One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-02 11:32:06

Aname

I dont see the problem of killers.

Why is everyone crying about getting killed. its part of the game deal with it dont cry about it.

i get that sometimes its shit to be killed but getting killed is pretty rare. i am playing this game for a long time and i dont have trouble with griefers. most of the time i just kill them directly when they just killed one guy.

the only problem i see is the griefer that destroys things but i kill him fast too. i just dont see the problem.

but dont cry like a little bitch because you are too shit to kill a griefer. the only thing i see on this forum is how people are getting killed. like dude come the fuck on you got killed one time gg m8.

i think the game is just fine with killing i dont see any problem. you can kill the griefer just as easy as he can kill you. i almost win every 1v1 againt a griefer-murderer.

just stop crying about it. just get better at pvp it isnt that hard if you see a guy with a bow just run in circle look what he is doing. if you see a blood corpse dont go ask what happend just kill the guy. because you prob know who the guard is if there is any guards.

and just run in some direction where are berry bushes. make a bow and chase the killer. if youre on half hunger you go back to the bushes. but never go below on half hunger. because if you kill him. you cant do anything for some minutes it think and then u can starve to death.

play smart dont stand still dont ask what. and Always hide a bow for youre self.

and dont cry if you get killed one time. its just part of the game.

Last edited by Aname (2018-04-02 13:04:21)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#2 2018-04-02 11:49:41

sammoh

Re: I dont see the problem of killers.

Friendly reminder that if you are a whiny bitch like me and think "PvP" is nonsense in this game, there are at least two servers that have violence disabled. Norrg and I both disallow killing in our respective universes.

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#3 2018-04-02 12:37:42

breezeknight

maybe players should vote
if they want to have murderers running around & killing
or not

players not wanting wild killings shouldn't be forced to abandon the main servers & to use the custom only

this is supposed to be a game of civilization & not about murderers running free & using weapons made by someone else
players who spend time crafting things know how hard it is to make it to that point at all

in a RL civilization are laws, regulations & options available
in this game we have to deal with what's there or missing

it's meantime as bad as players are scared of anybody holding a knife, even if it's for protection of the town
already holding a bow & arrows makes players flee
what is fun about that ?

#4 2018-04-02 14:55:15

TrustyWay

earthling wrote:

Allone the way how you are using gay in your third sentence made me stop reading your post.

My best friend is gay and I use homophobic terms all the time. I hang out only with foreigners and I do racist jokes all the time. The only offended people ik are the straight white people worried to be called homophobic racist.

It shouldn't be a problem to use the word gay to describe something. He removed the word just for you because he didn't want to hurt you

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-02 15:11:42)

#5 2018-04-02 15:29:32

Aname

TrustyWay wrote:
earthling wrote:

Allone the way how you are using gay in your third sentence made me stop reading your post.

My best friend is gay and I use homophobic terms all the time. I hang out only with foreigners and I do racist jokes all the time. The only offended people ik are the straight white people worried to be called homophobic racist.

It shouldn't be a problem to use the word gay to describe something. He removed the word just for you because he didn't want to hurt you

Lol lets not fight. its pretty normal for me to say the word gay as in shit. but i dont hate gays or anything. in my country everyone says the word cancer like its an normal insult.

#6 2018-04-02 17:48:31

Dchella

TrustyWay wrote:
earthling wrote:

"Come on guys! My shadow's black; it isn't racist!"
The typical I have a [insert minority] friend, it's okay.

Back onto the topic though, it just is a bit annoying that one person can easily kill off a village in a game centered on BUILDING civilization. Having to watch villages get wiped repeatedly is just annoying. Yes it will be repopulated, but enough civilizations die off to general incompetence. I do not need to be worrying about some asshole with an easily crafted bow doing a number on my village. It hampers the experience, and progression of the game.

It doesn't help that the griefer can instantly respawn into another village and to the same thing ad infinitum, while we will always be on the receiving end forever.

Someone summed it up nicely in another post (I forgot who you are and cannot find it, sorry)
Crudely put, if a griefer kills a village and dies; he succeeded in his goal and is playing the game how he wants to. He is having fun.
For the general player farming carrots, making pies, whatever, we are always on the receiving end of this unending cycle and are getting killed/hampered repeatedly for bullshit reasons. We have to be the ones answering for the damages, CONSTANTLY. it's tiring. We are not having fun, and we are becoming jaded.

It's hurting the playerbase..

Last edited by Dchella (2018-04-02 17:52:00)

#7 2018-04-02 18:58:38

Aname

Dchella wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:
earthling wrote:

Back onto the topic though, it just is a bit annoying that one person can easily kill off a village in a game centered on BUILDING civilization. Having to watch villages get wiped repeatedly is just annoying. Yes it will be repopulated, but enough civilizations die off to general incompetence. I do not need to be worrying about some asshole with an easily crafted bow doing a number on my village. It hampers the experience, and progression of the game.

It doesn't help that the griefer can instantly respawn into another village and to the same thing ad infinitum, while we will always be on the receiving end forever.

Someone summed it up nicely in another post (I forgot who you are and cannot find it, sorry)
Crudely put, if a griefer kills a village and dies; he succeeded in his goal and is playing the game how he wants to. He is having fun.
For the general player farming carrots, making pies, whatever, we are always on the receiving end of this unending cycle and are getting killed/hampered repeatedly for bullshit reasons. We have to be the ones answering for the damages, CONSTANTLY. it's tiring. We are not having fun, and we are becoming jaded.

but i dont think there are that many murders tho because i play for a long time. and i didnt really have trouble with murderers most of the time they just dumb af and die of starvation. or i kill them easily. but its pretty rare if i encounter some guy killing a whole village.

the only thing i really hate is that they are removing all the berry bushes thats just plain annoying. but murders nah not much of a problem on my side.

but thats moire of an opinion then really a fact maybe you guys have more killers when you play. but i most of the time just kill the murderer or they die of starvation or they ran off to be never seen again.

but i just dont see the point about crying on this forum all day. the dev isnt going to do shit about it. so deal with it and if you really want to bitch about it. put it in the sub reddit. not on this forum.

#8 2018-04-03 02:06:21

pein

pvp in a point and click gmae, yea man requires much skill

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-04-03 02:08:50

Dchella

Aname wrote:
Dchella wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

but i dont think there are that many murders tho because i play for a long time. and i didnt really have trouble with murderers most of the time they just dumb af and die of starvation. or i kill them easily. but its pretty rare if i encounter some guy killing a whole village.

the only thing i really hate is that they are removing all the berry bushes thats just plain annoying. but murders nah not much of a problem on my side.

but thats moire of an opinion then really a fact maybe you guys have more killers when you play. but i most of the time just kill the murderer or they die of starvation or they ran off to be never seen again.

but i just dont see the point about crying on this forum all day. the dev isnt going to do shit about it. so deal with it and if you really want to bitch about it. put it in the sub reddit. not on this forum.

Just because you don't experience it does not mean it doesn't happen. These posts are testament of that.

#10 2018-04-03 02:15:40

kerfuffle

I'm at about 50% of the games I play someone kills someone. Or a lot of people before they can be stopped.  To be fair I've killed 2 people today for eating all the berries from compost trees. Explain to them what they are for.  They fill up wagons of berries. I get stabby

#11 2018-04-03 14:46:03

Alleria

kerfuffle wrote:

I'm at about 50% of the games I play someone kills someone. Or a lot of people before they can be stopped.  To be fair I've killed 2 people today for eating all the berries from compost trees. Explain to them what they are for.  They fill up wagons of berries. I get stabby

My dude, I think you've killed me before (week or 2 ago). I can't tell from your post if you're aware, but domestic berry bushes only regrow if you eat the last berry. USUALLY you shouldn't eat from a full bush, but there are exceptions. I've filled up many a cart with berry baskets smile

By the way, eating berries is usually better for your civilisation than carrots. They use about 25% less water per calorie.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

Board footer