One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-29 06:35:08

JasonY

Nerf the Horse?

It is very easy to terrorize towns with a horse, Kill all sheep and steal loot. You can evade any attackers, Even if they have a horse too you need to get off to attack them and by then they are out of range.

Maybe I'm just bad but I struggle to kill anybody who's riding a horse. If theirs some grand anti horse tactics I would genuinely appreciate some pointers.

Some ideas.

Some kind of lance or something you can use while riding. Even if you could just knock them off you'd have a chance to go in with a weapon.

Horses needing food and water instead of being almost immortal.

Last edited by JasonY (2019-11-29 06:44:55)

Need Content

#2 2019-11-29 07:53:24

miskas

Re: Nerf the Horse?

if you wanna deal with griefers Just curse them, don't kill them.

Also, use their griefing as proof to persuade the whole village to curse them.
Let them grief again so you can persuade more people.
If you do that It will be the last time you will be dealing with him for the next 30 days.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-29 07:57:16)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#3 2019-11-29 08:11:11

arkajalka

Think its not even possible to kill a person from horseback. So horse makes you immortal. Horse is the most overpowered item in game and it doesn't even take a tool slot. Imo horserideing should be a skill slot tied to lasso just like fire bow drill/Flint-tipped Bow Drill. For people crying about slots "Git good".

+1 for lances. Not a knock of, direct kill. They use safer heads with more easily breakable wood in jousting shows. There could also be a show version of the lance. Also would make it so that you can only kill persons from horseback with lance as grieffing towns would be super easy with horse and a lance. If you'd be able to murder anyone with lance we would just witness the four horseman of apocalypse when grieffers would take this new tool into good use...

Heres a link about lance combat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbRmnWMXRU

4apochorse

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#4 2019-11-29 08:34:28

JasonY

miskas wrote:

if you wanna deal with griefers Just curse them, don't kill them.

Also, use their griefing as proof to persuade the whole village to curse them.
Let them grief again so you can persuade more people.
If you do that It will be the last time you will be dealing with him for the next 30 days.

Sure, That may help in the long run. Not sure how effective a curse really is but it is at least something they can't avoid.

But that doesn't help at all in the here and now. They still essentially get free reign of the town.

Need Content

#5 2019-11-29 09:03:04

arkajalka

JasonY wrote:

Sure, That may help in the long run. Not sure how effective a curse really is but it is at least something they can't avoid.

But that doesn't help at all in the here and now. They still essentially get free reign of the town.

Usually true grieffers(aka the town slayers, not the noobs testing out knife) tend to prefer on spawning as an eve, that way they are insant capable of using weaponry and can also wield warsword on others, as their family lines are not in peace with other family lines. There is no real cure for this as long as eves find their way back to big towns and a bell is an invite for the rampageing eves.

edit: also warsword as a tool of massacre is broken as fuck... you can drop it in ground and switch to new one reseting the kill bullet time motion.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-11-29 09:04:55)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#6 2019-11-29 09:12:00

StrongForce

Use a bow stay at your town in agro mode.
Best have some others join your pose to make you faster. If they have bow too even better.
If he comes back and run into your range he is dead.

It's hard yes but I don't realy see a good way to fix it.
Maby horses just need to be fed every hour and the tires wear down.

Baby dance!!

#7 2019-11-29 09:23:13

Grim_Arbiter

Yeah horses can get taken out by arrows. People think they are safe and try to keep distance but often misjudge it and get shot off.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2019-11-29 09:37:39

JasonY

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Yeah horses can get taken out by arrows. People think they are safe and try to keep distance but often misjudge it and get shot off.

Hmm, I will try that. But generally, bows aren't so common and I don't usually learn them. I'd learn knife because of it's multi-functionality.

It would be satisfying to shoot them down, So many smug fucks.

Even non-griefer wise, I still think horses need a nerf. We don't have a reason to build cars even though they are higher-tech, therefore should be better.

Need Content

#9 2019-11-29 09:52:49

Grim_Arbiter

JasonY wrote:

Hmm, I will try that. But generally, bows aren't so common and I don't usually learn them. I'd learn knife because of it's multi-functionality.

It would be satisfying to shoot them down, So many smug fucks.

Oh dang, I've been thinking that there are WAY too many bows in towns lately. Sometimes I clean up the town, and often find at least 5 different bows lying around.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#10 2019-11-29 10:58:35

Coconut Fruit

With 3 players in posse (4 with you) you are as fast as a person on a horse. Just teach people to join you. Once you get the griefer just curse him

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#11 2019-11-29 12:38:43

pein

stop this nonsense

we even got fewer horses than before

actually some other animal should be added for other families like a donkey
plus actually would be cool to breed horses

you can shoot easily people on horse just have some tight closures, idiots even run on fasst roads so you don't even have to aim them just go where they will be

otherwise, it's not the horse, it's you, and you would be killed anyway

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2019-11-29 13:10:31

Coconut Fruit

Yeah, stop giving bad ideas, Jason loves implementing them :P

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#13 2019-11-29 14:21:46

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

no

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#14 2019-11-29 16:24:40

Tizzy

I’d really like to be able to use a bow on a horse or a lance would be fun! Then you could deal with attackers on horses, but then they’d be able to do the same to grief. But imagine lances, we could build jousting arenas.

#15 2019-11-29 17:45:28

Kaveh

For those suggesting cursing and getting more people to do so: I might be wrong, but don't you have to be within a certain distance from a person / where they died to be able to curse them? If they got away on horseback, they'd be wayyy too far away really fast for the rest to even be able to curse them.

#16 2019-11-29 18:23:58

miskas

Kaveh wrote:

For those suggesting cursing and getting more people to do so: I might be wrong, but don't you have to be within a certain distance from a person / where they died to be able to curse them? If they got away on horseback, they'd be wayyy too far away really fast for the rest to even be able to curse them.

still, the curse has a bigger range than a bow and 32 radius is enough to catch him if he ever comes back.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-29 18:29:08)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

Board footer