One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 23:24:08

arkajalka

EZ mode

Think we could start going towards the regular mode and drop the ez mode off...Majority of people have learned necesary skills to manipulate the world around them. Think it's due time to show em how harsh the  game really is. XD

There deffo should be some kinda note if its possible like the arc notes etc if we are switching back what it was before the influx.

Tho i kinda like it being this ez as you  can focus better on other things than constant hunger management...

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#2 2019-11-24 23:36:40

DestinyCall

Re: EZ mode

I'm enjoying easy mode.    It gives us more time to build and grow.

#3 2019-11-25 02:26:24

wondible

Was just a daughter of a newish eve. Unnamed, but seemed to know a few of the things to build. Didn't see her much and a daughter later confirmed the grave.

Things were okay, bit tight with several kids, at least half with new player notices. A set of twins nearly killed me - I barely made it to an onion on easy mode.

Life in more advanced towns was pretty good. Reducing the upper end would be fine, though it does hasten the end of the many rubberless settlements.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#4 2019-11-25 04:53:40

Stormyzabeast

Wth is "easy" mode?

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#5 2019-11-25 06:00:35

miskas

NOT yet! , remove it when we start to trade and have Kero/engine in every family.
We are not ready.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-25 06:01:24)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2019-11-25 07:01:19

arkajalka

Ez mode = food drains slower and foods have more pip value.

True, theres big advantage to ez mode. We can explore the meta and refine it into a playable form.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

#7 2019-11-25 14:46:32

Greenwood

Maybe the game should remain this easy indefinitely? It's not as if even this mode is a breeze - towns still struggle to survive and water eventually runs out. However, making food drain as slowly as it does now would allow towns more time to develop cultures and identities in the world around them. Towns like these are ultimately more fun to play in. So if such an easy mode as this makes it so that each town lasts for 2 days rather than 1 on average, would that be so bad? That's a whole other day to make a cool city before water runs out.

#8 2019-11-25 14:54:47

denriguez

Greenwood wrote:

Maybe the game should remain this easy indefinitely? It's not as if even this mode is a breeze - towns still struggle to survive and water eventually runs out. However, making food drain as slowly as it does now would allow towns more time to develop cultures and identities in the world around them. Towns like these are ultimately more fun to play in. So if such an easy mode as this makes it so that each town lasts for 2 days rather than 1 on average, would that be so bad? That's a whole other day to make a cool city before water runs out.

Agreed. I've said before, eating is not interesting. It's still possible to starve if you're not careful, and if your town is poorly managed, you still risk food collapse, but damn it feels good to be able to teach folks and have adventures.

#9 2019-11-25 14:56:14

Lum

Truth be told, I encountered many people who still need to learn about farming, smithing and cooking. I'm not sure they're ready yet, I know it took me many hours to finally achieve a balance between surviving, working and learning.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#10 2019-11-25 15:08:44

Coconut Fruit

I'm not a fan of hunger changes. It was necessary back then when we had 20 babies per mother but I don't think it is still necessary.

The game became too easy.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#11 2019-11-25 15:36:05

StrongForce

Let's keep it on ez so we don't scare the new ones
I love having more players and once they are hooked we can get the challange back

Baby dance!!

#12 2019-11-25 16:56:13

Stormyzabeast

StrongForce wrote:

Let's keep it on ez so we don't scare the new ones
I love having more players and once they are hooked we can get the challange back

Agree!!

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#13 2019-11-25 16:59:30

JonySky
Website

It is not necessary to nerf the food to give emotion to the game ... (this only causes to eat more and have less time to perform tasks)
There is a lot of food in OHOL, reduce it with pests or with extreme weather
this is being talked about in another post ....

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8544

#14 2019-11-25 19:37:13

Coconut Fruit

Make it like it was before steam discount and boost yumming to give +2 pips for yum foods instead of +1.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#15 2019-11-25 22:11:06

arkajalka

JonySky wrote:

It is not necessary to nerf the food to give emotion to the game ... (this only causes to eat more and have less time to perform tasks)
There is a lot of food in OHOL, reduce it with pests or with extreme weather
this is being talked about in another post ....

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8544

Oh this sounds really nice. I like things being challenging. Theres a huge difference tho in something being challenging then just annoying repetitive forced behaviour.

Edit... that topic doesn't focus on the different aproach to create challenge in food management. Like the pests/weather that you meantioned.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-11-25 22:16:32)

#16 2019-11-26 08:19:34

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Make it like it was before steam discount and boost yumming to give +2 pips for yum foods instead of +1.

That's much harsher on new players, and anyone in Eve camps especially than the current system (you can get some yum in an Eve camp, but it's rather small).  And I suspect that even some casual players struggle a bit there.  The game has much more to offer than the concern of eating.  I have been and remain a proponent of yum, and it's for sure useful and nice.  From the streams I've watched it seems that buildings are getting built and clothing getting made and there's some variety in the types of lives.

I've also played with some random people on some low population servers and though they don't quite look like their playing for the first time, they look rather newish and have a lot to learn about the game.  I'm not saying that they would struggle too much in a low population context.  But, if they're also playing in a high population context, they might just be struggling a little more than can be useful.

More advanced players I suggest to challenge their selves to maximize their efficiency or become better at town leadership (perhaps there's a connection between tool slots and advanced players engaging in more town leadership?).

Therefore, I see no reason to mess with the current system at all.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-11-26 08:25:08)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#17 2019-11-26 10:18:06

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:
Coconut Fruit wrote:

That's much harsher on new players

It always been like this, additional pips for yumming could only make it easier than it was before.
Too easy game is boring. It is too easy now.

There was map wipe, steam discount and system that allowed many babies per mother, very few families and everyone in one server. All that made the game unplayable for a while, so food changes were necessary to make it playable again. But they had to be temporary changes, and I hope we will be back to food/hunger system like it was before.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2019-11-26 10:19:47)

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#18 2019-11-26 11:35:33

Kaveh

Yesss go back but with the yum boost! It's great incentive for people to actually try out different foods when they're new instead of them just standing around the berry bushes.

Board footer