, your thoughts.

#2 2018-04-03 16:18:00

Portager

Re: Any feral/nomad people ?

I had a wild eve mother who once followed this strategy, she birthed me and dropped me off at a partially established camp and asked me to get it up and running. I had a family there, and she moved on to the west and presumably had more children who also started their own camps. In old age she returned to meet her grand-kids. This is actually not a bad strategy, especially for young girls. Adolescent girls have a good 10 minutes or so to get all the basics setup at the camp before they have to worry about having children of their own. It was one of my most memorable games to be honest.

I suppose one could also rove around in a group, scavenging and foraging, but I am not sure that this is a very sustainable long term strategy (especially without a cart or backpacks).

#3 2018-04-03 16:22:38

Lexyvil

When I first started playing and started out in the wilderness as an Eve or born as kid far from civilization, I often took that opportunity to improve my nomadic skills by scouring for lands that had vital resources for a civ, all by foraging or scavenging along the way. My priority was always to get a basket and then a reed skirt before proceeding to find a good place to settle and stop my nomadic ways~

I try to avoid being nomadic too much too, since I'm afraid of being too far from where people usually are, which will make the area I'm in prone to return to its natural state from being a lonely place. But it's fun to do when you want to explore and find ruins and abandonned settlements.

Last edited by Lexyvil (2018-04-03 16:25:36)

#4 2018-04-03 16:27:17

yvanhooe

I think a fully dressed couple with a cart filled of baskets could forage enough to survive. One carries the cart, the other, the baby. One baby per adult minus one. Stop at berries bushes to refill, maybe a sharp stone for a few carrots. Now there are cactus fruits too.

I often spend the last half of my life as a nomad. Get a few things running in the camp, usually clothing. Then if I can get a backpack, four carrots or a pie and I go down explore, especially if I can find a road. Half of the time I find an desert camp with tons of precious stuff and bring back a cart of valuables to my original camp before wandering again.

Actually, it has worked so well now that a lot of relatively developed camps have been set up that I often grab a basket of carrots as soon as I can and I go explore around. It is not uncommon that I come back fully clothed.

#5 2018-04-03 18:38:41

Aname

I was a nomad one time had a daughter and a son and a grandson we stopped at a little settlement to make some pies and go on.
and we grabbed a cart full of carrots.

but then  we moved and a bear cam trying to attack us. my family ran a other direction then me. they didnt got killed tho but i got the cart of pies. so it was pretty sad.

i died at the age of 60 eating the last pies in the cart. and i died alone preying that my family survived

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#6 2018-04-03 18:58:47

stickyflypaper

I've been a solitary nomad a few times. When I had a baby, I stopped at any little settlement Found, raised them until they could take care of themselves, and then move on, leaving them behind.
That was before last names were added to the game. Might be a good way to spread the family tree around. Although it can also be difficult and requires a bit of luck.
Rather than wander randomly, it's better to go around a known path.

#7 2018-04-04 08:42:54

pein

once i did a 30 min run when i choosed to die
mom, sis and me the guy was running she kept all tld them to run left, we waited each other, me and sis were pretty good at game, until she choosed to give up after several of my sisters and brothers died, no niece came. my is wnt afk, we fed her, my mom died old age. kid didnt realize that i try help, mom is afk. wanted to say goodbye to  my mom and forcefeed the kid, but jumped out my hand so lineage broken, was everything untouched that game, e were nomadic cause no other option. not a single village.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer