One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-21 06:43:59

JasonY

The origin of spoonwood?

When did he start doing what he does and why?

Need Content

#2 2019-11-21 06:46:09

fug

Re: The origin of spoonwood?

Spoon is a salty boi. He has a vision of the game like all of us but instead of being reasonable he takes a crazy version of the game and stretches it. He's known for being one of the server 12 players and overall he isn't a bad dude just misguided. Spoon is like a veteran player who can't see the game from a new player view or Jason view.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-11-21 06:48:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I'm Spoonwood.

#4 2019-11-21 06:54:30

fug

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm Spoonwood.

Oh no, Jason I'mma have to recommend you to see a Psychiatrist with all that self loathing you got going on. I guess at the very least you're good at building roads.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2019-11-21 07:00:45

JasonY

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm Spoonwood.

Okay.

That makes up for you being an asshole last time. I should've known that he was your alter ego.

Need Content

#6 2019-11-21 07:03:12

fug

JasonY wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm Spoonwood.

Okay.

That makes up for you being an asshole last time. I should've known that he was your alter ego.

Jason isn't an asshole. He might be naive when it comes to issues, or at the most misguided but he isn't an asshole. I might be a tad bit rude to him when it comes to fixing bugs or making them but by no means has he done us or anyone else wrong.

Jason sees things on a different level just like I can't see things on a new players level. Instead of being rude dudes we need to try to work together to make the game better for everyone.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2019-11-21 07:07:03

JasonY

fug wrote:
JasonY wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm Spoonwood.

Okay.

Jason isn't an asshole. He might be naive when it comes to issues, or at the most misguided but he isn't an asshole. I might be a tad bit rude to him when it comes to fixing bugs or making them but by no means has he done us or anyone else wrong.

Jason sees things on a different level just like I can't see things on a new players level. Instead of being rude dudes we need to try to work together to make the game better for everyone.

I can understand, Just that he did a leave a rather snarky reply on my last thread.

Anyways we're cool and I'm kinda the look of the next update so far. I still want content though.

Need Content

#8 2019-11-21 07:11:29

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Some content will be part of this update.

#9 2019-11-21 07:15:58

Spoonwood

So you've only been here a week  I know by the registered date by your name... unless you were here under a different acount.  You can click on my name review old posts that I started with.  No, I did not have another account in some other name as some other people have.  As I recall, I originally posted more on reddit than on the forums.  Here were two of my posts: https://www.reddit.com/r/onehouronelife … iring_and/  https://www.reddit.com/r/onehouronelife … _eve_runs/

My purposes aren't the same from post to post.  Sometimes I mean mostly to raise questions.  Sometimes I mean to complain about something thinking the game could be better in that respect, either because of my taste, what I've read on discord by others, or for other reason such as the tool skill system only having negative effects in an Eve-chaining context where no one else shows up apparently.  Sometimes I've been unhappy with how community members have gotten treated and have wanted to express that.  If you check my reddit posts above there's a tutorial for smithing, and a reflection on Eve runs which are rather different purposes. 

In my own defense with respect to fug's comment, I've even gone to lengths to think about how the tool skill system has consequences for new players which not having such didn't (that mostly seems positive... newbs I think tend to almost always fall into needing/wanting direction in game... like the person who says 'job?' when she turns 3).  I have built a number of roads.  Mostly on the old server12 before it got wiped or lost because people didn't keep going back to the area.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2019-11-21 07:22:37

Spoonwood

I'm not finding any comments by me in any of your posts JasonY.  You have one here: http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8414  and one here: http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8389 and this one.  That's it so far as I see.  I don't recall ever deleting any comments either.  So, I'm not seeing any sort of reply on any of your threads and feel completely baffled as to what I might have said.  In light of that, maybe the more relevant question is who are you JasonY?

Danish Clinch.

#11 2019-11-21 07:23:14

JasonY

Spoonwood wrote:

So you've only been here a week  I know by the registered date by your name... unless you were here under a different acount.  You can click on my name review old posts that I started with.  No, I did not have another account in some other name as some other people have.  As I recall, I originally posted more on reddit than on the forums.  Here were two of my posts: https://www.reddit.com/r/onehouronelife … iring_and/  https://www.reddit.com/r/onehouronelife … _eve_runs/

My purposes aren't the same from post to post.  Sometimes I mean mostly to raise questions.  Sometimes I mean to complain about something thinking the game could be better in that respect, either because of my taste, what I've read on discord by others, or for other reason such as the tool skill system only having negative effects in an Eve-chaining context where no one else shows up apparently.  Sometimes I've been unhappy with how community members have gotten treated and have wanted to express that.  If you check my reddit posts above there's a tutorial for smithing, and a reflection on Eve runs which are rather different purposes. 

In my own defense with respect to fug's comment, I've even gone to lengths to think about how the tool skill system has consequences for new players which not having such didn't (that mostly seems positive... newbs I think tend to almost always fall into needing/wanting direction in game... like the person who says 'job?' when she turns 3).  I have built a number of roads.  Mostly on the old server12 before it got wiped or lost because people didn't keep going back to the area.

You said alot without actually answering my question. Can you be like your name and spoonfeed me your origin story. Was it just that you decided to microwave your phone one day and developed superhuman intellect?

Last edited by JasonY (2019-11-21 07:23:53)

Need Content

#12 2019-11-21 07:24:22

fug

JasonY wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

You said alot without actually answering my question. Can you be like your name and spoonfeed me your origin story. Was it just that you decided to microwave your phone one day and developed superhuman intellect?

Like as normal I'm not reading spoonys post but he succ.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#13 2019-11-21 07:31:30

jasonrohrer
Administrator

And my reply wasn't snarky.  I worked hard on the Halloween costumes.  Why didn't you like them?

You come in here, into my house, and accuse me of "conning" people?  You also make stuff up about no content for an entire year.  Look at the update log, sir.  A year ago was November.  Since last November, there have been 268 new objects added.  268 objects is more than many other games have total.  To make those objects, I hand-drew 645 new sprites.  That's more than two new drawings per day for each day of the year, and that's on top of all the other changes I was making to the game.

The reality is that this is one of the most frequently and deeply updated games ever.  There have been 81 weekly updates in 19 months.  Try scrolling through the news posts on Steam and see how long you go before your finger gets tired.

Go back to last November and find... no Jungle, no steam engines, no diesel engines, no radios, cameras, etc etc etc.

And despite all of this stuff, all made by one person, and despite all the 12 hour days I've put in over the past year to make the game better and better and better... it just isn't enough for you.

Your attitude is completely inappropriate, given the facts of the situation.

#14 2019-11-21 07:41:54

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

And my reply wasn't snarky.  I worked hard on the Halloween costumes.  Why didn't you like them?

Oh you did reply to JasonY on Halloween costumes.  Yes, that was a content update!  A real one.  Not to my taste, but on that one, I have a feeling I just don't like them and may well have a minority taste there.  Different strokes for different folks and all.  I kind of feel like the ghost is trying to hide, same with the mask, but I can't think of how with respect to the game that makes it easier for someone to grief or is bad (I think I agree that halloween costumes shouldn't be the most insulating clothing).  I did see a group of ghost griefers on someone's stream shortly after that came out, but I can't say that the costumes made it easier for them to grief.  I don't like the costumes myself, but they were probably good for the game in my opinion.

jasonrohrer wrote:

You come in here, into my house, and accuse me of "conning" people?  You also make stuff up about no content for an entire year.  Look at the update log, sir.  A year ago was November.  Since last November, there have been 268 new objects added.  268 objects is more than many other games have total.  To make those objects, I hand-drew 645 new sprites.  That's more than two new drawings per day for each day of the year, and that's on top of all the other changes I was making to the game.

Yea, even from someone who has agreed with the 'need content' crowd, that post ventured into falsehood.  There has been new content added in the past year in reality.  No need to go into comparisons with other games Jason, especially not here.

Danish Clinch.

#15 2019-11-21 07:54:11

jcwilk

Spoonwood is the alpha and the omega (bringing the topic back on track, you're welcome) they are the truth shining like a beacon from the deepest darkness. They are our gateway to an alternate universe otherwise unreachable. We can learn from them. Nay, we must. Venture forth JasonY, lesser of Jasons, and expand.

#16 2019-11-21 08:02:15

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I liked the Halloween costumes, they're cute. I can understand people's frustrations for actual tech tho.

Don't let a grumpy boi get you down Jason.

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2019-11-21 08:03:15)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#17 2019-11-21 08:04:10

fug

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

I liked the Halloween costumes, they're cute. I can understand people's frustrations for actual tech tho.

Yeah, it was generally a fun update. People upset with fun rp updates can eat hard noodles.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#18 2019-11-21 08:05:17

sigmen4020

The only real gripe I had with the Halloween update is that from now on 20 % of all squash plants will turn into useless pumpkins. And Jason is at least planning to make pumpkins useful outside of decorations in a future update, so it doesn't really bother me much anymore tbh.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#19 2019-11-21 08:11:34

JasonY

jcwilk wrote:

Spoonwood is the alpha and the omega (bringing the topic back on track, you're welcome) they are the truth shining like a beacon from the deepest darkness. They are our gateway to an alternate universe otherwise unreachable. We can learn from them. Nay, we must. Venture forth JasonY, lesser of Jasons, and expand.

Some writing talent right here.

If you wrote a book, I'd probably buy it.

Need Content

#20 2019-11-21 08:18:47

Spoonwood

fug wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Yeah, it was generally a fun update. People upset with fun rp updates can eat hard noodles.

Fortunately for my teeth, I'm not one of those people.

Danish Clinch.

#21 2019-11-21 08:23:27

Dodge

fug wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Hard noodles are good thought

#22 2019-11-21 12:30:20

pein

spoonwood is a drinking game

each time he says parenting, civilization and yum you need to drink a cup of alcohol
make sure someone can call an ambulance if you plan to read many of his posts

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer