We had a nerf on the compost
We had a nerf on ground iron
One more nerf on the compost
Multiple nerfs on the water

Now you can convert water into iron

Until you got kerosene, you can get iron ideally
Until you got water, you can get kerosene
So you can make enough hoes to till double soil, and save on the water

Making twice as much soil is a waste on the water, so tilling twice is saving on water
Also probably you should stick an egg into dung as it has more than a bowl of water spent on making it

If your town can't afford the iron, then you are behind on engine tech
Most water won't regenerate

to put in perspective, tilling 110 tiles, will use 2 hoes and 15 water (7 tilling costs one bowl of water)
110 soil is worth around 35 water so net profit of 20 water
so for composting to be equal, would need to be 7 more baskets of soil so double or drop the water component

so if you save the water by not making ropes and extra compost, you save on iron, in the long term, which saves on kerosene which saves on water, so you got to rush the engine tech but you shouldn't spare your hoes

math here:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 804#p77804

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-10-31 02:37:14

Gomez

Re: Till two soil they said

yeah i was already on that page i believe i screamed profanity in the general direction of the smith as i tilled one tile rows in my lil soup farm.

#3 2019-10-31 03:34:27

Coconut Fruit

Playing is not efficient since it only consumes water.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2019-10-31 10:35:00

pein

I mean it's not a big deal changing your ways, as dumb as it seems, you make less compost and you got less excess wheat and mutton and bones
if you got big population, probably worth saving soil, and making the extra food, but it just seems too much generally.
when was the last time you actively cook pies and people eat before the next batch? sure as hell when I do it, the town is good for 20 minutes

pies also need water so that number there, 14x4 wheat makes 56 mutton pies, 14 dung and 14 wheat
no need to reinvest all of it instantly, that 56 pies feed a whole lot of people, most towns don't even have that many plates
now you can use that 220 soil for quite a lot of stew wheat, carrot, milkweed, trees so making more compost is wasting water and generating garbage and you end up not making meat or not making pies so all your effort goes to waste since poop decays and fleece is expensive

I was doing double soil tilling cause my work was saving the tools and the soil was cheap
soil is not so cheap now as it needs water, and using the same water you can get iron or advance the tech
now it's not a huge difference, on 14 compost piles you barely get one set of clothing (12 fleece) and pads or hat or hats, so the soil saved this way will end up on the bushes most likely, now I don't know the mat on that, probably worth more wearing clothes than producing more food
maybe it turns out that it won't as that Newcomen 2 part clothing is 12 water, 12 shear uses which could feed the town for a while

this hidden nerfs with the water reduction end up making everything a useless luxury

if you want to save resources, probably better off gathering wild food for the town, like 8 wild bushes probably worth placing fences, far away soil piles and wild wheat goes a long way, your town can have enough water to make an engine easier, they don't have to scrap ponds into buckets to run the Newcomen

kinda sad and depressing that the world always gonna be worse whatever you do

bottom line, till twice, not that hard to change that, you do the compost anyway then use it sparingly

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-10-31 10:51:41

miskas

I confirm

1 soil costs 0.26 water and an extra steel hoe use cost 0.14 water (=1/51/2*70/5)

Last edited by miskas (2019-10-31 10:52:00)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2019-10-31 13:50:59

StrongForce

Well we don't make it to run out of oil anyway.
And until you have mine and engine well you can't directly compare iron to water.
It depends on the situation

Still good practice for when we actually get to the stage where oil is limiting factor

Last edited by StrongForce (2019-10-31 13:52:49)

Baby dance!!

#7 2019-10-31 20:54:09

Gomez

yeah that clothing is super expensive I think is worth making clothing long as it get passed from generation to generation and stays around town people won't make more.  Ironically dying it increase its aesthetics increasing the likely hood it will be kept.

#8 2019-10-31 21:23:04

Gomez

gone are the days of the berri plantation LOOOL  I cringe everytime an Eve kick me out of hearth and drop me off in the berri plantation at three.  I try to hold / feed my kids til almost five and encourage them to sit around fire and feed off me especially since I'm running high yum I don't mind the extra food loss from my bar.

When I'm young I use heat decay to run small errand around the hearth cleaning bone piles removing clutter, bring yum, etc then get back to fire before too cold. The hearth has to be well stocked with wood, meds, food and clothging before I venture forth tbh. Once that done make some soup and by that time I'm prob getting old and back chlling by the fire at which point eraser, paper and pencil become concern.

Last edited by Gomez (2019-10-31 21:23:47)

#9 2019-11-01 07:07:01

pedrito confesiones

pine wall gang pine wall gang.
can we calcule the average time of a perfect optimized rift

Last edited by pedrito confesiones (2019-11-01 07:09:37)

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#10 2019-11-01 15:56:03

PeebleCreek

Gomez wrote:

gone are the days of the berri plantation LOOOL  I cringe everytime an Eve kick me out of hearth and drop me off in the berri plantation at three.  I try to hold / feed my kids til almost five and encourage them to sit around fire and feed off me especially since I'm running high yum I don't mind the extra food loss from my bar.

I should start doing this. I've always known that it's more efficient to breast feed for as long as possible, but it just didn't seem like something most people were doing and I generally just go with the flow.

Definitely makes more sense to just keep breast feeding when possible, especially if there's a baby boom and you can't get anything done anyway without having to drop it and go clothe Baby #7.

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

#11 2019-11-01 21:12:23

pein

had to explain to my kid why I'm doing it, doesn't seem it worked I mean the soil thing

I often ask to be fed by people until I'm 5
the reactions are different, some feed me berry others talk too much not understanding that they still can pick me up

Last edited by pein (2019-11-01 21:17:53)

#12 2019-11-01 22:02:53

miskas

dont tell them feed me, tell them pick me up.

Keep it as simple as possible.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#13 2019-11-01 23:49:46

pein

well you know, at 5 you speak 5 letters, so either they already know it or until you explain you grow a beard

#14 2019-11-02 08:16:58

CatX

Try to say "hug" ?

Board footer