One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-06 19:41:51

Cantface

To my griefer daughter, Tamila Moon. Not so missed connection!

I was Thoris, your ma!
Thanks for gaslighting me in game, like I don't get that enough already lol. I fed you, clothed you, even warned everyone that your first words were F U and as soon as you were old enough all you did was follow me around, call me a bitch and a bad mom and turn some other roleplay idiots into your posse and chase me with a knife for ages while calling me a troll and a liar. She stabbed me and again tried to tell everyone I was the bad guy, I reiterated that I wasn't and said sorry to my baby son who I warned about the whole situation but our convo was overheard by zoomers.
I have never once caused murder and mayhem for no reason in OHOL. That shit was whack and I hope you get revenge killed and cursed to oblivion. Don't Martha Mitchell me and thanks for being the skinniest of all peens on this earth.
(_).)==D:*::*:...

Thanks to Rik Moon! Took Tamila out not so long ago, last words; "I got sulfur and killed a griefer for the town" If you're here, thanks for doing good work and taking out the trash. <3

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-07 00:39:35)

Breasticles

#2 2020-01-06 22:42:30

testo

Re: To my griefer daughter, Tamila Moon. Not so missed connection!

Cantface wrote:

Thanks for gaslighting me in game, like I don't get that enough already lol. I fed you, clothed you, even warned everyone that your first words were F U and as soon as you were old enough all you did was follow me around, call me a bitch and a bad mom and turn some other roleplay idiots into your posse and chase me with a knife for ages while calling me a troll and a liar. She stabbed me and again tried to tell everyone I was the bad guy, I reiterated that I wasn't and said sorry to my baby son who I warned about the whole situation but our convo was overheard by zoomers.
I have never once caused murder and mayhem for no reason in OHOL. That shit was whack and I hope you get revenge killed and cursed to oblivion. Don't Martha Mitchell me and thanks for being the skinniest of all peens on this earth.
(_).)==D:*::*:...

Thanks to Rik Moon! Took Tamila out not so long ago, last words; "I got sulfur and killed a griefer for the town" If you're here, thanks for doing good work and taking out the trash. <3

In all honesty a baby that says FU should be killed asap. Last time I had  a girl that started calling everyone names. I asked what was wrong and she said die. I kid you not: I stabbed her twice, but alas, stupid SJW in this game saved her and ended up stabbing me even when I publicly warned everyone what was happening. Bottomline to all the assholes that stab as soon as they see someone killing a baby: Get a clue about what is happening, most of the times the mom is the one that actually knows what is happening. A griefer wouldn´t even care about raising children anyways.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#3 2020-01-06 23:11:36

Villas

testo wrote:

In all honesty a baby that says FU should be killed asap. Last time I had  a girl that started calling everyone names. I asked what was wrong and she said die. I kid you not: I stabbed her twice, but alas, stupid SJW in this game saved her and ended up stabbing me even when I publicly warned everyone what was happening. Bottomline to all the assholes that stab as soon as they see someone killing a baby: Get a clue about what is happening, most of the times the mom is the one that actually knows what is happening. A griefer wouldn´t even care about raising children anyways.

That's true, but I gave up on killing babies when I was sent to donkey town months ago for killing my baby who said "I" "W" "I" "L" "L" "K" "I" "L" "L" "U", I ran south to starve the little ass, but he ran north again, I  said to don't feed the baby, but people thought I was griefing, It's weird to kill a baby or convince people the baby said something, I stabbed him and the whole town cursed me. I had to waste 1 hour in donkey town because of that.

#4 2020-01-06 23:38:58

Cantface

testo wrote:

Right??? It's ridiculous, someone chain killed me after I stabbed one of my kids (for acting shady as hell like the reasons we mentioned) and he acted like the hero!(I think she got healed also)I think I said I hope she grows up to destroy the place which I remember was a place full of fire camping moms and roleplay nutjobs, like the whole town just ganged up on me and I believe that resulted in my first ever triple curse!

I have stabbed a kid once a long while back when they kept following and calling me names even though I fully clothed her and cared for her etc, nobody got involved that life but people avoided me, I noticed. Didn't mess up my day, the rest of my years was peaceful.

I remember another time vaguely being cussed out for stabbing a bby of mine who's first word was just straight up vile racism. Tried to explain why racist words=bad but they pulled the baby killer card on me and healed racist bby. I guess we gotta act like we in the damn dark ages because wow realism woohoo.

I've raised a boy named Ali who killed me with a bow and arrow because he grew old and I gave my stuff away to someone else and apparently I didn't care ENOUGH about him. That was literally the reason, never even got an attitude with this guy and I've had these types of babies many many times.

This is why I generally really stay weary of roleplayers unless it's harmless and fun. There are some straight up WEIRDOS who disturbed me so much I can't count the number of times I've had to 'take a break' from this game. I have to switch playstyles to stay sane lol. Can't always stab every bad child and start a chain murder, the adrenaline I get from killing griefers was way too much so I TRY not to get involved...If I like the town though? I fight for it or at least try to do so. I get stabbed/shot occasionally lol.

Now I know at least that you are one of the sane people that will not try to chastise or kill me if my kid is a problem and I take em out. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Sorry for textwalling you btw.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-07 01:46:57)

Breasticles

#5 2020-01-06 23:56:08

Cantface

Villas wrote:

That's true, but I gave up on killing babies when I was sent to donkey town months ago for killing my baby who said "I" "W" "I" "L" "L" "K" "I" "L" "L" "U", I ran south to starve the little ass, but he ran north again, I  said to don't feed the baby, but people thought I was griefing, It's weird to kill a baby or convince people the baby said something, I stabbed him and the whole town cursed me. I had to waste 1 hour in donkey town because of that.

I understand you, I tend to be less trigger happy now because these situations can get out of hand really fast. You can be painted the villain really easily, it's so feckin common a tactic for griefers to lie, decieve and manipulate others into wars and murders and yet it's hard to take them out if they have any kind of following or family that they've poisoned against you. These are the WORST places to be, if it gets bad I either leave and try to relocate or leave and make a bow and arrow in the far wilds and try to get revenge on whoever it is that's causing trouble. I remember coming back to town as an old white woman, new bow in hand and killing a younger but aging ginger guy,(a killer) who by the the time I returned had killed literally everyone in town. It was such an empty victory that he even jabbed at me like "Enjoy the empty town" It still felt good to avenge my family in the end.

Sometimes though the town will work together to fight the chaos and to people's credit there are some really great players out there that try to balance out the shitty and the good.

Breasticles

#6 2020-01-07 00:05:11

Spoonwood

testo wrote:

Might be better to run out of town, and throw the baby onto the ground and let it starve.  Or to use wild animals.  Not that this makes for a happy situation though, and it's a shame having children that can't get disciplined to behave maturely.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-01-07 00:28:43

Cantface

Spoonwood wrote:

Might be better to run out of town, and throw the baby onto the ground and let it starve.  Or to use wild animals.  Not that this makes for a happy situation though, and it's a shame having children that can't get disciplined to behave maturely.

Chains, stocks, jail cells or even just handcuffs would provide some decent restraints so we wouldn't always have to resort to starving, animal mauling, stabbing or shooting people. How I wish people wouldn't abuse the mechanics so we could have nice things!

( )و*͙˚*GIVE US CHAINS OF JUSTICE!*˚͙ *

Breasticles

#8 2020-01-07 03:12:42

Villas

Cantface wrote:

I understand you, I tend to be less trigger happy now because these situations can get out of hand really fast. You can be painted the villain really easily, it's so feckin common a tactic for griefers to lie, decieve and manipulate others into wars and murders and yet it's hard to take them out if they have any kind of following or family that they've poisoned against you. These are the WORST places to be, if it gets bad I either leave and try to relocate or leave and make a bow and arrow in the far wilds and try to get revenge on whoever it is that's causing trouble. I remember coming back to town as an old white woman, new bow in hand and killing a younger but aging ginger guy,(a killer) who by the the time I returned had killed literally everyone in town. It was such an empty victory that he even jabbed at me like "Enjoy the empty town" It still felt good to avenge my family in the end.

Sometimes though the town will work together to fight the chaos and to people's credit there are some really great players out there that try to balance out the shitty and the good.

It reminds me that griefer http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5740238
I named her “Curstin” (I said “you are curse”) because I knew she was a problem from last life, killed people because of a crown, her mother didn’t believe me, the girl didn’t had a name and when I went to name her, she ran and said “F U”, I was sure she was the griefer. I tried to kill her, but her mother was like “WTF, she’s just a baby” “Can’t even talk, imagine killing”, there was nothing I could do to convince them.

I died and an hour later I checked the family tree, the girl literally wiped her town and murdered even her mother and newborns.

Baby griefers are terrible, when we pick on them because we know they are griefers, people tend to believe we are the bad ones.

#9 2020-01-07 03:23:19

Spoonwood

Cantface wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Chains, stocks, jail cells or even just handcuffs would provide some decent restraints so we wouldn't always have to resort to starving, animal mauling, stabbing or shooting people. How I wish people wouldn't abuse the mechanics so we could have nice things!

In principle, yes.  But, those things can fall into the wrong hands also, so it's not so clear that things would work that way.

Danish Clinch.

#10 2020-01-07 06:12:56

pein

last time I had a baby while getting oil for the town

I had a fire in the ice so even better heat than normally
I fed her a few times then she told  me FU

then I told er I wont feed him
he was like "I love you" and shit after but was quite funny when he grew hair at 3 and run out of the ice biome, he just starved in 5 tiles
probably if he runs a bit earlier, the road would have carried him to a bush, but was  unlikely at that point

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2020-01-07 10:30:26

JasonY

You should have stabbed her yourself.

Need Content

#12 2020-01-07 13:59:44

sigmen4020

pein wrote:

he was like "I love you" and shit after but was quite funny when he grew hair at 3 and run out of the ice biome, he just starved in 5 tiles
probably if he runs a bit earlier, the road would have carried him to a bush, but was  unlikely at that point

That's pretty funny. Rude kids deserve that fate lol.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#13 2020-01-07 14:10:01

Cantface

Villas wrote:

It reminds me that griefer http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5740238
I named her “Curstin” (I said “you are curse”) because I knew she was a problem from last life, killed people because of a crown, her mother didn’t believe me, the girl didn’t had a name and when I went to name her, she ran and said “F U”, I was sure she was the griefer. I tried to kill her, but her mother was like “WTF, she’s just a baby” “Can’t even talk, imagine killing”, there was nothing I could do to convince them.

I died and an hour later I checked the family tree, the girl literally wiped her town and murdered even her mother and newborns.

Baby griefers are terrible, when we pick on them because we know they are griefers, people tend to believe we are the bad ones.

That's a big oof. She massacred everyone Jesus Christ were they all newish players? That sucks big time. I've seen many ppl hold a knife/ bow and stand on the griefers' tile struggling to figure out how to shoot/stab. One person gave me their knife, I stabbed an afro man griefer but he had an old lady dreadlock healer that stitched him up and killed me straight after, I should have tried to run when I saw he had help but I didn't and got f'ed up. Sorry about your fam, but if they didn't listen to you it was their own fault entirely, that could have been avoided.

Spoonwood wrote:

In principle, yes.  But, those things can fall into the wrong hands also, so it's not so clear that things would work that way.

I'm super aware that it would be abused, which is why I said the nice things comment, we can't get anything too nice because others spoil the enjoyment with their antics. We got snowballs instead and even that got misused lmao.

pein wrote:

They only said I love you because good kids say it and they thought they could be slick and get away for revenge lol. Glad it didn't work out for him.

If I'm ever far from town and give birth to a problem bby I'll try to starve them out, I remember once a bby tried to jump out towards the home marker after I said they're not getting fed but they died literally steps away from the town. I told people around what happened, just in case. I think like one person took issue but nothing major happened after that.

JasonY wrote:

You should have stabbed her yourself.

Yeah absolutely, can't disagree with you there. I was trying to avoid the adrenaline and panic of being a griefer hunter in all honesty but it doesn't work if you get harrased and chased. I should have just sorted it out as the mother, as I always see my problem children as my responsibility, my fault. More mothers in game should think and feel this way.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-07 14:14:05)

Breasticles

#14 2020-01-07 15:30:17

Cantface

I just thought, if handcuffs could be placed ONLY on character sprites holding bloody weapons, I think that could work (if it's possible to code them like a clothing slot that can only be placed by a person holding the cuffs on someone with a bloody weapon.) Then interrogations could happen and nobody could misuse the restraints by trying to put them on someone innocent.

Hmm, just a thought.

( ό)و *:*::*:

Breasticles

#15 2020-01-07 16:53:33

Legs

Cantface wrote:

I've seen many ppl hold a knife/ bow and stand on the griefers' tile struggling to figure out how to shoot/stab.

This is always so awkward. It's like they're filled with this shameful stupidity and anger that just makes them totally helpless. Some griefer's hiding the knitting needles, bellows, buckets and luring bears into town. I replace the items and kill five bears before I find the griefer and shoot them. Some useless idiot that was begging for backpacks because he couldn't make one himself sees that and runs over naked with a knife.

I stand there watching them fumble while they try to murder me. What do you even do at that point? Patiently wait for them to figure it out? It's clear that they're just a harmless idiot but they're trying to kill you. So I say I'll show you how to do it and stab him. Oh no! I just stabbed that guy for no reason! Just like how I shot that other guy for no reason! It's an evil murdering griefer!!

So a third guy with a turkey on his head comes running over and grabs the knife. I patiently wait for the cooldown to expire while he also fumbles and fails to stab me. I ask him if he wants to learn too. I stab him too, because I'm getting fed up at this point. Finally someone with more than two brain cells comes and kills me because I was killing griefers and slaughtering useless berry munchers while they tried to kill me.

Usually at that point I'm already an old man and I've had a very productive life, improving and protecting the town. So I don't really care. It's just sort of tiresome. Seems like the only winning move is not to play, because if you take out someone evil you'll usually get killed in revenge. All you can do is stay out of it and let the griefer run wild giving the town what it probably really deserves.

Loco Motion

#16 2020-01-07 18:14:54

Spoonwood

Legs wrote:

Seems like the only winning move is not to play, because if you take out someone evil you'll usually get killed in revenge.

I'm tempted to say "an eye for an eye makes the world blind", but really The Code of Hammurabi was an improvement over where people just got killed for any old transgression.  Your killing for transgression more fits with the pre-Code of Hammurabi law.  Unfortunately, you don't have many other options than cursing or standing ready to run or just hoping not to get killed by such griefers.  That said, if there was no murder in OHOL, such cycles of violence as you describe wouldn't exist.

Danish Clinch.

#17 2020-01-07 18:33:16

Cantface

Legs wrote:

Seems like the only winning move is not to play, because if you take out someone evil you'll usually get killed in revenge. All you can do is stay out of it and let the griefer run wild giving the town what it probably really deserves.

I believe some decent players grow so frustrated when they try to help and get dicked that they turn to griefing, like with first apocalypse and rift and I bet the new dropsy mechanic turned some people off too. I feel slightly saddened that ppls experiences have been so bad that they feel justified to go anti hero or villain or even just straight up leave and never return. It sucks but unfortunately this game isn't meant to be fun, it's meant to be hard. Usually I'm not into deep mechanical, strategic games (Tropico doesn't count I'm told lol) but for some reason a bunch of us just can't leave it alone and have to stay even if we hate  changes. This totally leads to anti-heroing eventually because you find yourself in situations like being gaslighted, murdered, kidnapped, starved, harrased very inappropriately or even just being named gay or virgin enough times can start to change the way good players act. I've seen members of the forum turn on people for admitting an anger fueled rage or shun them as trolls for being reactive when actually the best trolls are indeed some of the best players that just got pissed off. Whether it's right or not is grey but what isn't is the fact that this game is INTENDED to make you feel this way, otherwise offensive words would be censored and preventative measures would be taken to reduce player dissatisfaction. Being one man or not it could happen.
If you get beat up enough anywhere you're going to break emotionally. I don't wanna condemn anyone for carrying out their own personal justice in game but there's a difference between griefers here, they're not all the same, some are straight up disturbing and chaotic whereas others are more methodical and sometimes have a message. I understand these types of players because if I DIDN'T take any breaks from OHOL I would absolutely go crazy guaranteed.

Breasticles

#18 2020-01-07 19:05:29

Spoonwood

Cantface wrote:

I believe some decent players grow so frustrated when they try to help and get dicked that they turn to griefing, like with first apocalypse and rift and I bet the new dropsy mechanic turned some people off too.

I've seen people on the discord after The Rift ended admit to doing griefing during The Rift, because they hated it.  There was an individual who I twinned Eve with a few times and got born as one of his/her children later when s/he did an Eve run who ended up on the griefers discord during The Rift also (no idea if that discord is still active).

Danish Clinch.

#19 2020-01-07 20:31:49

Cantface

Spoonwood wrote:

I've seen people on the discord after The Rift ended admit to doing griefing during The Rift, because they hated it.  There was an individual who I twinned Eve with a few times and got born as one of his/her children later when s/he did an Eve run who ended up on the griefers discord during The Rift also (no idea if that discord is still active).

I bet that it's extremely common, to the point that almost every player at some point will probably end up going anti-hero if they haven't already.

I joined in a family war because we were getting killed by another fam, we all could see it happening so three of us went to try and wipe everyone out. I was slow on the road getting old, told them I was on laptop trackpad and they just lol'ed and told me to heal them, so I did. Even I'm not perfect, not everyone in their town deserved to die and someone stabbed me after two heals anyways so thank goodness and I hope they survived.
I was shaking so much I will never pressure myself into all out family war again, I'll just move.

( ) ~* *

Breasticles

#20 2020-01-07 23:24:37

Lum

My solution is to make a small cage outside of town for when you want to drop off any personal items or starve a baby.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#21 2020-01-07 23:58:32

Legs

Lum wrote:

My solution is to make a small cage outside of town for when you want to drop off any personal items or starve a baby.

Bonus point if you install a box on it to pass food through to the trapped child as they're forced to live their life in isolation until their inevitable, voluntary suicide.

Loco Motion

#22 2020-01-08 00:19:53

Cantface

Dark but definitely doable.

Breasticles

Board footer