One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-12 09:01:36

JasonY

Most annoying/strange people in-game?

There a lot of annoying and weird people you can come across in-game.

Personally, beggers annoy me the most. Almost every baby expects to be clothed and it can get really annoying, especially if they jump out and run off to hump a BP they saw. A strange and also sometimes annoying thing people do is asking to be killed, Usually, they are baiting you to get cursed and killed. Today I had someone so sad that they threatened to grief if I didn't kill her.

So tell me, What's the most annoying or strange person you've found in-game?

Need Content

#2 2020-01-12 09:33:02

jcwilk

Re: Most annoying/strange people in-game?

JasonY wrote:

Personally, beggers annoy me the most. Almost every baby expects to be clothed and it can get really annoying, especially if they jump out and run off to hump a BP they saw. A strange and also sometimes annoying thing people do is asking to be killed, Usually, they are baiting you to get cursed and killed. Today I had someone so sad that they threatened to grief if I didn't kill her.

The bb thing isn't annoying to me, having to make my own bp as a bb is so annoying... Getting one for free is night and day and they get snatched up real quick in small camps.

The baiting to get killed thing is bizarre, i mean I've baited people to curse me to get to dt but can't imagine why someone would bother getting killed rather than just stripping and starving or finding a nice wolf. Maybe to get lineage locked out? Is that still a thing?

Probably the folks who annoy me the most are the pretentious twats who brag in-game about their hour count and expect the red carpet to get rolled out, or think they're a famous player that people ought to be excited about having the privilege of playing near. Get over yourselves, it's a game, if someone was important enough to give a shit about they'd be spending their time on something besides playing a niche mmo #realTalk

#3 2020-01-12 09:47:19

JasonY

jcwilk wrote:
JasonY wrote:

The bb thing isn't annoying to me, having to make my own bp as a bb is so annoying... Getting one for free is night and day and they get snatched up real quick in small camps.

Interesting, I mean sure if theirs a surplus I'll give them. I just don't like it when they hump clothes or beg when it's a poor town.

Last edited by JasonY (2020-01-12 09:51:47)

Need Content

#4 2020-01-12 10:11:13

jcwilk

JasonY wrote:
jcwilk wrote:
JasonY wrote:

Interesting, I mean sure if theirs a surplus I'll give them. I just don't like it when they hump clothes or beg when it's a poor town.

Well I mean, if it's just lying on the ground unused then ya of course you should equip your bb with it, if it's being worn or being saved for something in particular or the bb is telling you to craft it then time for kick the bb

Edit - plus moving over something and humping it is usually the most efficient way to communicate when you can only type a letter or two at a time

Last edited by jcwilk (2020-01-12 10:12:25)

#5 2020-01-12 10:13:41

pein

the idiot girl who shears al lthe sheep but never feeds any and feeds every naked with the food you make
generally begs for others to give them apron, knife

the "smith" who never gets kindling, but makes 1 item with the fire
had this idiot radio builder I stabbed cause I wanted to make trellis, she made antennas and refused to make charcoal

the idiot last girl who goes hunting, makes fast roads middle of city then dies to a wolf or something

the worst was twins who brought back the bones to the city making a huge dump of graves, blocking off the city, then taking babies there to show it, then they cursed and killed me for mentioning that is useless and annoying

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2020-01-12 10:56:21

sigmen4020

I made a thread not too long ago about two such types of people:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8889

People who do hostile takeovers of peoples jobs, or “helping” in a very deconstructive way. And people who quite literally beg you to give away your stuff to them, expecting you to be a convenient charity to them, just because you’re labeled as family in-game.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#7 2020-01-12 11:11:23

Spoonwood

jcwilk wrote:

Edit - plus moving over something and humping it is usually the most efficient way to communicate when you can only type a letter or two at a time

Yes. 

A year ago I got born to an Eve who had the primary tools lying on the ground.  We had hot coals and a rabbit near them, if not a few.  I went over to the hot coals and tried to point at them.  I had some lag.  Next thing I saw there was a flat rock on the hot coals.  She said soon after something like 'oh, you meant cook rabbit'.  I got some more lag, and suddenly there's a minced rabbit in a clay bowl.  She said 'leave rabbit'.  I didn't see her after that.  We had some iron in our camp when I was born.  She died to the bite of some wolf, suggesting, of course, that she was trying to get more iron.

Her name was Eve Atlas: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2982542

I have to wonder if I've ever spoken to the person who was Eve Atlas on the forums or elsewhere.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2020-01-12 12:16:25

JasonY

jcwilk wrote:
JasonY wrote:
jcwilk wrote:

Well I mean, if it's just lying on the ground unused then ya of course you should equip your bb with it, if it's being worn or being saved for something in particular or the bb is telling you to craft it then time for kick the bb

Idk, I guess i'm the only one. To me, it just seems like they are being needy.

I guess what really annoys me is if you jump out and run off. It's just that most babies who do that are doing it for gear. I'm not gonna chase if you because you saw a backpack in zoom out mode.

Need Content

#9 2020-01-12 12:36:47

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I hate people that scream about needing things but have no idea how to get them.

Need water need water
Make a godamn engine then. Go fill a bucket.

Take action you lazy asses

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2020-01-12 14:00:53

Gogo
Banned

babblers - they babbling for a long time about their previous lifes and family
bossy ppl - they're too bossy and rude, shout too much and don't work
'dads' - creeps around fireplace
offended - you can't argue with them, they pause on one aspect or don't even read you

also

mob - they kill and curse ppl who fight back in self-defence

Last edited by Gogo (2020-01-12 14:29:29)

#11 2020-01-12 15:41:37

Cantface

I hate too many cooks in the kitchen if I'm baking and lighting the oven, one other person helping isn't an issue, any more than three however WILL cause me to get salty and call ppl out. Especially since when I bake I make yum pies, bread, butter if we have cows etc. Turkey etc. Could barely click on the oven cause of crowding, I told ppl to get out and said we didn't need two extra people and I said we needed space. They just went "lol she triggered about pie" My rage climbing, I took out my knife and they left. Didn't stab anyone but they kept harassing me afterwards like I did somethin lol. Don't run into the kitchen and pretend like you helped make anything is my point and don't put a FCKIN TURKEY IN THE OVEN BEFORE THE PIES ARE DONE YOU CHUNGUS.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-12 15:47:30)

Breasticles

#12 2020-01-12 18:56:37

Punkypal

pein wrote:

the idiot girl who shears al lthe sheep but never feeds any.

If all the sheep need to be sheared then the problem is whomever fed all the sheep and didn't shear them. This person you mentioned is just stopping the sheep pen from becoming a massive lamb grave, leaving no place to set anything down.

Last edited by Punkypal (2020-01-12 18:57:16)

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#13 2020-01-12 19:22:12

Villas

Babies who jump on clothes and keep humping are annoying, but I know it’s needed. I do that even knowing it’s annoying (I admit when it’s not my kid begging, I take the bp and give to another kid on the fire, sorry I can’t resist).

Who annoyed me today was a lady who was massively feeding sheeps, she empties all bushes several times and I had to run like crazy making compost, getting soil in the wild to water the bushes and as soon as the berries appeared, the woman took all of them. She kept doing that until she died of old age, but that was fine, at least I made like 12 piles of compost. What annoyed me was that we didn’t have that many food, and the pen was full, sheeps couldn’t even move, without berries the kids started eating pies, but everything ended ok.

What most annoys me are the rude boss players, if your baby new player wears a turkey as hat they threaten kill the person instead of just asking the hat. Or if someone tries helping/learn smithing/baking people get mad and say rude things, even threaten kill them. I think that’s ridiculous, being rude because people got in the way or are trying to help (unless the person is disturbing on purpose).

#14 2020-01-12 20:01:51

pein

Punkypal wrote:
pein wrote:

the idiot girl who shears al lthe sheep but never feeds any.

If all the sheep need to be sheared then the problem is whoever fed all the sheep and didn't shear them. This person you mentioned is just stopping the sheep pen from becoming a massive lamb grave, leaving no place to set anything down.

no it's just going for the resources, she has no intention of cleaning it

fleece belongs to the one who feeds it
if you want to prevent lambs from cluttering, put a box on the wall, they decay in there

or better expand it

villas, pies are still better than berry
it was before and now is even better
1/4th of a pie is cheaper than 3-4berries
you can get wild wheat then even better
even if they overeat the pie is more efficient than eat berries until full

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#15 2020-01-12 20:02:45

happynova

Babies who see clothes or a bp on the ground nearby and quietly call your attention to it are usually fine.  Ones that get pissed off if you don't instantly drop whatever you're in the middle of to grab stuff for them, or who leap out of your arms to do it or dash off across town to find stuff, not so much.  Kid, if you run off, especially if the game doesn't tell me you're new, I'm gonna assume you don't want to live too badly, and it's entirely possible you're not getting picked up again.  And if I think you're deliberately running off to die, you're probably getting cursed, too.

The ones that really annoy me are the ones who start going "Clothes, clothes, clothes!" when they can see there aren't any goddamn clothes.  Kid, if we had clothes to give you, would I be running around naked?  I would not. I was probably trying to get some for myself when you popped in and interrupted me.  If you were less entitled, I might have made them for you first, but now if I manage to get some, I'm probably keeping them for myself.

People who shear all the sheep also annoy me, especially the ones who swoop in the instant I feed one of the pen full of naked sheep, shear it again, and run off with the wool.  They're often the reason the entitled baby and I are both naked.  (I had a very frustrating time with that today, in fact.)

Admittedly, a lot of them probably don't know better, but that leads us to my other kind of most annoying player: the person who doesn't have a clue what they're doing but won't let you teach them or listen when you try to tell them.  I would happily and patiently teach you anything you need to know, if I'm able to, but if you'd rather go no thanks, run around picking up random crap and getting in everybody's way until you starve feeling frustrated and clueless, okay.

#16 2020-01-12 23:07:56

coriander

1. People who take your shit without asking first. Even if they have good intentions, it's annoying.

2. People who loiter in the nursery despite the surplus of nurses, especially infertile women and men.

#17 2020-01-13 01:14:52

Legs

coriander wrote:

People who loiter in the nursery

I like to loiter in the nursery in my last few years of old age shouting about how I'm a crazy old man/woman with a knife and spamming murder mouth at all the different babies. I'm careful to never actually hurt anyone, I just think it's hilarious how cagey and nervous the room gets. Sometimes clingy mothers kill me for it but I always die of old age before the wound gets me.

Loco Motion

#18 2020-01-13 03:42:10

pein

old whisler bitch stole all buckets and tools

like is faster to make it at home but some people just enjoy ruining other active cities to make their own shit camp

#19 2020-01-13 03:53:58

MapleSugar

serial murderer in primal town

Sorry my poor english.
---  ....  ---  .-..

#20 2020-01-13 04:23:52

Punkypal

pein wrote:

if you want to prevent lambs from cluttering, put a box on the wall, they decay in there

I'm not sure you are aware, but a sheep with wool on will start cranking out dead continuously. One sheep with wool on will leave about 6 dead lambs in the pen at all times. I'm really not sure what sticking a few in a box does about it, the sheep keeps on making more lambs no matter where you stick them.

If you feed all the sheep and you aren't shearing them, then I really don't know how to help you, but I for one wish you would stop if you don't plan to harvest the wool.

I once sheared a pen with about 10 sheep in it, all full wool. Every inch of ground had a dead lamb or living lamb. It was hard to do because there was no place to put anything down. I literally had to run out of the pen each time with the fleece to spin the thread because I couldn't drop it to use spindle in the pen. I wasn't even using the yarn, just putting it in a box. Just as I get done some asshat comes at me with a knife for "stealing his wool" (again, it was all in a box, I didn't care who took it. I don't know where he thought I had it hidden). I don't know if he was serious or he just was some kind of RP'er that makes up silly shit in his head and acts it out. Those sheep were unattended for at least 10 minutes. Anyway, after chasing me around for about 60 seconds someone put an arrow into him as I recall. I guess he had been being a general pain for a while.

So anyway, based off that experience, to me, the dude who claims he fed the sheep and then buggers off to fuckall is the weirdo. Just because you fed a sheep once doesn't mean nobody else can ever use that wool forever. If you want it, get it. If you leave it, it ain't yours anymore. Don't plant carrots if you aren't going to harvest them. Don't light a oven fire if you aren't going to bake anything, and don't feed sheep if you aren't prepared to shear them.

Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos

#21 2020-01-13 04:26:25

Punkypal

Legs wrote:

I like to loiter in the nursery in my last few years of old age shouting about how I'm a crazy old man/woman with a knife and spamming murder mouth at all the different babies.

Someday Legs will say something that surprises me, but today ain't it.

#22 2020-01-13 04:29:49

DestinyCall

Legs wrote:
coriander wrote:

People who loiter in the nursery

I like to loiter in the nursery in my last few years of old age shouting about how I'm a crazy old man/woman with a knife and spamming murder mouth at all the different babies. I'm careful to never actually hurt anyone, I just think it's hilarious how cagey and nervous the room gets. Sometimes clingy mothers kill me for it but I always die of old age before the wound gets me.

And then you complain about people cursing you "for no reason".    Same old Legs.

#23 2020-01-13 06:44:39

Mekkie

Babies humping loot on ground dont bother me.  Babies harrassing old people do.

#24 2020-01-13 08:33:12

Erudaru

- The noob babies that jump intentionally out of your arms all the time.

- The people who just can't bother to respond with a simple yes/no when you ask them for help of something.

#25 2020-01-13 08:48:08

JackTreehorn

People who hide our most time intensive stuff somewhere in the wilderness i.e engines, radios, batteries, bottled liquids, horses and rubber seals.

Eve Audette

Board footer