One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-08 21:04:52

DestinyCall

Brainstorming Ideas - Home improvements

If you had a house in OHOL, what would you like to be able to put inside it?

How would you make your house into a home?

I want a refridgerator so I can store all my favorite meats and a big bucket of milk.

#2 2019-11-08 21:13:03

fug

Re: Brainstorming Ideas - Home improvements

I always put my homes around ice holes then decorate the outside with flowers/milkweed. Inside has boxes, nondecaying clothes, and a few basic tools for fire starting and such.

I'd love to have some cosmetic stuff like chairs, or tables that functioned like boxes (items laying horizontal instead of vertically) and maybe something like a baby bed/crib that way you can keep baby warm without making a fire inside.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-11-08 21:23:30

Toxolotl

Refrigerator mechanism would be cool. I got into ark big time back in the day and rushing to the refrigerator was huge.

House wise though, i would want a general storage space in the main area. Depending on heat dynamics either a hearth area in that main storage area or in a close by room, whichever was more efficient. Then i would want a workshop, likely a forge. A small kitchen, with a refrigerator if that got implemented.

I think cribs could be a really cool mechanic. Could provide additional insulation for babies, so that would be near the hearth wherever that may be. Then a fenced yard to store materials and tools that are actively used.

This is all presuming personally property, inheritance, and capitalism is given to opportunity to not be toxic. Otherwise it would be borderline hoarding and if anyone left the house they would likely be stabbed.

Personally i like the communist anarchy we have going, its much like the incas back in the day with an even looser social structure. We dont have monarchies or government entities regulating food or resources and its built on the trust system, which i find really beautiful. Especially since its the most efficient system as of now.

It would be cool to have different societal structures be given an opportunity to shine without being a liability though. As it stands unregulated communism is the most stable. Inequality kills and disables people from contributing to society as it stands. Not sure how this would be stabilized but it would be nice to have societal structure vary depending on what people want. There could be revolutions to reformat society which could make for an interesting dynamic.

Last edited by Toxolotl (2019-11-09 19:59:24)

#4 2019-11-08 22:50:54

Kaveh

Being able to put up the pictures you take with the camera would be cool
Also other types of decoration than just bear rug

#5 2019-11-08 23:52:29

pein

table for food would be nice

paintings on wall, just for decoration, maybe painting pictures like in sims or ONI
décor bonus could be a thing like Oni or Tropico, mood bonus, garbage would be minus, and could have effect on the birth rate

if he changes food consumption, buffering foods would allow beds and chairs
but anyway would be fun to have sofas to sit and talk

central heating trough a fireplace

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2019-11-09 08:29:23

WalrusesConquer

I mean probably some boxes or a bonsai, but at the moment there's not a lot of point to a house as what can you put in it lol

I'd like to see tables, chairs and the picture idea sounds great! What if we had an easal that did the same but gave a watercolour effect (and was easier to make)

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-11-09 08:30:48)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#7 2019-11-09 08:55:52

Dodge

Homes are a meme currently, so i guess main improvement would be to actually make them into something.

Also making the pine panel give 20 panels enough for a 4x5 house and pine needle flooring would be nice too.

This way you could make a house very early without even needing steel tools.

#8 2019-11-10 17:15:31

Saolin

Perhaps a chair you could sit on to decrease food drain. Would go nicely with the crib idea.

#9 2019-11-10 17:49:52

DestinyCall

Saolin wrote:

Perhaps a chair you could sit on to decrease food drain. Would go nicely with the crib idea.

That would be nice.  If chairs and couches decreased food drain and required placement indoors, it would encourage people to gather together inside to warm up and talk to each other.

Some people would use that time to socialize and roleplay.  But I think it would also provide valuable time to share information and coordinate village activities and planning.

Board footer