One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-11-07 00:29:55

arkajalka

Re: Another wacky food idea

Imo not listening feed back would be just plain ingnorance. I bet the people who actually talk even in this thread have over 10000hours all together in this game. Which translates to over a year of constant playing. Ignoring that amount of experience is just devolving back wards to fish brain.

To be honest i'd love to see more of forums great suggestions get taken into closer look.

PS. add mosquito repellent REEEEEEEE

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#27 2019-11-07 01:00:45

pein

What about each food would need to be catabolized then would add the food value to you?

Now that some foods require tools, they should worth more a bit. If food is cooked, you can eat it faster and you digest it faster.
You would be alive but you would need to stop to digest faster. Then sofas and chairs could help on that.
Also would make sense if you filled your buffer but you didn't digest it yet, your stomach would be big. Not sure if you could stretch the clothes and body sprites to fit automatically.
This would allow overeating but then people would struggle with munching berries.
Also some foods could give instant energy like sugar rush? that would allow bypassing the downtime, getting some instant food pips. those foods would be rarer and more time to prepare. Extra spices? cooked food? High tech sugary Bon-bons?

The other could be a combined yum.
Not sure how many categories could we have. Fruits, vegetables, cooked food, mixed food, sweets, etc. or even more breakdown like carbohyrates, lactose, etc. each of them would be different colour pip and combined value would be the yum. If you got multiple colours, they would speed up each other.

Even wackier, some time limits where certain foods would give more pips or better metabolism for a time period, this could be city-wide or personal, or both, and this would motivate people to make certain food types in certain periods. Which would also allow people to eat together. Banana time? People would go to the jungle, stew time? Get the crocks.

Most wackiest: you would need to build certain amino-acid sequences. Food bar would be 2d not a line, around 8x8. You would need to match the order of the coloured boxes vertically to get a certain number of proteins required for your body. The contents of your stomach would change over time so longer chains wouldn't be worse than short ones, you could increase the chances of certain proteins with certain foods. IF you would reach a certain number, you could gain speed bonuses, then open your third eye and see players aura xD
Your life expectancy would be 50. To have a chance to reach 60, you would need to earn 10 points. Like a Dr. Mario Tetris Snake game xD

Last edited by pein (2019-11-07 01:02:13)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#28 2019-11-07 05:09:22

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm not trying to gauge what the playerbase "wants" with posts like this.  I'm also not looking for you to express an opinion.

Then you're not looking to make as good of a product as you could, since you don't want to make design choices with what your consumer base wants.  You would do much better if you were always interested in what your playerbase wants, but since this game is about your satisfying your egotistical desires (as evidenced by you refering to yourself as "the greatest game designer" or whatever you said along those lines exactly), I find it doubtful that you changed your attitude such that your were interested in your playerbase's desires.

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm trying to run difficult design problems by a group of very smart people.

With the current pip drain rate, the proposed change would be very unforgiving on new players.  They would die more often. 

I think that all of the above comments assume the current pip drain rate.  But, with a lower pip drain rate, only being able to eat when starving MIGHT work.  However, what the balance would be probably would need to get play tested a fair bit with people who don't use zoom at the very least before getting released to the general public.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer